Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor Gear Drops

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
I am a bit annoyed at this, I have done this Darkmoor Dungeon several times now but have not aquired another piece of gear since my first run. My friends say many things from being the hitter, to tanking, and not fleeing and i have done them all. i see several people with most of the gear and they have only done the dungeon a phew times. Why is it I have done the dungeon several times and only got the boots. I would like to get drops as fast as my other friends or at least not have to fight a dungeon for over 3 hours. Anyone have a reason why this is?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
As long as you remain in the fight from the first defeat of Malistaire, drops are pure chance. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
Trust me, we all know how you feel about the gear. I've went through that dungeon too many times...(i lost count)...and I have yet to receive the Robes of Malistaire's Ire. I have everything else, just the robe is what I need. I haven't fled, or left a battle. It's frustrating...yes...but I know if I keep doing it...i just may get what I'm after....I hope

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
I know exactly how you feel. I made a post about this too, recently. It just isn't fair.

One of my friends in game, already has ALL of the gear within 20 runs.
Also, while I was farming Darkmoor, I met someone who got the Amulet of Divine Influence on her third try.
I wish KI would increase the drop rates.

On the bright side, they have increased the drop rate of Water Works gear (One of the best gear). I got the entire set on two runs. Before Morganthe, Darkmoor, and Hades, the Water Works gear was impossible to get.

I hate to say it, but the gear is based on luck. Although, KI should be more lenient towards the drop rates. What if it was them trying to get the gear, spending hours casting spells, and making strategies. It's not so nice.

One more problem I have is, how over powered the storm gear is! It's too much! Storm is meant to be 'power', not defense and accuracy! I hope KI fixes this. The wands are unfair too. All schools have the same critical and block, but different pierce? Ice is known to block, but storm has the same block as them? They definitely need to fix all of this and listen to their players.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2009
Same pain here
Took me like 10 tries and I got the Balance robe, still need hat boots wand and athame

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
eSnowFrost on Dec 14, 2014 wrote:
I know exactly how you feel. I made a post about this too, recently. It just isn't fair.

One of my friends in game, already has ALL of the gear within 20 runs.
Also, while I was farming Darkmoor, I met someone who got the Amulet of Divine Influence on her third try.
I wish KI would increase the drop rates.

On the bright side, they have increased the drop rate of Water Works gear (One of the best gear). I got the entire set on two runs. Before Morganthe, Darkmoor, and Hades, the Water Works gear was impossible to get.

I hate to say it, but the gear is based on luck. Although, KI should be more lenient towards the drop rates. What if it was them trying to get the gear, spending hours casting spells, and making strategies. It's not so nice.

One more problem I have is, how over powered the storm gear is! It's too much! Storm is meant to be 'power', not defense and accuracy! I hope KI fixes this. The wands are unfair too. All schools have the same critical and block, but different pierce? Ice is known to block, but storm has the same block as them? They definitely need to fix all of this and listen to their players.
Waterworks hasn't changed at all. It's just your luck.

Storm gear is fine. Storm has low health and resist, Ice has the most. All the schools get stronger as we level up.

I agree that Morganthe amulets should drop more. The secondary drops from high bosses could be better too. Why not offer some variation of good gears rather than junk that's everywhere?

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
The Drops are really good actually compared to older dungeons i hope the rates don't get touched.