Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tanner the Taxidermist

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
My idea for a new vendor in the Shopping District... Tanner the Taxidermist.

Tanner would be able to take your collected fish and, for a price, create a wall mounted version for display in your home. Tanner would of course create a "replica" of the original fish so that no fictitious digital fish would be harmed in the process. The original fish would be released back into the wild to swim happily ever after.
Perhaps you might even have the option of several different mounting options such as different background materials, different poses etc.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
I'd rather have a chipmunk in a cowboy suit riding a rattlesnake, but your idea is cool too.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
Oh my gosh, that sounds a lil' spooky for me. I mean, why would you want to hang up your fish on the wall? They deserve a sweet home from you~

If it's like a "painting" of your fish, that would be cool, but I think I'm getting confused here.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Ruthless Anthony on Oct 9, 2014 wrote:
But isn't this the point of Aquariums?...
Yes it is but aquariums take up two item slots in your housing space allotment as well as a relatively large amount floor space. This would allow you to hang the display on your wall and theoretically only take up one item slot and no floor space. It would also be less of a drain on a computer's graphic resources.
Don't get me wrong, I love the aquariums and the ability to see your fish in action. I have one house dedicated solely for that purpose. But in order to display ALL of the available fish it's going to push the limit of available item slots for even the larger houses. I know some people aren't interested in going to extremes when displaying their fish... I just happen to think the fishing aspect of Wizard 101 is one of the best additions KI has made to the game and I'd like to take full advantage of the decorating possibilities. This idea would make it possible to both display fish and allow for other furniture and decorations to be utilized as well.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Dmlem28 on Oct 9, 2014 wrote:
Oh my gosh, that sounds a lil' spooky for me. I mean, why would you want to hang up your fish on the wall? They deserve a sweet home from you~

If it's like a "painting" of your fish, that would be cool, but I think I'm getting confused here.

Like I mentioned in my OP, this wouldn't be your actual fish but just a replica. Your original fish would be released back into the water from whence it came to live it's life free from the constraints of the artificial environment of an aquarium.
But then again, we are just talking about digitized animations here anyway aren't we?

And yes, it would be similar to a "painting" of a fish... a 3D painting. Have you seen the motion activated fish they sell at the novelty stores - the ones that sing "Don't worry, be happy"? Like that but without the goofy song.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
TucsonWizard on Oct 9, 2014 wrote:
Like I mentioned in my OP, this wouldn't be your actual fish but just a replica. Your original fish would be released back into the water from whence it came to live it's life free from the constraints of the artificial environment of an aquarium.
But then again, we are just talking about digitized animations here anyway aren't we?

And yes, it would be similar to a "painting" of a fish... a 3D painting. Have you seen the motion activated fish they sell at the novelty stores - the ones that sing "Don't worry, be happy"? Like that but without the goofy song.
Oh, I understand now(finally). Your idea seems cool and creative....~

ExaltedHarbinger of Light

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
While some people like to hang dead animals on walls, I must say I am not much in favor of it. I get you are trying to find another way to display trophy catches, but this one strikes me as a little creepy too, as others have said.

Regardless of how you say it would be a copy and the real thing is released into the wild, that is all just too complicated. In real life, a taxidermist stuffs dead animals for display, as museum pieces or as trophies. This idea just does not seem to fit with the general atmosphere of this kind of a game.

I would be happy to see fish tanks that hold multiple fish so more fish can be displayed that way. However, I'm not really in favor of seeing stuffed fish on walls of houses.