Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfair Match-ups

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 06, 2011
I was doing ranked PvP today, and then I was battling a level 27 death, and I'm only level 15. It's a big difference between those levels. My friend said it was because of my rank in PvP, but a level 15 isn't tough enough to beat a level 27. I think Kingsisle should make it more fair, like the opponents fighting should only be 1-5 levels above and lower. So if I was level 15, i could only battle levels 10-20. Anyone else agree?

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
In perfect world's profitable game Neverwinter their pvp is limited by tens. So for here that would be 1-9,10-19,20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-100.

Though personally I have experienced fighting people double my level and it's added toughness, I wonder if this would actually limit availability for pvp as sometimes when I log on only 30-50 players are signed up for pvp. I've heard there are long waits for near max levels who queue for pvp.

If they implemented it here, it may be better to divide the level ranges into fifths instead. 1-20, 21-40, 41-60, 61-80, 81-100. Or even quarters. 1-25, 26-50, 51-75, 76-100.

So I see both pros and cons with the situation mentioned.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
KatherineDragonBla... on Aug 28, 2014 wrote:
I was doing ranked PvP today, and then I was battling a level 27 death, and I'm only level 15. It's a big difference between those levels. My friend said it was because of my rank in PvP, but a level 15 isn't tough enough to beat a level 27. I think Kingsisle should make it more fair, like the opponents fighting should only be 1-5 levels above and lower. So if I was level 15, i could only battle levels 10-20. Anyone else agree?
one time on ranked i beat a lvl 27 ice on my lvl 6 storm char, and i'm quite sure your friend was right. it depends on your rank, not lvl. Anyways best of luck!

Rachel lvl 6.

Defender
May 06, 2011
whateversz on Aug 29, 2014 wrote:
one time on ranked i beat a lvl 27 ice on my lvl 6 storm char, and i'm quite sure your friend was right. it depends on your rank, not lvl. Anyways best of luck!

Rachel lvl 6.
Well I PvPed on my Ice again today, I am lowered to private. I was crying because of this - I'm Private and I battled a warlord! Its not fair!

Survivor
Mar 05, 2013
KatherineDragonBla... on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
Well I PvPed on my Ice again today, I am lowered to private. I was crying because of this - I'm Private and I battled a warlord! Its not fair!
I think that I was doing an unfair match the other day, because I am a level 7 wizard I am a night in pvp now because they put me up against a lvl 28 death and let him start the match I can't beat that lvl I mean I am life my school has weak spells and evan if I do use triton it wont kill. I think they should match people up better. I think the max lvl for a lvl 1 and up to 8 should be like lvl 15 or 17 Thank you for listening to me good day to all and good luck in pvp i think you all will get your ranks back and go up higher then they were.