Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storm school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2012
this game is really hard for a storm player we already have little block and not much life and other schools have allot of block and even more critical and damage it seems as if storm is not the most powerful hitting school and now the new shadow spells our attack damage is 1120 and fires is 1100- 1300... how can we be the strongest hitting school if we have less attack power and everyone gets better block and resist... this game i find is unfair to a storm player we have no advantage what so ever....

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
actually storm is the strongest hitting school its just the matter of what gear you have. my storm is level 77 and he has nearly a hundred attack and almost 300 critical. it maybe true that we don't get a lot of resist health or block but the damage makes up for that low resist health and block is what storm is known for. every school has its draw backs like ice has tons of resist and health and block but there low attack counters it. every school has its pros and cons. just stay strong :3

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
annikinskywalker05... on Nov 14, 2014 wrote:
this game is really hard for a storm player we already have little block and not much life and other schools have allot of block and even more critical and damage it seems as if storm is not the most powerful hitting school and now the new shadow spells our attack damage is 1120 and fires is 1100- 1300... how can we be the strongest hitting school if we have less attack power and everyone gets better block and resist... this game i find is unfair to a storm player we have no advantage what so ever....
as the proud owner of an exalted storm wizard (who, by the way, has +92% to damage, as well as 40 universal resist and over 200 block) i agree with archmage myth: it's all about the gear, but we all have to make some sacrifices as well.

yes, storm is the proverbial glass cannon: go big, and ohko a boss with 5000 health, or fizzle and "go home" to the commons.... big damage, very little defense. but there's no reason that you have to fit into that little box.

as a solo player, i needed all of my wizards to be self-sustaining in combat. so i decided to forgo critical and went for big defensive stats instead. i mixed and matched gear (crafted, dropped, packs, bazaar) until i found a setup that worked; i also hatched a lot, in pursuit of a pet that would boost her stats. and it has served me well.

ps: fire's shadow spell has more damage because it is a single hit, where as storm's hits all. that has always been the case, in that single spells do more damage than aoe (area of effect) spells (because aoe spells have a higher combined damage).

hope this helps, sort of.

-von
exalted

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
Really I was thinking we should increase storm's health base for each player at least 15% for players lower than lvl 25 and 25- 55 at least 10% storm players 55 and over 5% to their base. But storm does get most crit

Defender
May 09, 2010
Well, you gotta choose what school suites your play style the best. For soloing, I think Ice or Life or Death are the most adept.