Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Single Account Shared Housing.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
Hey guys, ya know I've bought a few bundle packs. I have the massive fantasy palace, the sultan's palace, the safari palace, and the winter winds tower. The thing is though, I don't really use the wizards that have them very often, and even more seldom do I actually go to the houses. I was hoping maybe an implemented shared house. Now, I know some it would be relatively unfair on some aspects. Farming, special housing items that can't be traded, stuff like that. I was thinking though that with the implementation of a shared housing system, you can select a single house, just one, and it can be shared housing. It would take up one slot, like a normal house, but it would be accessed by all wizards that have it as a shared house. If you garden, only the wizard that initially planted it all, would be able to see the plants. (I say see because there could be some potential confusion as to which wizard planted them if all could see them...... For instance I'd be stupid, forget which wizard planted the couch potatoes, and then spend 15 pet energy on all my wizards to remove some pests until I find the right wizard that planted them.) This would remove the ability for a wizard to have no planting skills yet still harvest the plants. Housing items that are no trade, if there are any, can only be picked up by the wizard that set them. If a wizard tries to pick up an item but they are not the one who set it down, could receive a popup saying what wizard placed it there and giving a yes or no to pick it up, with an option to never see that popup again. (The message would read as such. (Using my wizard as an example. "Antonio Titanshield set this item, would you still like to pick it up. Yes. No.") The only other issue I could think would need to be resolved is this, how exactly would the wizard access the option to convert a house, what about non-bundle pack houses, and how many wizards on your account can access the house. Well I came up with an issue for those. Non-bundle pack housing can be accessed by paying either the full housing cost, a completely new purchase option titled "Shared Housing" with varying gold amounts, or completely free. How would one access the option? Why not add another adorable little npc into the game that will allow the wizard to do so, allowing the wizard the option to move into the bundle house and if implemented, pay the fee for shared housing. (100,000 gold house, 50,000. 10,000 crown house, 3,500 crown shared housing fee or something like that.) How many wizards can access the house? Well, why wouldn't it be all the wizards on your account. I feel this covers nearly every aspect of the idea, if you feel I have neglected an issue please comment and tell me. I really hope they can do this for the sheer fact that some people really like those bundle houses but never use them due to new characters. Thanks everyone for reading this :D ^_^ ~Your friendly neighborhood wizard~

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Yule Demone on Nov 7, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys, ya know I've bought a few bundle packs. I have the massive fantasy palace, the sultan's palace, the safari palace, and the winter winds tower. The thing is though, I don't really use the wizards that have them very often, and even more seldom do I actually go to the houses. I was hoping maybe an implemented shared house. Now, I know some it would be relatively unfair on some aspects. Farming, special housing items that can't be traded, stuff like that. I was thinking though that with the implementation of a shared housing system, you can select a single house, just one, and it can be shared housing. It would take up one slot, like a normal house, but it would be accessed by all wizards that have it as a shared house. If you garden, only the wizard that initially planted it all, would be able to see the plants. (I say see because there could be some potential confusion as to which wizard planted them if all could see them...... For instance I'd be stupid, forget which wizard planted the couch potatoes, and then spend 15 pet energy on all my wizards to remove some pests until I find the right wizard that planted them.) This would remove the ability for a wizard to have no planting skills yet still harvest the plants. Housing items that are no trade, if there are any, can only be picked up by the wizard that set them. If a wizard tries to pick up an item but they are not the one who set it down, could receive a popup saying what wizard placed it there and giving a yes or no to pick it up, with an option to never see that popup again. (The message would read as such. (Using my wizard as an example. "Antonio Titanshield set this item, would you still like to pick it up. Yes. No.") The only other issue I could think would need to be resolved is this, how exactly would the wizard access the option to convert a house, what about non-bundle pack houses, and how many wizards on your account can access the house. Well I came up with an issue for those. Non-bundle pack housing can be accessed by paying either the full housing cost, a completely new purchase option titled "Shared Housing" with varying gold amounts, or completely free. How would one access the option? Why not add another adorable little npc into the game that will allow the wizard to do so, allowing the wizard the option to move into the bundle house and if implemented, pay the fee for shared housing. (100,000 gold house, 50,000. 10,000 crown house, 3,500 crown shared housing fee or something like that.) How many wizards can access the house? Well, why wouldn't it be all the wizards on your account. I feel this covers nearly every aspect of the idea, if you feel I have neglected an issue please comment and tell me. I really hope they can do this for the sheer fact that some people really like those bundle houses but never use them due to new characters. Thanks everyone for reading this :D ^_^ ~Your friendly neighborhood wizard~
Sharing houses has been requested for years, and for years KI has ignored this. We spend real money on these houses/bundles. We also earn that massive amount of gold in their game. We should be able to share houses with all wizards (level 15= of course) on our account, with any additional fees.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
RavenLady777 on Nov 8, 2014 wrote:
Sharing houses has been requested for years, and for years KI has ignored this. We spend real money on these houses/bundles. We also earn that massive amount of gold in their game. We should be able to share houses with all wizards (level 15= of course) on our account, with any additional fees.
I understand, I was just hoping "Hey, maybe if enough people see this and agree, maybe they'll listen to us and do something about it."