Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Special wands

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 06, 2013
Could we get a special wand that's wand attack hits all enemies? it would really mean a lot. i mean, if not now, then when the time is right, like a new world unlocked, or like level max increased or something. A wand, with a blast to hit all enemies at once. That's what i call magic

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
No one would use it because wands are generally used to remove shields or weaknesses WITHOUT blasting everything and removing all the traps. No one who isn't still in Wizard City actually uses their wand to do meaningful damage.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Robobot1747 on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
No one would use it because wands are generally used to remove shields or weaknesses WITHOUT blasting everything and removing all the traps. No one who isn't still in Wizard City actually uses their wand to do meaningful damage.
I second this.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2013
But what if the monsters are weak? Or the opposite, the wands to be strong. A wand that hits for 500 minimum.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2013
For this wand, obviously it'd cost pips. Not too many, so maybe 1-2.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
AndrewRavenshade00... on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
But what if the monsters are weak? Or the opposite, the wands to be strong. A wand that hits for 500 minimum.
It doesn't matter how weak the monsters are, no one uses their wand to deal damage unless you're still in Wizard City. Also, do you have any idea how overpowered 500 damage for 1-2 pips is? You've basically invented a wand with AoE wild bolt. And it still won't be used because everyone will still have better DPS from their actual spells. And then it would be abused to death in PvP.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
this would be useful on mobs that be shielding agast your wand school whichever that may be because you could break all at once and not one at a time

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
You just suggested a wand that hits harder than Scarecrow...lol

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
If you're questing with a group I don't think they'd be hanging around too long after you blow their trap set-up with your hit-all wand shot. It's an interesting concept but like most others have mentioned, wands are typically used for weakness/shield busting or on rare occasions for the kill shot on an enemy that's down to 100 points or less.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Attacking all with a wand would be quite over-powered. You are describing something like a 3 or 4 pip spell, not a free wand hit.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2009
Unfortunately I side with everybody else that has spoken. A wand that could hit every enemy would destroy the traps that are up and possibly mass prisms. You'd have no reason to use it outside Wizard City and maybe Krokotopia. 500 damage for 1-2 pips does more damage than un-enchanted meteor strike. Heck, that's more than initial dragon attack(meaning before DoT kicks in). I only use my wand to remove weaknesses and shields. Now, maybe if theses wands had amazing stats I'd use them, but then EVERYBODY would have them in PvP. It's a great idea on paper, but when it's executed, it doesn't do very well.

Richard BattleStone lvl 98

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
Wand hits are meant to be free, that's the point of them...

If you want a spell that attacks all enemies, then every school has at least one, sometimes more.
Meteor Strike
Tempest
Forest Lord
Humongofrog
Frost Giant
Scarecrow
Ra

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I say keep damage like a regular wand but hit all it would hit all like Malistare bone dragon it would be weak like wand hit but hit all this would help with mobs opposite your school who shield I think it's a good idea just keep it at regular wand damage

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
Robobot1747 on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
I'll 3rd, 4th, 5th and 226th this sentiment