Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deciding what school is best for you

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
People have lots of quizzes or ways to figure out what school is best for them, but there is more to answering a few questions and then just making a decision like that. Sometimes your school choice can reflect off your personality.
So what the real question to ask yourself would be, what kind of person are you? Are you shy? Outgoing? Quick to temper? The game already gives us a quiz to find out what school you'd be in but questions like "what's your favourite gemstone" is personally not a good question for me to decide with.
Me for example, i'm shy and I really don't talk much, but I'm also very creative and fascinated by myth and legend. I immediately thought death and myth (as in, my main school is death and I spend skill points on myth spells).
I guess my point is that before you do choose the school you're going to be in, try and contemplate on that. Would you really belong in that school?
I get that sometimes people don't like their personality or just want to be in that school, thats fine, just disregard this post I guess.
Did any of you guys do the same thing that I did? If not, then what did you do? Do you think you belong in your school? Am I overcomplicating this? I hope not.

- Madison Dragonrider

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Madison Dragonride... on Oct 11, 2014 wrote:
People have lots of quizzes or ways to figure out what school is best for them, but there is more to answering a few questions and then just making a decision like that. Sometimes your school choice can reflect off your personality.
So what the real question to ask yourself would be, what kind of person are you? Are you shy? Outgoing? Quick to temper? The game already gives us a quiz to find out what school you'd be in but questions like "what's your favourite gemstone" is personally not a good question for me to decide with.
Me for example, i'm shy and I really don't talk much, but I'm also very creative and fascinated by myth and legend. I immediately thought death and myth (as in, my main school is death and I spend skill points on myth spells).
I guess my point is that before you do choose the school you're going to be in, try and contemplate on that. Would you really belong in that school?
I get that sometimes people don't like their personality or just want to be in that school, thats fine, just disregard this post I guess.
Did any of you guys do the same thing that I did? If not, then what did you do? Do you think you belong in your school? Am I overcomplicating this? I hope not.

- Madison Dragonrider
I ALWAYS thought that! I'm glad someone finally made a post on it. Yeah, it's sort of irritating that school depends on favorite gemstone. My personality is: love to help ( will help anytime i can ), i am kinda both I'm outgoing if i am around people i know, I would love to be strong, If someone insults me I just ignore it because I'm scared to throw a insult back. I'm always eager to learn and loves to imagine and be creative. I guess I am really am a life wizard. lol

Good point!

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
I'm very creative and I love helping others, so I think I'm the perfect life wizard! Ye, it was a struggle with the damage. But once I got Forest Lord and realized I needed to focus on damage rather than health with my gear, I've been doing better than some of my fire friends

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
A lot depends on your preferred style of play too. Each school plays a bit differently then the others. When I started my first wizard I just went with the test and ended up with a Life wizard. After playing the Life wizard for a while I was able to see the advantages and disadvantages of the other schools. I now have four wizards going at various stages of development - my original Life plus Balance, Fire and Myth - but my old trusty Life wizard is still probably my favorite.
You're right about the goofy gemstone question though...
"If you could be a tree... what kind of tree would you be?" - Wait, what?