Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wishing Well

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 17, 2009
Why not put a wishing well in the commons or the shopping district? You can throw one useless item in it to request ONE new item each day. Receiving an item would be totally random based on what others donate and there is no guarantee you would even get what you want (based on the number of requests for the same item) but there is always that chance some one might have donated an item you have wanted. I have items myself that I don't need to sell and my pet is already mega so feeding it to my pet is useless as well. Donating items into a well for someone who is really wanting one and might get it seems like a fun idea.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
It's a nice idea but this might just lead to complaints about how the system is "totally rigged".

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
Love the idea!!! They had this successfully run on neopets game and it was fun.

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
I like this, but then people could throw in some novice gear and get 60+ gear back for free. Maybe it would be based on the level of the gear, that would seem more fair.

Melissa Daydreamer

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
We already have something even better. It's called the bazaar.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
FrelaB on Sep 25, 2014 wrote:
Love the idea!!! They had this successfully run on neopets game and it was fun.
i played neopets in my early teen years, and i remember the wishing well... never got the avatar, either.

this sounds like a fun idea, although i do agree with melissa that there need to be some rules in place to prevent abuse. like, if we throw in x amount of gold once per day, we have a chance at getting a prize (similar to neopets); possible prizes could include gear, pet snacks, mounts (rental and permanent), or crowns items (extremely rare).

there are so many things in-game for crowns only, and having it for gold would mean that everyone can participate.

-von

Explorer
May 17, 2009
The bazaar can not allow you to by certain crown items that others may want a chance to have.

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
average moe on Sep 27, 2014 wrote:
We already have something even better. It's called the bazaar.
the bazaar is incomparable. We are looking at a lottery gambling type of option which makes it more fun. Hence why things like mystery card packs or on other games mystery boxes are so habitually purchased because the unpredictable surprise is fun!

Survivor
Jan 03, 2013
Dr Von on Sep 28, 2014 wrote:
i played neopets in my early teen years, and i remember the wishing well... never got the avatar, either.

this sounds like a fun idea, although i do agree with melissa that there need to be some rules in place to prevent abuse. like, if we throw in x amount of gold once per day, we have a chance at getting a prize (similar to neopets); possible prizes could include gear, pet snacks, mounts (rental and permanent), or crowns items (extremely rare).

there are so many things in-game for crowns only, and having it for gold would mean that everyone can participate.

-von
this is my first post and i always thought about typing on these now i can !! yeah i agree we would need rules but maybe something like you throw in certain level stuff and you could get gear around your level. the lower levels would get gear around their level.