Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question on plant needs

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I understand how visiting your properties will trigger needs on your plants but I do have a question on this...
Hypothetically, let's say that you have a garden in the yard of your property but you also have some plants growing in pots INSIDE your house. When you visit your property it will trigger the needs for the outside plants - but if you don't enter your house will the needs on those plants inside be triggered as well just by visiting the property - or is the inside treated as a separate location so that you have to actually enter the house to trigger the needs?

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
I haven't tried your proposal yet, but I have a Massive Fantasy Palace and a Red Barn Farm on the same wiz and I placed a teleporter inside each house going to the other one. I can port from house to house and not trigger plant needs on the destination house until I go out a door in the destination house where the garden with needs is. I have ported back and forth without triggering the needs icon til I go outside. May try your version just to know both ways for sure. Hope this helps some. It seems to be very confusing to many wizards.
Michael

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
TucsonWizard on Feb 6, 2015 wrote:
I understand how visiting your properties will trigger needs on your plants but I do have a question on this...
Hypothetically, let's say that you have a garden in the yard of your property but you also have some plants growing in pots INSIDE your house. When you visit your property it will trigger the needs for the outside plants - but if you don't enter your house will the needs on those plants inside be triggered as well just by visiting the property - or is the inside treated as a separate location so that you have to actually enter the house to trigger the needs?
Inside and Outside are treated separately. If you visit only the outside, inside plants are still 'unvisited' and won't get needs. The opposite is also true if teleporting inside the house, it will not trigger outside unless you go to an outside area, that includes balconies.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Thanks for the responses. I answered my own question quite by accident. I had planted indoors at one of my homes and forgot that I had and I know I visited that home multiple times over a two to three week stretch tending the outside gardens. When I finally did go inside the plants were fine and needed just standard watering, pollination etc.