Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jolted Dekoi

AuthorMessage
Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I'm wondering how much luck people are having out there finding the Jolted Dekoi. I know where to look for it in Kishibe Village, and I've been trying for weeks, but I fish out all the storm fish and all I get are Stormacudas and Origami Fish.

Typically Dekois, along with 'cudas, are supposed to be the easiest fish to find. I have 12 wizards and out of 65 currently available species (if there are more, I have seen no documentation on them), all 12 wizards have each caught at least one of 52 species.

Of the remaining 13 species, I have at least one wizard who has caught at least one of each species, except for the Jolted Dekoi. It just seems bizarre to me that all 12 of my wizards have caught a Boss Hog, a Polar Bearacuda, and all but two of them have caught a Silver Streak, but not a single one has caught a Jolted Dekoi yet.

I know the description for these is that it's the most unintentionally caught storm fish. Is that the problem? Can the game sense my intention to catch one so it won't give me one until it's unintentional? How do I fake out the game?

As much as I hate filling my fish basket with useless Dekois when looking for fish I usually want, maybe this fish needs to be in more fishing holes, or the spawn rate needs to be a little higher in the hole where it's supposed to be.

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
Hey, Have you caught a Cranky Catfish yet?
It's my mission to find it.

Valkoor GoldSong
Exalted Conjurer

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Yep, three of my wizards have caught Cranky Catfish so far. Look for a fast moving ice fish (faster than the Frost Dekois) in the main lake in the Commons. Because it's rare, it's not always there. You may have to do the Summon Fish spell a few times.

Yesterday I knocked two more species off my list. 54 complete now on all 12 wizards. Only need 1 Sumo Koi, (still) 2 Silver Streaks, and 3 Sturgeon Generals to knock off 3 more species.

I actually created a spreadsheet that shows which fish each of my wizards has caught... that's how I know what's done and what's left. I don't memorize it all.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
High Five Ghost on Sep 13, 2014 wrote:
I'm wondering how much luck people are having out there finding the Jolted Dekoi. I know where to look for it in Kishibe Village, and I've been trying for weeks, but I fish out all the storm fish and all I get are Stormacudas and Origami Fish.

Typically Dekois, along with 'cudas, are supposed to be the easiest fish to find. I have 12 wizards and out of 65 currently available species (if there are more, I have seen no documentation on them), all 12 wizards have each caught at least one of 52 species.

Of the remaining 13 species, I have at least one wizard who has caught at least one of each species, except for the Jolted Dekoi. It just seems bizarre to me that all 12 of my wizards have caught a Boss Hog, a Polar Bearacuda, and all but two of them have caught a Silver Streak, but not a single one has caught a Jolted Dekoi yet.

I know the description for these is that it's the most unintentionally caught storm fish. Is that the problem? Can the game sense my intention to catch one so it won't give me one until it's unintentional? How do I fake out the game?

As much as I hate filling my fish basket with useless Dekois when looking for fish I usually want, maybe this fish needs to be in more fishing holes, or the spawn rate needs to be a little higher in the hole where it's supposed to be.
Are you looking for it in the back pond? That is where I found mine. I must admit it gave am a laugh when I read that it was the most unintentionally caught storm fish. I have only caught a few of them on each of my wizards.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Yeah, the back pond is where I focus my efforts because that's where everyone is saying they are. A couple of times I fished out storm on both sides, but typically I stick with the back pond.

I'm sure one day I'll find one. I hope.