Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Uses For Fish

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Hi,
Look I have to be honest and say I'm not a big fan of fishing, basically because apart from filling aquariums with them or selling them for gold they don't offer a great many benefits although it is always nice to land a treasure chest.
I do realise fishing is very new so my idea is probably better suited for when it becomes more old hat.
I had an idea for ultra rare fish that could give the Wizard some sort of benefit, it goes something like this.
The ultra rare fish could give you added stats such as life, pip etc or a new spell etc.
When you catch the fish it appears it front of you and begins to speak to you.

"I am .....and for countless eons I have swum the vast waters of the Spiral, yet never have I been caught
by either mortal or wizard. You are the first and you hold my fate in your hands. If you release me I have the power to grant you a boon.
A gift for a gift, grant me the gift of life and I will reward you, or you can take me from my home, but be warned, I cannot be kept in an aquarium, my magical essence will erode and I will vanish to become simple particles floating in the Spiral. Of course you could try to sell me but it may not bode well for you....time grows short..what is your choice wizard?"

As I said, these different type of fish would be Ultra Rare, to keep the mystery you would never know the gift you were going to get and if you opt to sell it you could either get say 20,000 gold or you may not get anything at all from Lucky..perhaps even some sort of penalty?
So what do the anglers out there think of my idea?

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
Enlightened One on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
Hi,
Look I have to be honest and say I'm not a big fan of fishing, basically because apart from filling aquariums with them or selling them for gold they don't offer a great many benefits although it is always nice to land a treasure chest.
I do realise fishing is very new so my idea is probably better suited for when it becomes more old hat.
I had an idea for ultra rare fish that could give the Wizard some sort of benefit, it goes something like this.
The ultra rare fish could give you added stats such as life, pip etc or a new spell etc.

"I am .....and for countless eons I have swum the vast waters of the Spiral, yet never have I been caught
by either mortal or wizard. You are the first and you hold my fate in your hands. If you release me I have the power to grant you a boon.
A gift for a gift, grant me the gift of life and I will reward you, or you can take me from my home, but be warned, I cannot be kept in an aquarium, my magical essence will erode and I will vanish to become simple particles floating in the Spiral. Of course you could try to sell me but it may not bode well for you....time grows short..what is your choice wizard?"

As I said, these different type of fish would be Ultra Rare, to keep the mystery you would never know the gift you were going to get and if you opt to sell it you could either get say 20,000 gold or you may not get anything at all from Lucky..perhaps even some sort of penalty?
Enlightened One,

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of fishing either. However, your idea enlightens me, enlightened one!

Your special fish certainly has as spot in the Spiral in my mind. I hope K.I. takes this idea into it's likeness. I also like your concluding sentence.

Miranda Thundergem
Promethean
Floating Mountains, Azteca

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
MidnightMT101 on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
Enlightened One,

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of fishing either. However, your idea enlightens me, enlightened one!

Your special fish certainly has as spot in the Spiral in my mind. I hope K.I. takes this idea into it's likeness. I also like your concluding sentence.

Miranda Thundergem
Promethean
Floating Mountains, Azteca
Thank you!
I've always thought I could possibly make a good KI scriptwriter (if such a thing exists lol).
I am sure, over time and depending on it's popularity fishing will evolve, even if it's only to the point of special events.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
New uses?

Are their any uses

I admit it was kinda fun catching a few fish a little break between dungeons.
but between training pets and gardening I'm not going to use energy for something that just takes up more room at the farm house.

Enlightened One has good idea if i'm going to use my resources, its going to be for the advancement of my wizard.

Victoria

Survivor
Mar 03, 2013
Explorer
Jul 17, 2014
canadiansprings on Aug 30, 2014 wrote:
I just want to feed my fish to my pets.
lol i sell my fish.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Enlightened One on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
Hi,

E1, I like your idea - I like it a lot! Especially the thought of possibly getting a new spell.
Some sort of fish/aquatic-based spells would be great...
- Shock damage from an Electric Eel.
- Inking (reduced accuracy) from a Squid.
- Poison damage from a Puffer Fish.
- Stun effect from a Jellyfish.
- I don't know... maybe something involving a fiery Seahorse.
- Attack by the Loch Ness Monster
- Strangled by Kelp - a lower level (4-pip) AOE every Life wizard wants so badly.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2011
I think it would be cool if there was fish pet and had to be crafted. Here is a recipes
Firecuda- 1 firecuda, 3 coal, 2 ruby, and sunbird tc
this pet would give fuel spell at adult. This probably wont happen but it is a fun idea.