Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle Darkmoor Nerf!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
Alex Stormlight on Nov 29, 2014 wrote:
Do your realize its possible to defeat Shane Von Shane in 2 rounds. My specially prepared team did exactly that. To be honest. Shane Von Shane seriously needs to work on his battle skills.
Whether or not he realized that was possible, it is overly obvious that he doesn't have your "specially prepared team" to run with. So naturally, it means nothing to him that Shane can be killed so fast. In case you hadn't already realized it yourself, not everyone is exactly like you.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Hello Everyone,
I can see both sides of this argument, the hardcore players want to be challenged, the casual player and kids want something a little easier so I've come up with a nerf that may (hopefully) appeal to everyone. I've played darkmoor with my storm wiz and balance. It took a lot of fleeing but finally my storm wiz and my team beat Sir Blackmoor. My balance wiz team gave up after a few hours so I still have to try and conquer that.
Here is my nerf idea;
Why not make the dungeons slightly easier each ttime you or a team member are defeated? I don't mean the whole team but when one member is defeated and has to flle and port back. Making the dungeon easier could involve things like:
Reducing the boss cheat by one
Stop boss or mins stealing shields/bades
Increasing the reduced amount of reduced shield pierce
Causing boss and mins to fizzle more.
There are really hundreds of ways that KI can nerf the dungeons in a very subtle way that won't upset the hard gamers and would please the casual players.
KI did this with Azteca and my fire wiz still finds it a challenge but workable. I hope KI may consider these options and I'd love to hear others thoughts
Best Wishes
James Dreamweaver Exhalted
Michael Stormhammer Exhalted

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I've tried Darkmoor, though not with a full team. it is difficult for most wizards, or else there wouldnt be soo much backlash about it. Those who have mastered the 3-4 round kill, great! Awesome job! Just understand that 85% of your peers arent like that.. I'm all for a challenge, but I think it's ridiculous to have soo many cheats in a dungeon, one after the other. It's as if Kingsisle no longer can think of the game, in terms of fairness, without an overwhelming brute force attack stance. What's the next world's boss going to be? L100 Elite boss, 2,000,000,000 health? Mastery of all schools? cheats 6 times per round? his cheats triggering more of his own cheats? Dispelling all but one school every round as a cheat? No, they're getting out of control. I VERY MUCH enjoy this game, and I AM glad to see they're catering towards the die hards. I enjoy a challenge myself.

My BIG problem is, for those without the massive connections or ability to dedicate the time or find the people knowledgeable in the dungeon, to have to TRY to do this, in a reasonable amount of time (for them, not you), and still finding it enjoyable. yes, we get this killer spell, and some great gear, but if we look at KI's past, this new spell will be REQUIRED to get in order to get the next spell.... at least, that's how they've been doing things for a long time now. All Im saying is that, people are really upset because we see KI's strategy from the past, and if this continues forward, MANY players will no longer be able to get newer spells.

This dungeon, is EXACTLY why people want scalable difficulty like in another, quite famous RPG. The easy mode would have the "worst" gear but easiest fights, the hell difficulty would have the hardest bosses and best gear. Remember, just because YOU can do it, doesnt mean everybody else can, and if this is catered towards the elite, then this spell BETTER NOT be required for another one down the line

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
I like the challenge all are doable although the Boss pierce eliminates Jade. My only real complaint is (Mali) gear drop have beat him 16 times now had to flee and return and not flee on any given occasion only received low level gear that could have got in 1st dungeon which is a touch annoying but the most annoying part is the low level gear that i did get was doubled 1 run 2 low daggers, another run 2 low rings and so on. While others in party received 2 Mali pieces now not sure if it is because i'm the tank/healer and balance at that and not a life healer. But with time involved in these dungeons would like to see more diversity in the drops if only gonna get 2 lower level pieces dropped can they at least be different.

ty
Valkoor Hexweilder lvl 100 Balance

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Firefister420 on Nov 30, 2014 wrote:
Whether or not he realized that was possible, it is overly obvious that he doesn't have your "specially prepared team" to run with. So naturally, it means nothing to him that Shane can be killed so fast. In case you hadn't already realized it yourself, not everyone is exactly like you.
Not only am I happy with the difficulty of the dungeon. I hope to see dungeons much more difficult than it coming up very soon. It is a very full filling feeling to get through some of the toughest dungeons. Let me tell you the truth. Its a level 100 dungeon; Probably a precursor to the new world and this dungeon will probably be so easy 50 levels from now just like waterworks now is.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Andrew HawkBlade on Nov 30, 2014 wrote:
It doesn't take 12 it can take about 3 surely people can do it at the weekend?
maybe people who have an endless list of skilled friends, never get quit on, and have no offline lives.

i play only on weekends; i simply don't have the time required to quest on weeknights, because finding a team takes up more than half of my playable time; the other half consists of making it past the first battle, failing at shane repeatedly, then getting quit on... rinse and repeat, ad nauseum.

on friday night, i started the dungeon with 3 friends at 7pm my time... i finished it on saturday morning at 6am my time.

half the party quit during the battle with haunted malistaire. any normal person would have given up at that point, but my last teammate and i looked at each other and said, 'we didn't come all this way for nothing. give 'er.'

one of my exalted wizards (balance) has a full set of gear from her first run, but it's a major downgrade from waterworks. and, since i only have a week left in the spiral, i doubt i will ever see any of it.

-von

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Alex Stormlight on Nov 29, 2014 wrote:
Do your realize its possible to defeat Shane Von Shane in 2 rounds. My specially prepared team did exactly that. To be honest. Shane Von Shane seriously needs to work on his battle skills.
Not every player can assemble a special team of elite players. I have always argued on the side of difficulty before. All the previous content in the game, even the most difficult instances, CAN be done solo by an experienced wizard. These cannot. They could be done by a moderately experienced player with the use of crown henchmen. These cannot be done by an experienced wizard with henchmen even. The cheats should be scaled back some. Bosses should not be casting 3 free spells every round. Pet casts should not trigger attack cheats. I'm not saying make it easy, but at lest make it POSSIBLE. Scale the cheats or enemies for 1, 2, 3-4 wizards at least.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2012
I feel it's rather easy and I have really bad gear, and average pet, and decently reliable friends. All my runs have been under the team up feature. I have had some fantastic runs and some average. As long as you have someone with high outgoing heal you're good. Jade gear is pretty useless because of high pierce. As long as you know your role in your team and work together, you're good.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
Corwin F on Nov 29, 2014 wrote:
Did I miss it or no one talked about the cheat behavior with pets?
The cheats react to pet actions in these dungeons!
I thought that would be THE big discussion instead of asking to lower the difficulty :
as it was already said, these dungeons are optionnal, they are a challenge like Elephant Tower and Waterworks were in their time...
and actually, I still think Elephant Tower is the hardest dungeon of the Spiral if you do it at level 60 ;+P

So, about this insane pet thing...
It looks like a bug and I hope it'll be fixed (we already saw that for example with the Squid in Atlantea : Earthquakes each time a pet healed, that was crazy, lol, but luckily fixed after a while).

I'm not whining because I could do these dungeons anyway, I had a lot of fun and will do them again (and again... ;+)
Though, I have several pets on each wizard and could choose the better ones depending on the kind of fights.
But that's not the case for most players who just have one good pet (and sometimes not even a very good one, even at level 100).

Try Shane with a May Cast Sprite or Fairy, he casts a cheating Vampire that does often more than 1000 damage to regular wizards and that can be dangerous for tank wizards too if the fight is too long...
I saw wizards killed this way, thanks to their healing pets, lol!
Another example, Malistaire steals Tower Shields from Guardian Wall pets (and probably the blades from May Cast Balance or Dragon blades), pretty not handy, eh, eh.
It really feels wrong as we can't control pets actions and, after sometimes months of pet improvement, being killed by an obviously good pet that tried to heal, you just want to trash it, lol.

Although, the outrageous good spells and gear we can get in Darkmoor can explain that cheat madness ;+P
I just hope, seen pet actions by cheats, won't start to be a standard in the next worlds, we would really have to trash our pets to create new ones ;+S
Still no one talking about cheats seeing pet actions? (did you actually tried these dungeons? lol ;+)
Because that's the obvious way to nerf these dungeons and it would make sense that, like in any other Spiral dungeon, the bosses don't react to pet casting heals, Tower Shield, etc.
;+P

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
HIgh Pierce...lol

I go in IMMUNE (104% defense) to schools and get hit for the exact same amount of damage as my partner with 25% resist...

That means the pierce is over 104 %

I'm not sure if that's a "Glitch"... but it sure makes the run painful for me...lol

Von, I"ll run Darkmoor with you, just let me know when

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Dr Von on Dec 1, 2014 wrote:
maybe people who have an endless list of skilled friends, never get quit on, and have no offline lives.

i play only on weekends; i simply don't have the time required to quest on weeknights, because finding a team takes up more than half of my playable time; the other half consists of making it past the first battle, failing at shane repeatedly, then getting quit on... rinse and repeat, ad nauseum.

on friday night, i started the dungeon with 3 friends at 7pm my time... i finished it on saturday morning at 6am my time.

half the party quit during the battle with haunted malistaire. any normal person would have given up at that point, but my last teammate and i looked at each other and said, 'we didn't come all this way for nothing. give 'er.'

one of my exalted wizards (balance) has a full set of gear from her first run, but it's a major downgrade from waterworks. and, since i only have a week left in the spiral, i doubt i will ever see any of it.

-von
I totally agree Von
I just spent three gruelling hours with a team to defeat Spirit Of Darkmoor. I lost count of the amount of time we all died and had to flee, finally when she was defeated I got an athame that wasn't even half as good as the one I had equipt and a reagent and pet snack. I've only gotten one piece of gear. Then we went on to try Shane Von Shane, What a joke you get hit with a spell that beguiles you, then he life steals and uses the new death spell, oh and while this is going on you get hit with mins too. After another two hours of changing tactics (none of which worked) I said ENOUGH, it was 3.10AM in the morning here and the whole thing was not enjoyable in the slightest. I was playing alongside two very powerful ice wizards and a storm, if they were struggling what sort of chance does a balance wiz with middle of the road spells have? What angers me is that the bosses have multiple cheats and fending them off means you spend more time trying to stay alive or healing your teammates. Let's not forget that they have also weakened the players by causing blades traps or heals to trigger a cheat. We may as well hit them with a wooden stick. I enjoy a challenge and the opportunity to play alongside some top grade wizards but after this experience I don't think I'll bother trying to get my new spell and if it's something that's crucial for the new realm then I'll just have to stay back home at Ravenwood.
James Dreamweaver Exhalted

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I do think that a challenge is fine but it feels like they cranked the cheats up to 11 when an 8 or 9 would have been fine. For example the fact that almost every boss in there has a cheat that sets up a bubble, blade, aura, followed by one of the new insane shadow spell all in one round(i cant count how many times i've been killed/almost killed by that). Or that crazy pierce that requires 3 different shields and a full pip absorb just to keep from dying. Why make every pet I own a determent by causing them to activate cheats TnT.

Lower the pierce, stop making my pet activate cheats, and cool it with the one round perfect set up that It would take a regular player 3 or 4 rounds to pull off.

I swear every time we have to go fight Malistare in this game we always have to go through tartarus and back to reach him. We had that whole tower of pain in dragonspye, the sorrow of xibalba, and now the woes of darkmoor. Just come out and face us you over dramatic drama king! The only bright side is that he finally goes away for good about time!

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
seethe42 on Dec 1, 2014 wrote:
Not every player can assemble a special team of elite players. I have always argued on the side of difficulty before. All the previous content in the game, even the most difficult instances, CAN be done solo by an experienced wizard. These cannot. They could be done by a moderately experienced player with the use of crown henchmen. These cannot be done by an experienced wizard with henchmen even. The cheats should be scaled back some. Bosses should not be casting 3 free spells every round. Pet casts should not trigger attack cheats. I'm not saying make it easy, but at lest make it POSSIBLE. Scale the cheats or enemies for 1, 2, 3-4 wizards at least.
People are complaining because they are not used to this difficulty. Here is a few things I will address:

1. "The pierce is too high it should be lowered"

To be honest. I was wondering when they were going to start adding pierce to bosses. Some players were just immuning up and getting a free pass through each dungeon. Now just imagine this: An ice wizard101 with about 90 percent global resist about 5800 health whopping critical block great and great healing who then uses fortify and then blades up through dungeons. Can be nearly impossible for bosses to stop.

2. "The dungeon takes way too long. It should be shortened."

I find this to be completely absurd. Wanna know why? Because chances are if you are level 100 you have probably had to play the game hours and hours and hours and hours to get where you are. If anyone is does not have time for the dungeon. Its very simple. They should not be playing or manage their time very carefully. Video games are not everything. There are more important things to be doing. Lets not forget the dungeon is separated into sections.

AND

This dungeon can be completed in less than an hour if you have the right team and strategy. FIND THE RIGHT TEAM and strategy. Its not impossible.

3. Removing cheats on pet heals.

Like number 1. I was wondering why they were going to have something like this. Lets not forget that a bunch of bosses do allow this in that dungeon. Its a castle of death and dark ness. I would not expect them to like healing.

4. Good teams are hard to find.

No they aren't. This is one of those claims that people like to make when they want the good things in life within having to do the tough work to get them. Castle Dark Moor is swamped with people! Key thing is to know what you need your team to do and what school, stats, tc and spells going in. You absolutely DO NOT need crowns henchmen either. A life wizard is much better.

5. Castle Dark Moor is Impossible to do.

If anyone says that Castle Darkmoor is impossible to do they might as well still be a level 30 wizard. The FACT is that I am seeing many many of my friends get this dungeon done and many have all the gear. Some of my friends don't even have much time to be on here.
------------------------------

Nobody should be complaining about this dungeon. Ya know what I find sad. I have only heard less than a handful of people thanking KingIsle for the great job they did on Castle Darkmoor Story mode and for the opportunity to get some of the new good gear, but instead everyone is out here complaining about the difficulty of such a dungeon which so many are getting done. I will say it again:

I hope they if KingIsle does nerf this dungeon the drop rates are also lowered. They should due to the long list of people they fail to develop the skills to get the dungeon done.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2012
I agree it's ridiculously difficult. I am an adult and have been playing about a year, I have a max fire and almost max (95) storm. The first time I went in I was with four, two of whom had been working in the test and knew what they were doing. Each and every room has specific rules - and if you don't know them you're doomed. (That's actually why I'm here today, I went online to try and get some help but am finding nothing). A kid I know is in there right now so I'm trying to find out the rules to help him because they are so frustrated and can't find anything for him. He says everyone keeps dying. How are we supposed to know what to do in there?! After I went in, about 4 hours later one of the test people finally gave up, then the other one did; it was down to me and one other wiz and there was no way the two of us were going to win it so we gave up. I have several adult friends and none of them will even go in there it's so ridiculous. Not fun and a huge waste of time. Who can commit to 4-6 hours in a dungeon, esp when you're probably not going to make it anyway?

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Alex Stormlight on Dec 4, 2014 wrote:
People are complaining because they are not used to this difficulty. Here is a few things I will address:

To be honest. I was wondering when they were going to start adding pierce to bosses. Some players were just immuning up and getting a free pass through each dungeon. Now just imagine this: An ice wizard101 with about 90 percent global resist about 5800 health whopping critical block great and great healing who then uses fortify and then blades up through dungeons. Can be nearly impossible for bosses to stop.

I find this to be completely absurd. Wanna know why? Because chances are if you are level 100 you have probably had to play the game hours and hours and hours and hours to get where you are. If anyone is does not have time for the dungeon. Its very simple. They should not be playing or manage their time very carefully. Video games are not everything. There are more important things to be doing. Lets not forget the dungeon is separated into sections.

AND

This dungeon can be completed in less than an hour if you have the right team and strategy. FIND THE RIGHT TEAM and strategy. Its not impossible.

Like number 1. I was wondering why they were going to have something like this. Lets not forget that a bunch of bosses do allow this in that dungeon. Its a castle of death and dark ness. I would not expect them to like healing.

No they aren't. This is one of those claims that people like to make when they want the good things in life within having to do the tough work to get them. Castle Dark Moor is swamped with people! Key thing is to know what you need your team to do and what school, stats, tc and spells going in. You absolutely DO NOT need crowns henchmen either. A life wizard is much better.

If anyone says that Castle Darkmoor is impossible to do they might as well still be a level 30 wizard. The FACT is that I am seeing many many of my friends get this dungeon done and many have all the gear. Some of my friends don't even have much time to be on here.

Nobody should be complaining about this dungeon. Ya know what I find sad. I have only heard less than a handful of people thanking KingIsle for the great job they did on Castle Darkmoor Story mode and for the opportunity to get some of the new good gear, but instead everyone is out here complaining about the difficulty of such a dungeon which so many are getting done. I will say it again:

I hope they if KingIsle does nerf this dungeon the drop rates are also lowered. They should due to the long list of people they fail to develop the skills to get the dungeon done.

What gives you the authority to determine other people's skill level without ever seeing them play?

This dungeon can be completed in less than an hour if you have the right team and strategy. FIND THE RIGHT TEAM and strategy.

Your attitude is a perfect example of why most people CAN'T find the right team and strategy. I used to have teams I could do dungeons like this with. Over time many players I played with have developed a similar attitude. They had way more time to invest in the game than many of us, and they found others who also had that kind of time. Over the course of the last year, they've either drove friends away with their elitest attitude, or they've outright abandoned them.

Those of us left can't always assemble at the same time, so no, finding the right team is not as simple as you make it out to be.

These dungeons are creating classes. There are those who consider themselves elite for no reason other than they have more resources and opportunity to do something than someone else may have. Just because you have an easy time assembling a good group at any given time, it doesn't mean those who don't are lazy or unskilled.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Alex Stormlight on Dec 4, 2014 wrote:

AND

4. Just because you happen to play at times when something is swamped with people to team up, doesn't make that the case for everyone. Great for you, but not everyone plays at the same times or lives in the same time zone as you. You claim it's not hard to find a team, yet you state that this dungeon is simple if you have a specially designed team with the right gear and deck setup. So which is it? You need a special team of friends like you have, or you can just team up with all the people hanging out waiting for a team up? I personally don't see these swamps of people hanging around like you do.

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
FionaFirepyre on Dec 4, 2014 wrote:
I agree it's ridiculously difficult. I am an adult and have been playing about a year, I have a max fire and almost max (95) storm. The first time I went in I was with four, two of whom had been working in the test and knew what they were doing. Each and every room has specific rules - and if you don't know them you're doomed. (That's actually why I'm here today, I went online to try and get some help but am finding nothing). A kid I know is in there right now so I'm trying to find out the rules to help him because they are so frustrated and can't find anything for him. He says everyone keeps dying. How are we supposed to know what to do in there?! After I went in, about 4 hours later one of the test people finally gave up, then the other one did; it was down to me and one other wiz and there was no way the two of us were going to win it so we gave up. I have several adult friends and none of them will even go in there it's so ridiculous. Not fun and a huge waste of time. Who can commit to 4-6 hours in a dungeon, esp when you're probably not going to make it anyway?
The dungeon is fine the way it is.
I was able to do it with only 3 people.
1 life, 1 fire, 1 death. Was hard, but not impossible. Just need to learn how to play.
Oh and one hint.
Forget about all previous wizard101 bosses. This one is different and the only way to defeat him is to adjust to the new play style.
Nicholas Star

Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
I have read all the posts here and its interesting to see the sides of all of this. I want to thank KI for making the drops pretty much school specific and more available than Morganthe battles. I want to comment first on the ability of the players who make it to exalted level. I consider myself a fair player only. I love the challenge of dungeons, but I have to agree about the time involved. I have heard people talking in darkmoor courtyard about getting the battle done in record time. Since I don't have a lot of online friends in Wizards I tend to get on Teamup, which is a disaster most times. The players who think they are so great will say ugh and leave. I have seen so much rudeness to life wizards because the players die etc. I have learned for me to wear my critical gear instead of jade works better for me because I heal much higher. I still heal
but at higher levels now. The battle that is insane for random players is the second battle with Von guy. I do agree for the average player this battle is insane. I would suggest that the last three battles be given doors to each battle like Morganthe. Make the drops for the Von insane battle much better making people have to play it more than one time if they want that particular drop. This would make the battle not go on so long for
people who can not sit at a computer for long time. Of course the guilds, clans, and expert pvp players can run through these with skilled teams. The average player does not have that option.

Last night I took my life and fire wizards together into Malistaire area with a death and storm. We did pretty well in general, but took a long time. In the first part of the Mali battle I asked the death did he
have the doom circle ready and for almost ten minutes he didn't reply. Finally he answered and said
oh I forgot to put it in. I would have left game and returned with one. Instead he was talking to his
gf on social media. We had to hit or all die. Of course the game then became 99,999!

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
"What gives you the authority to determine other people's skill level without ever seeing them play?"
Its not "authority". Its just my opinion. No offense to anyone, but I feel my opinion is relatively accurate. I am just a player like anyone else with a take on things. I see some people who get that dungeon done who do not have have much time and skills to be playing well, but then I see some people go through that dungeon with all the best gear get defeated repeatedly and then complain continuously about how overpower that dungeon is and I personally find it sickening. I was taught that whenever an obstacle present itself in your way, you do not wimper about the reality of it, you do all you can in your might to overcome and then the feeling overcoming the odds is the greatest feeling ever. Here is what I think should be done:
I think King Isle Should release new gear soon or later in a new world maybe new spells and things that will make players so powerful they will be able to trump those dungeons like it was nothing.

"4. Just because you happen to play at times when something is swamped with people to team up, doesn't make that the case for everyone. Great for you, but not everyone plays at the same times or lives in the same time zone as you. "

Once again. Anyone with a level 100 character who must have been days of playing into their character and completed many hour long dungeons certainly should be able to put some time aside for these dungeons and remember(they are in sections) AND you don't even need to finish them all to get ones spell.

"You claim it's not hard to find a team, yet you state that this dungeon is simple if you have a specially designed team with the right gear and deck setup."

The dungeon not easy and next to impossible for those that are not skilled enough, but at level 100, shouldn't everyone have had plenty of time to practice?

"I personally don't see these swamps of people hanging around like you do."

My advice would be to look in the busiest realms.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Intrepidatius on Nov 28, 2014 wrote:
All mmorpg's face this issue, and here is what DDO did to address it, and they have had huge success with it: Install a difficulty meter for dungeons<novice, casual ,average, hardcore ,insane,>. This allows all play styles to do the dungeon at their preferred level of difficulty. *** Note- while most of the the same gear is available at the same drop rate as the other dungeons, it will be a slightly less boosted version of the higher difficulty dungeons. A few incredibly rare/epic items can only be attained at the hardcore/insane levels.***
This method is the best compromise I have seen for everyone. It allows the younger/novice skilled players to play and get the drops, and it allows the more skillful players a better reward for their efforts. I realize no method is perfect, and will assuage everyone, but this is the closest I have seen.

Oh yes yes yes! I would also love options for solo players... My husband hates grouping. I tell him it is just because he got into bad groups, but he solos everything with use of crowns. (glad they go on sale). This idea is a huge WIN!

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
OK..... So when this went live I about lost it and rage quit.. It was very very hard and there were no guides to it. Also people would join using the 'team up' button, you would get 4 and go in.. then they would decide this isn't the right team and walk out, leaving the other ones to try it on their own or walk out and BOOM you have to wait 3 minutes to join team again. Please remove that timer (begs)

Well about a week into it being in the live realms I was able to join a team that the 3 of them had been thru it quite a few times and they allowed me to join. (yay) I was able to run all they way thru and get my shadow spell (<3 it) and I got some great gear from mali.. As a side effect all 3 of those guys are on my friends list and my friends list keeps growing because now I love farming the first part of darkmoore and I enjoy helping others out.

That being said, it was very hard to do with out the 'right' team... People become snobs and only will let players who have the right gear and spells to join them... It can be very fustrating to people. We come here to have fun and sometimes it doesn't feel all that fun. If you see me hanging around the darkmoore entrence I would be more than happy to join your group.

Alyssa Sparkleslinger

Survivor
Nov 11, 2009
I completely agree. Malistaire should just be able to be fought directly, like with Morganthe. No reason to spend hours and hours on the bosses before. Very frustrating to have to many people give up on it half way through.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Alex Stormlight on Dec 5, 2014 wrote:
"What gives you the authority to determine other people's skill level without ever seeing them play?"
Its not "authority". Its just my opinion. No offense to anyone, but I feel my opinion is relatively accurate. I am just a player like anyone else with a take on things. I see some people who get that dungeon done who do not have have much time and skills to be playing well, but then I see some people go through that dungeon with all the best gear get defeated repeatedly and then complain continuously about how overpower that dungeon is and I personally find it sickening. I was taught that whenever an obstacle present itself in your way, you do not wimper about the reality of it, you do all you can in your might to overcome and then the feeling overcoming the odds is the greatest feeling ever. Here is what I think should be done:
I think King Isle Should release new gear soon or later in a new world maybe new spells and things that will make players so powerful they will be able to trump those dungeons like it was nothing.

"4. Just because you happen to play at times when something is swamped with people to team up, doesn't make that the case for everyone. Great for you, but not everyone plays at the same times or lives in the same time zone as you. "

Once again. Anyone with a level 100 character who must have been days of playing into their character and completed many hour long dungeons certainly should be able to put some time aside for these dungeons and remember(they are in sections) AND you don't even need to finish them all to get ones spell.

"You claim it's not hard to find a team, yet you state that this dungeon is simple if you have a specially designed team with the right gear and deck setup."

The dungeon not easy and next to impossible for those that are not skilled enough, but at level 100, shouldn't everyone have had plenty of time to practice?

"I personally don't see these swamps of people hanging around like you do."

My advice would be to look in the busiest realms.
I was taught that whenever an obstacle present itself in your way, you do not wimper about the reality of it, you do all you can in your might to overcome

But you're not soloing these dungeons are you? Some people may as well be if they don't have the opportunity to go in with a really good team. They're running through with people they don't know, people that haven't worked with, and they may not fully understand what they're coming up against.

I give those people a lot of credit because I have troubles doing it myself. It's not like the days of old when you didn't have cheating bosses... where you just went in and had fun. You could have a player make a mistake here or there and everybody could just laugh about it.

That's why I take a certain degree of offence when you challenge the skill of other players. There are a lot of skilled players out there who will struggle with this for no other reason than they don't have the same resources you may have by way of knowledge of the dungeon or a team they can trust. And furthermore, others may be able to become skilled players if others had the patience to work with them to help them.

I know there are a lot of helpful people out there, but like I said before, so many others are developing a poor attitude. And even I have to admit that I am among that group. I try hard to fight it, but I'm so frustrated with how far behind in progress I feel I am that I find myself neglecting my responsibility to help others while I try to get to where I believe I should be. The PvE aspect of the game is becoming as competitive as PvP, and people are being left behind. The family environment is gradually slipping away, and that's disappointing.

Ultimately I think that's what most people are standing up for when they voice these kinds of concerns. It's less about what they're unable to accomplish, and more about what makes it difficult for them and others to feel like they're a part of the greater Wizard101 community.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
"That's why I take a certain degree of offence when you challenge the skill of other players."

50 levels from now people will probably be so powerful they will be able to come back to this dungeon and do it like itsa piece of cake. In the meantime, Malistair has a deadly challenge for us

Survivor
Oct 25, 2012
I agree. These dungeons are insanely hard. While very doable with the right group as others have pointed out, your average gamer doesn't have access to perfect pets, and the right dungeon buddies.

On top of that, there is absolutely no fun to be had, even if you do win. Everyone dieing a million times and coming back from unfair cheats makes it tedious and silly.

I feel like the cheats need to be lowered, or at least eased up. Tatarus was the perfect amount of difficulty.