Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Expansion to Hybrid Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
Currently, Hybrid Pets are mainly just a different skin of their parent pet. I thought, what about an expansion? Perhaps, having a hybrid have its own unique spell, like a Fire Gnome having a fire typed Gnomes! spell, like a pre-mutated spell, or a Rotting Dryad spell that heals and puts Doom and Gloom onto the field. If Wizard101 were to have this, it would be a great addition, making hatching with other players a bigger thing to do, to acquire unique spells. I came up with a few ideas if this were to happen.

Topaz Kraken: It would do regular damage and stun the target
Dreaming Leviathan: Damage and break two wards, rather than charms
Inferno Beast: Damage and damage over time
Magma Dragon: Rises out of a lava pool and puts a burn on a target, like a Heckhound
Void Basilisk: Crawls out of a black portal, attacks and poisons target.
Oblivion Chimera: Does 3x Death Damage
Jade Hound: 2x Life Damage
Eternal Leviathan: Damage and breaks any life over time, or breaks a poison on caster
Crystalline Fossil: Attacks, poisons and stuns
Arctic Triton: Breaks out of ice underwater, like a Colossus, attacks and stuns target
Rain Gnome: Damage, then dispels next two Storm Spells
Fulminating Medusa: Attacks then gives a -100% Accuracy debuff
Desert Gnome: Attacks then gives a -40% Weakness
Desert Mammoth: Attacks and gives a -60% Accuracy

These were just some ideas I came up with, but adding this feature to hybrids would be a great expansion to the game.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Yes. Yes. More of yes.

Thanks for taking a stab at so many of these spells. I hope KI is paying attention.

Without new hybrid spells, there's no point in early generation hybrid pets other than decoration/looks.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
I'm glad you agree. If KI were to add this feature, it would add a much larger amount of spell diversity to the game, and would make hatching pets be seen as a more important activity to do while you play the game.

Explorer
Oct 07, 2010
This is to op.I can understand May cast locust swarm or something but this as May casts is to op

Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
Those are some great ideas for pet spells! The dryad spell you mentioned would be just too much, If it was one pip it could heal and doom, it's just not going to work in that way, but I like it.

I hope that KI will at least add more ways that spells are seen, just like they do for the few pips spells such as lightning and blood bats in how they appear to swirl, swarm or cause a beam etc. They should do that for each spell there is so it doesn't seem so plain looking, and how exciting it would be to see Humongofrog deal the hits! Whenever I cast Forest Lord the tree is in the way of the animation where I can't see if i critical or not. I do know that they have sped up the animations of some of the spells (sprite) and adjusted Scarecrow where it won't make you literally sick watching it spin.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
Charles GhostHunte... on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
This is to op.I can understand May cast locust swarm or something but this as May casts is to op
Personally, I think the 'May Cast' spells are extremely bland. Almost every single pet has the ' May Cast ' ability. A custom spell for a custom pet, would at least liven the game up a little bit.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I'm pretty sure these weren't meant to be May Cast spells, I think they are Item Cards from the pets.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I believe he was just talking about pet item cards, not "may cast" abilities.

But whether they're OP or not is also besides the point of the thread, hybrid pet spells need to be special. They shouldn't just be things we can buy at the bazaar.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
Lucas Rain on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
I believe he was just talking about pet item cards, not "may cast" abilities.

But whether they're OP or not is also besides the point of the thread, hybrid pet spells need to be special. They shouldn't just be things we can buy at the bazaar.
Yes, I meant actual item cards, not May Casts. If they just randomly casted the spells without restriction of pips, yes it would be insanely over powered. But what I am talking about is spells like item cards.