Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which ending is better Malistaire or Morganthe?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
In your opinion which ending was better, Morganthe or Malistaire? I liked Malistaire's more than Morganthe's because Morganthe's had several things wrong with it like (SPOILERS!!) we didn't really battle her, and well she wasn't really defeated she just well to sum it up, fell out a window and vanished into the Spiral full of hatred and most likely plotting her revenge at this very moment . Malistaire's was seemed like a better ending since he had a touching ending reuniting with his wife and vanished into the afterlife happily What's your opinion on the two endings, which do you prefer, Malistaire or Morganthe???

Survivor
Apr 01, 2013
Megan Frostflame on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
In your opinion which ending was better, Morganthe or Malistaire? I liked Malistaire's more than Morganthe's because Morganthe's had several things wrong with it like (SPOILERS!!) we didn't really battle her, and well she wasn't really defeated she just well to sum it up, fell out a window and vanished into the Spiral full of hatred and most likely plotting her revenge at this very moment . Malistaire's was seemed like a better ending since he had a touching ending reuniting with his wife and vanished into the afterlife happily What's your opinion on the two endings, which do you prefer, Malistaire or Morganthe???
I agree in every aspect you say. But the way you said "most likely plotting her revenge at this very moment" that seems quite unlikely because she couldn't have landed on another world for moons. Maybe many spirals, so I would agree that Malistaire's was better but that little bit put me off guard :P

- Alejandro Story
- Alejandro Story

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Well Malistaires was definetly more heartfelt. KingsIsle for sure spent more time with it because at the time, there wasnt a massive sum of players finishing in 1-2 days and already ready for the next world.

On the other hand, Morganthe caused a lot more problems, and her problems were more expresive than Malistaires. We never got a real sense of what Malistaire was trying to do until the end of Dragonspyre when we learned about him controlling the Dragon Titon. While Morganthe always talked about defeating Ambrose and controlling the Spiral.

So I think they were almost even. Malistaires was more of a feat for young players, but Morganthes gave a sense of closure and glorious achievment for the older players.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I prefer Malestaire over Morganthe. As you stated, it was heartfelt and meant something. After that, well, I'm just not crazy about the whole Morganthe thing at all.