Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gold Limit

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
What purpose does the gold limit have? Does it bring depth to the game or something? Because I only see it as a hindrance, something that makes me fear having a lot of gold. I don't see the need for a gold limit, even if we don't lose gold if we're defeated. So does anyone know if there's a reason behind it? Do you agree or disagree with me?

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
i agree on my 6 wizards it is so easy to get gold it is untrue if they are all gardening at once. my first wizard has not got a lot of gold but easily can make it. they need to up the gold cap to 1 million or don't have one at all.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The only reason for the limit is to keep things reasonably priced in game terms. The ease with which gold is accquired would create the need for massive inflation of prices. By limiting the amounts held by anyone, it controls that inflation. I know some will say it's only a game, but it's still true in imaginary economic systems. Unlimited money supply leads to unlimited price inflation.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2013
seethe42 on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
The only reason for the limit is to keep things reasonably priced in game terms. The ease with which gold is accquired would create the need for massive inflation of prices. By limiting the amounts held by anyone, it controls that inflation. I know some will say it's only a game, but it's still true in imaginary economic systems. Unlimited money supply leads to unlimited price inflation.
^^^ truth.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Wouldn't it be awesome if...

...gold automatically transfer to other wizards on your account as you reached the maximum amount.

Hey, it's the holidays; you wish for what you want, and I'll wish for what I want ;P

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
seethe42 on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
Hm. Your explanation makes sense, but the limit could still be higher. Still, thanks.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
We need more gardening spells. They eat up gold in a hurry.

It's a tricky thing though, isn't it? Once you get to about level 60 you start to run out of things you buy with gold. Everything good is a drop or bought with Crowns. Other than gardening spells, the only thing many of us ever really need gold for is reagents and treasure cards that you're having a hard time finding for crafting recipes... and the crafting recipes themselves.

Gold piles up fast, and the next thing you know you can't sell all of the treasure cards, reagents, and pet snacks that prompt Mr. Argleston and Mr. Lincoln to warn you that you have too many of while harvesting your garden.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
I had to come here cause everything else is blocked -.- but do you know a way to get gold cause i'm in azteca and i'm only in austrilund and gold is a real struggle cause i am rarely online so i just need some help please.
Lail Frosteyes lvl 86