Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Overleveled/Underleveled debate

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 17, 2012
What is your opinion about the overleveled/underleveled debate? Do you think that being overleveled is bad? Good? Do you think that there is no such thing as being overleveled? What about being underleveled? What are your opinions on that?

I have seen a lot of controversy about this across this forum, and I am deciding to bring the discussion here.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
NeoNebula17 on Aug 23, 2014 wrote:
What is your opinion about the overleveled/underleveled debate? Do you think that being overleveled is bad? Good? Do you think that there is no such thing as being overleveled? What about being underleveled? What are your opinions on that?

I have seen a lot of controversy about this across this forum, and I am deciding to bring the discussion here.
I think it all depends on what you want to get out of the game on what levels you choose to take your wizard into each world. Clearly there is no wrong or right here.

Personally I always preferred to be over leveled because I soloed and it seemed to help a bit. I think it also goes by how equipped you have become and how well you play the game. Many enter worlds early and need help with everything - clearly they should of been a little higher level for the world to gain health, gear, spells, what have you. Others who have it nailed tend to fly though the Spiral with no problems at all at minimum levels, they usually have the best gear and a helpful pet, tuned deck set ups etc..

On a side note, I am only questing though the end of Avalon from here on in, so taking all regular and side quests makes the game last a little longer for me.

Mary

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
I think that there is no such thing as being overleveled and if you can manage where you're at and are a lower level than expected you're not underleveled. If you lose a fight or two that's fine, to be expected really. It's when you start losing fights left and right and are a far lower level than is normally in that area that I view people as being underleveled. Honestly, there's an easy solution for that though, which is to just do your side quests, level up and come back.

I don't see either of them as being overly negative or positive, to me they just are there.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Being overleveled only really comes up when you reach the upper worlds. Khrysalis gives too much experience so you are maxed out before finishing even the main quests. Even skipping all side quests in every world you max out well before finishing Khrysalis.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
I feel that if you choose to play solo most of the time, then it can only benefit you to do as many quests as possible to be as strong as possible. During a duel, the solo player must fulfill all the roles a group would normally share.

If you are a player that enjoys completing any/all quests, you will find that gold, training points, and upgraded wizard's gear along with level appropriate spells are at your disposal. A player that embraces the faster progression rate, will not have as much to work with, and will need to rely more on skill, others, or both to insure victory.

I try to do as many quests as I can to do keep my wallet filled for pet hatching, gear, and the occasional vanity item in my house. I usually play solo, so when I duel, I try to prepare as best I can to insure a win.