Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Wizard needs secondary school advice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 18, 2012
Hi all,

Been playing W101 for a long time and tried a lot of combinations along the way.

First real try at Balance and I find it very refreshing, to not always be resisted straight away with wards but im now 22 and need to think about a secondary school (or not?).

I have Ice to Tower Shield and Fire to Fire Elf so far.

Was thinking about going Life to Sprite or Satyr but with my Mander Minion and Weakness+Shields I don't seem to get to badly bashed so far.

If someone that has a successful Balance wizard could give me some tips I would be very grateful, and anyone else who is knowledgeable please don't hesitate to give me your thoughts...

Thanks in advance,
SabreSam

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
You can do secondary school and make a great time of it. A lot of people mistakenly think it's an outdated concept, but it works extremely well in certain conditions. Secondary schools are best if you have a well-developed pet and a mastery amulet.

My pet knew spell proof, spell defy, pain bringer, and Gargantuan card (arguably one of the best PvE wizard talents you can train under Level 40).

My guy used to be Balance and Death. I would carry a deck with 1 Sandstorm card and 1 Deer Knight card, so I could use that pet enchant quickly. This also meant most of my battles were done in one hit, up until Dragonspyre when weakness gets bad. It was extremely efficient. After Level 48, I switched to full balance, as the gear no longer provided enough incentive to keep boosting Death.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
I did life only to sprite for a low-pip heal. Trained balance heals are fine, so there's no need for Satyr

Skipped Ice -- tower isn't ever needed questing, but you'll want it if you PvP.

Death to feint for more damage.

Then sun -- strong, giant, monstrous, gargantuan, colossal and star - fortify, amplify, infallible.

Then Chastisement, Punishment, Potent trap. Sharpen blade, Shadow Shrike.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Death to Feint is an excellent way to go. It gives you some sustain early in the game that does fall off later, but you'll have your own heals by that time. Also, Feint gives you tons of damage.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2012
Thank you all so very much for taking time to post and help me.

You've all given me lots to think about, and great ideas and tips.

Again, thanks very much, most kind :)
SabreSam