Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A question about Second Spring

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Is this a single plant spell or is it an area of effect spell? Judging by the description in the W101 Wiki it looks like single plant but I would like to know from someone with experience using this spell.

Thanks.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
It's a single plant spell. What it does is freeze a plant at Elder, but makes it appear younger. It's for those of us who want to use plants as decorative items. When you use it you don't get the Elder harvest. I hope that helps.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
I was wondering? Does the plant stay frozen forever at young? Or just for a day? Cause I tried it, and the next day the plants were back at elder with needs on them. Do you have to apply the spell everyday? Just a little confused. I just want a few of my olants to stand there and look pretty. NO needs and NO harvest. Is that possible?

Thanks, Scarlet ShadowStone Exalted

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Your plant has to be at Elder Harvest stage. Glowing. You cast Second Spring on that plant, one time only, for 50 Energy cost. It should then revert to Mature State. It will not develop any needs as long as Second Spring is in effect. When you cast it you do not get the Elder Harvest rewards. You are free at any point in the future to Harvest the plant, in which case you will then get the Elder Harvest rewards. The plant will then disappear, as the Second Spring effect will have been removed. If you cast it on any plant that has not reached the Elder Harvest stage, it does nothing except waste 50 Energy. Also, if you attempt to Harvest a plant that is in Second Spring state, you will be reminded that it is in Second Spring and asked if you are sure you want to Harvest it. I hope this helps.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Thank You very much for your answer! What I was missing was to wait until it was at Elder Harvest. I didn't realize it worked on the Glowing Plant that way. Have never seen any explanation of this anywhere.

Scarlet ShadowStone Exlated

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Glad to help. I like using plants as decorations on my castles. Have fun!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Thanks to all of those who responded. It does pretty much what I thought it did. I have a house with all of the fish as interior decorations and I plan to plant one of each type of plant as permanent outdoor decoration and it looks like this will be the ticket.