Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

grumpy gobblers is still way too slow

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 30, 2011
the game is so slow. you could speed the animations up to three times what it is right now and it would still be perfectly playable.

this is my favorite game, just so you know. but below is a list of things that make it mind-numbingly slow, and they're all pretty easy to fix.

you have to start every game with a panning camera instead of cannon cam. so you lose a few seconds to click the cannon cam every time. you should just start with cannon view.

the power meter increases too slowly. frankly, the game is easiest when you use top power, so you have to wait another few seconds powering up to full. that should be faster.

by that same token, aiming could be faster too.

flying across the maps is slow. speed the flight up at least three times what it is now. in case you forgot, YOU JUST SHOT A PET OUT OF A CANNON, yet it feels like you're watching a day-old helium balloon fall to the floor.

blocks fall slowly. THEY JUST GOT HIT WITH A MAGICAL PET PROJECTILE. they should scatter like rocket confetti.

and there's this weird 5 second period of nothingness after you knock everything out before you get to feed your pet. that's completely unnecessary. get rid of it.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Brahm Bright on Nov 11, 2014 wrote:
the game is so slow. you could speed the animations up to three times what it is right now and it would still be perfectly playable.

this is my favorite game, just so you know. but below is a list of things that make it mind-numbingly slow, and they're all pretty easy to fix.

you have to start every game with a panning camera instead of cannon cam. so you lose a few seconds to click the cannon cam every time. you should just start with cannon view.

the power meter increases too slowly. frankly, the game is easiest when you use top power, so you have to wait another few seconds powering up to full. that should be faster.

by that same token, aiming could be faster too.

flying across the maps is slow. speed the flight up at least three times what it is now. in case you forgot, YOU JUST SHOT A PET OUT OF A CANNON, yet it feels like you're watching a day-old helium balloon fall to the floor.

blocks fall slowly. THEY JUST GOT HIT WITH A MAGICAL PET PROJECTILE. they should scatter like rocket confetti.

and there's this weird 5 second period of nothingness after you knock everything out before you get to feed your pet. that's completely unnecessary. get rid of it.
You don't have to start each game with a panning shot... use the button to stop it.
The power meter is fine.

I honestly don't see any issues with this game, which I play almost exclusively for most pets: I have no 'weird period of nothingness' or anything you have listed here. My game works fine without lags like this.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2011
RavenLady777 on Nov 12, 2014 wrote:
You don't have to start each game with a panning shot... use the button to stop it.
The power meter is fine.

I honestly don't see any issues with this game, which I play almost exclusively for most pets: I have no 'weird period of nothingness' or anything you have listed here. My game works fine without lags like this.
i'm not talking about bugs, i'm not talking about lag, i'm talking about one simple thing: given the choice, which would you rather have, 20 seconds of game, or 60? because it takes 60 now, and i have indicated all the time drains above. it could take 20 and the game would be perfectly playable.

the game was just programmed to a speed that is too slow. it's boring watching your seconds flit away while nothing is happening. if the developers speed it up, you can play more games in less time, no waiting, more fun, all the things. and, you still get to play the best game in the pet pavilion.

all this is a big, big deal when you're training to mega. i listed a ton of reasons why the game has room to improve, and i'm frustrated with it.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Brahm Bright on Nov 12, 2014 wrote:
i'm not talking about bugs, i'm not talking about lag, i'm talking about one simple thing: given the choice, which would you rather have, 20 seconds of game, or 60? because it takes 60 now, and i have indicated all the time drains above. it could take 20 and the game would be perfectly playable.

the game was just programmed to a speed that is too slow. it's boring watching your seconds flit away while nothing is happening. if the developers speed it up, you can play more games in less time, no waiting, more fun, all the things. and, you still get to play the best game in the pet pavilion.

all this is a big, big deal when you're training to mega. i listed a ton of reasons why the game has room to improve, and i'm frustrated with it.
Right now it takes about 20 seconds, not 60 secconds, so I don't see the problem. I've trained at least 100 pets to mega and I always use GG because it's fast and only takes 1-2 shots to clear.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2013
I definitely agree that GG is too slow, for all the reasons noted. For that matter, so is the Dance Game--I don't play any other games, so can't address them. I always fantasize that there could be a "speed-o-meter", that would allow the player to speed up or slow down the game speed at will. That way, those players who would like the game slower, could slow it down, and the "speed demons" could rev it way up! Now THAT would be fun!

Survivor
Oct 30, 2011
2Chihuahuas on Nov 15, 2014 wrote:
I definitely agree that GG is too slow, for all the reasons noted. For that matter, so is the Dance Game--I don't play any other games, so can't address them. I always fantasize that there could be a "speed-o-meter", that would allow the player to speed up or slow down the game speed at will. That way, those players who would like the game slower, could slow it down, and the "speed demons" could rev it way up! Now THAT would be fun!
thank you. i knew i wasn't crazy. it just comes down to which would you rather have, a longer game or a shorter game? and go ahead and multiply your answer by a few hundred if you're going to send 100 pets to mega. smart money is on the shorter game.