Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is leveling up my pet to mega even worth it?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 07, 2010
So I got a starfish pet and it only has ice giver but I want to get it up to mega to trade to a ice wizard I will eventually make but I heard spritely has a low chance of casting.Is it really worth training to mega

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
Charles GhostHunte... on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
So I got a starfish pet and it only has ice giver but I want to get it up to mega to trade to a ice wizard I will eventually make but I heard spritely has a low chance of casting.Is it really worth training to mega
I am wondering the same thing. I have some of my pets (nightmare, leopard) as an adult and I'm not sure if I should train them to a mega.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
I find it fully worth it but it does depend on the pedigree (Num. next to the manifested power) If it is over 60 then it's very worth it!

If you get talents you don't like, don't bother to train up more, just hatch two ovr60 pedigree pets to get a offspring with better talents

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
yes,and no.yes because if it casts a may cast for a spell at mega its totally worth it.
no because if it doesn't do may cast then you can train it to an adult so you can hatch with people.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
If you start to get pet talents you don't want once your pet is an adult then not worth it probably not worth to get to the next level. Just keeping hatch til u get what u want.

Hope this helps!
Olivia Goldsinger

Survivor
Jul 28, 2014
It depends on what kind of pet is, what the pedigree is, and what talents you hatched it with, If it is just a plain school pet or a pet you bought without hatching it at all don't bother training it to mega.

Explorer
Aug 09, 2013
I am wondering the exact same thing. I have a teen dragon. Should I train him to mega?

Survivor
May 28, 2014
Once at adult, see what abilities have manifested. Are they good? If so, keep training. If not, it is faster to hatch or acquire a new pet and train it.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Don't train a first gen pet to mega. Just don't. Make absolutely sure that all the talents you want are on the pet before training it. Before training to epic/mega, go on the Test Realm if you can and train it there, the talent manifested on the TR will manifest in the Live Realm.