Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

That is not "in my rank"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
I'm bad at PvP. I don't do it much, but when I do I bomb it. Especially when I'm against a warlord. What I'm complaining about is when I, the high-level Private, goes against a medium-level Warlord. The problem with this is that warlords have PvP-specific gear, which they can buy with all of the tickets they've beaten out of people. So I think people in my category of PvP should be other Privates, because frankly, Warlords are just too darned experienced.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2009
Well, your problem is as old as "What came first: chicken or the egg?" and Kingsisle still does nothing about it. I don't know how they pair up 1v1 matches, but I do agree it's completely unfair. I don't like losing to people half my level just because of their experience and mainly more, equipment. Not to mention, at some rank, people can learn conviction, which just throws everything out of whack. Plus, you can actually use conviction in PvE, there's not point in using clock outside of battle and I don't know many bosses who stun, and I'm level 86 in Azteca. Kingsisle, either tell us how you set up 1v1, or change the way you pair people up.

Richard BattleStone lvl 86 Private

Explorer
Aug 13, 2013
darkdoombro345 on Sep 7, 2014 wrote:
I'm bad at PvP. I don't do it much, but when I do I bomb it. Especially when I'm against a warlord. What I'm complaining about is when I, the high-level Private, goes against a medium-level Warlord. The problem with this is that warlords have PvP-specific gear, which they can buy with all of the tickets they've beaten out of people. So I think people in my category of PvP should be other Privates, because frankly, Warlords are just too darned experienced.
it's not as much experience cause i was a lvl80 warlord and fought a lvl 50 warlord and lost because they have a rating of 2500 and i had 1100 and they overly tc and most of them have 50 resist which if you add fortify to with tc it just makes it 70 resist which is tooo high, so it's not about experience, it's about them and their tc but i do approve of the necessary pvp private section cause of all these warlords

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
This is one of the PVP challenges. We have all been there. It takes a while to figure out how to handle what you run up against in PVP.

What I suggest is that you pay attention not just to the warlord equipment, but more on how they strategize their play (what spells they use and when), and learn from them. Also, you might want to just go and watch some matches of people in your approximate level bracket, and see how they do what they do, as well as looking at their equipment and pets. This gives you a better understanding of how PVP works, and how it is different from PVE.

It also helps to use the practice arena before you start doing ranked, so you can learn what works well for you.

Lastly, you might want to take some time looking at Duelist101 website, they have lots of helpful info for people learning the ropes.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I'm hardcore and tell everyone whose into PVP, to always remember to put their big wizard pants on; and use anything and everything to win!

But Dark Doombro345 isn't the first to suggest private vs private; or non-warlord ranked pvp matches. Just how many other individuals want to experience a more fair and balanced pvp match is the question

The simplest fixes are to:
  • Add PVP match filters that allow this
  • Create a separate PVP match category (i.e., non-warlord, private only, etc...)
  • Introduce these categories to PVP tournaments
In the end, everyone is still going to battle players with better gear, pet, shadow magic, and deck set ups able to bring pain, suffering, and an early demise.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2014
Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
I totally agree. That happens to me too and way to often

Survivor
Oct 22, 2012
I get exactly where your coming from, only because I am exactly the same way, Privates should be ranked with other Privates.

Explorer
Mar 06, 2014
Well You might need some tips from me I have a level 5 vet in pvp I move staff to other person but not gear when ill get crowns ill buy my staff ring heartsteel sea dragon and train to adult for resist and heal and ill buy knight lore pack for deer knight real card and put it deck and level to warlord. But some people will think it tc and call me a tc noob but ill say its real card and make a new person level to 5 and get crowns gear and get some friend to help you with banking go on your hi level guy port to your friend to put gear and your low level gets to sell it for gold at bazzar so yeah you might need some tower shield tc orthus tc and fire dragon and some astral tc and life healing tc and level 5 deck from bazzar those are my tips. But my hi level 66 gets beat by warlords so thats why I got tips from other people like tube videos and such for my level 5 vet but he uses tc and you just have to use it to get warlord......
When your pips get really hi go for the kill with big huge cards and tc..... Adam Austin

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
as a high-ranked magus who fights grandmasters almost exclusively, i can understand where you are coming from.

i could understand if they were privates, or even corporals. but no, these are level 50+ sergeants/vets who rely on critical and stupid amounts of resist. a level 30 wizard cannot block critical hits; i can heal them off, assuming i survive them in the first place, but that's it. gotta just shield up and hope for the best.

in these situations, the pvp vet gear (since i lost my commander rank after a bunch of these fights and cannot upgrade my gear) is my only lifeline. it's the only way i can hope to outlast someone with twice my health and massive crit spam.

(and don't feel bad- my level 90-at-the-time balance private lost to a level 60 warlord/loremaster spammer. that's how i found out about that spell. but at least she wasn't gloaty or annoying, and was nice enough to tell me how to get it... 1000 runs later i still don't have it, but that's another post).

-the former (and future) commander vonsauce
currently a captain, level 34