Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 11-21-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! It's a particularly great Friday, so let's get to the feedback fun...

We've been working hard for many months on this update, and it's finally here! Hooray! So, the obvious question that we want to ask is this... what's your favorite part of the Four Dungeons update? You can see a link to all the details HERE.

Have a fantabulous weekend and I'll see you in the Spiral!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
Ooh I'd have to say, my favorite part of the update is Equipment Sets! I submitted the idea to Wizard101 Central on the forums a year or 2 back or so. Given that it took a long time for Castle Tours and Dungeon Recall to be formed, I'd say that my idea was taken into account :D

No longer do I have to hunt down the gear piece in my backpack, individually click on each equipment to equip it, and go looking for the next piece. Now with the press of a button, I can switch into energy gear and log off, easy as that :D

The whole update was amazing though, impeccable, beautiful, as perfect as can be. I must applause KI for this extraordinary update!

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
I'm an exalted death wizard and i have to say the dungeons are awesome but my favorite in terms of looks has to be shangri-baa i just love the pagoda and the snow just amazing but game play wise would have to be darkmoor it is hard granted but that's the Beauty of it and the new spells are amaze I've just got khruluh and it is so op and i have to say my least favorite is barkingham palace i dunno i never really liked marleybone and this just feels tacked on but overall really great update and the ending of darkmoor my word i nearly cried keep it up kingsisle!

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
The fact that the new myth spell is an A.O.E. We went way too long without getting a new one.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
My favorite part is Barkingham Palace quest lines. Wish there were more quests in this area to do too! Also like the furniture in the palace and hope that it becomes available as housing items.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i have a feeling that everyone knows what dr. von's favourite thing is. but, since prof. falmea asked... in mo particular order:

1) undead mally
2) the music
3) the new storm spell
4) the plot
5) batmanistaire
6) the gorgeous design
7) the cut-scene (oh god oh god all the feels)

*sticks heart in blender*

-von

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
Have only done the low level dungeon so far, but the thought of doing all these dungeons at some time soon is making me drool. Although listening to the comments about the last very hard dungeon may make me hesitate with that one. :) Awesome job, we need more dungeons like this that give us a good challenge.
One little complaint: are the keys rare drops? Have been through the level 25 on all 6 wizards several times and only 1 key so far. :( That's my only complaint, otherwise fantastic challenge for us all :)

Survivor
Oct 22, 2013
I honestly love Shangri-Baa, it has a very interesting storyline and a very atmospheric background! :)

Kenneth Lion 65

Kenneth Legend 16

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
I'm level 62 and the Marleybone dungeon really caught me off guard...that Chief Whip fellow seems way too strong for 40's. Kembaluung was fun and the tapestry was really cool

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I love the idea of the keys. I wish they dropped more! I do not however like the whole darkmoore area.. It could be nerfed down just a bit.. I haven't finished it but I did get my level 100 storm spell.. I hope we do not have to finish this place to get to the next worlds.....

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Definitely the drop rates. In my first run with Malistaire I got his top-tier Hood and Boots! Although it took 6 hours for that one dungeon, it was worth it! But the good drop rates would be useless without the awesome gear that he drops! KingsIsle, you did a great job on these dungeons!

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I love most everything about this update -- fantastic job! The most satisfying for me is the storyline closure with Malistaire. Wonderful ending.

Also worthy of high praise: equipment sets. Thanks so much!

Survivor
Jul 14, 2014
I loved shangra-baa wish we could have gone to town and bought some things for my ice character. Hope they expand that universe.

Historian
May 06, 2009
I think my Top 5 favorite parts of the update are...

1.) The ending of the Castle Darkmoor dungeon- Just...words cannot describe how awesome this ending is..(took 2 arcs and a revival to get here but it was worth it!)

2.) The beauty of the dungeons- They're all just fantastic and so colorful and well-designed. I think Kembaalung, Castle Darkmoor, and Upper Zigazag are my favorites. I like that Barkingham Palace puts a spin on the typical design of Marleybone as well as gives Marleybone something it never had: Fish! Also, kudos on breaking them up into 3 separate dungeons. I feel Aquila played apart in that set up, and I think it was a huge pay-off.

3.) The tied-up ends: I love that all 4 dungeons tie-up some loose ends that were sticking out in the game:
-Kembaalung addresses the second hidden shop that's been flooting over the Krokotopian shops since the start of the game
-Barkingham Palace is obvious
-Upper Zigazag continues the story in Briskbreeze Tower
-Castle Darkmoor completes the Malistaire Arc.

4.) The new Shadow-Enhanced spells: So much Shadow's going around, crazy. Shadow Self spells, Shadow Creatures, Shadow-Forged Weapons, and now these spells. But they're all amazing. I think the new backgrounds on some of them was really the icing on the Shadow-Enhanced cake.

5.) The activity expansions: Finally! I can see my Gardening level without running all the way to my house and, more fishies to catch! Plus I like the new game in Silver chests. I haven't tried it yet, but I like that it exists.

I think KI did an amazing job on this update and I can wait to see what they'll have blossom next time around!

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
Well, definitely the reference to the ''Dalai Lam'', 'twas a classic!

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
I love everything about the new update, Just wondering one thing.... Why did it take so long?

1) Member New Dances
2) Call of K. Is ugly as ever, but that is the beauty of Death Spell. And strangely I like it.

3) Storm spell is a bit OP, but who cares, I love it!

4) Finally get to set your SETs (op)

5) Dungeons are scary challenging, though I get through them. Almost full set just need boots and the wand. (Malistare Gear)

6) And I have to say I really love the plot, couldn't skip a thing.

7) 42 His new wand is amazing. (from new dungeon)
100 His wand and new gear looks amazing. (Malistare attire)

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
The update is cool, but you have a problem with the fishing part of it, took 30 tries to get a fish where before the update was catching a fish 8 out of 10 times.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
I absolutely love the whole Himalayas thing. I've always loved the Himalayas so it's pretty cool.

Bailey Skullvault Legendary Pyro

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
I love he new member dances! They are so funny!

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
I remember in test realm there was a free training points refund and it's isn't on live realm now. Was this feature taken down cause i spent so many training points on stupid spells :/

Administrator
ProAssassin78 on Nov 25, 2014 wrote:
I remember in test realm there was a free training points refund and it's isn't on live realm now. Was this feature taken down cause i spent so many training points on stupid spells :/
Hello,

That was a limited time Member benefit on the Test Realm. It is not currently in the live game, but it may make an appearance in the future. Keep an eye on the website for information about when limited time Member benefits are active.

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Professor Greyrose,

*castle darkmoore*

The icing on the cake for me is for the first time in wizard history there is a map that I can NOT solo on my death. A true solo, normal gear, no crown use no bottles etc... I have done Everything in the game except the last level 100 set.

I do solo farm the first boss the life one, even going second i have no trouble beating it farming for the gold skeleton keys :) I seriously doubt any other school can do that in normal gear no jade no crown help.

Go team death :-D

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Have very mixed feelings about the dungeons because they overall felt a little rushed and not well vetted for bugs and gameplay balance...

I have to say though, that my friend and I were super bowled over when we saw the Grenadiers in Barkingham Palace.

When they cast their spells, they actually TOSS GRENADES. :) Nice work!