Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Derby, Flying, Jumping, Insane Bolt, and Gear

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 08, 2012
I got 5 ideas here, I wanna know what y'all think of them:

1) Pet Derby - We all know how much KI has ignored Pet Derby and never made an update to Pet Derby, right? And wouldn't Pet Derby get a little bit more attention if KI made something cool that can only be earned through Pet Derby? Well, if KI made an awesome update to Pet Derby, would that encourage you to do Pet Derby more if they made something to work for such as a Hat, Robe, and Boots that gives 25 - 35 Energy each and looks pretty cool or nice? Would you go for it if it required a Pet Derby rank or something that's associated with Pet Derby?

2) Flying - Wouldn't it be neat if we could somehow have a way to fly at least 5 to 10 feet in the air (in game) and actually control how high or low we fly flying over stuff and such? Wouldn't it be cool? It might be useless or not but I think it'll be kinda neat. Also, you'll be able to fly over buildings too.

3) Jumping - Right now, jumping is 100% useless since you can't jump over or on anything. Would you like to be able to ACTUALLY jump on or over something in Wizard101 instead of just jumping in one spot? It'll be more useful if they made it that we could actually jump on or over stuff.

4) Insane Bolt - This one's kinda random and funny. Who would like to see a high level Storm boss actually cast Insane Bolt and have them have the chance of it doing a backfire on them? I think it'll be kinda interesting and funny to see a Storm Boss cast Insane Bolt, do a critical, have a blade, and then it ends up doing a massive 15K - 20K backfire (if he doesn't block his own critical XD)

5) Appearance Only Gear - Everyone knows the Archangel's Attire right? Well, in my opinion, I still think that attire makes a boy look like a girl. It looks cool on a girl but not a boy. Although it is close to the Girl's Version of the Commanders robe, it looks horrible on a boy. So would you like it if they made another Attire that looked close to the Boy's Version of the Commander's Robe and looks cool? In my opinion, no matter how many people say "the Archangel's Robe is a robe, not a dress", I will still and always will think it looks like a dress and it makes a boy look like a girl in my opinion.

Ok, so what do you think of these 5 ideas? Which are good and which are not so good? What are the positives and negatives of each idea? What do you like about each of the 5 ideas and if there's something you would change about any of the 5 ideas, name it. I'm open to changes in my ideas.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
1. There is gear that gives somewhere near that much... in crowns packs. The Pet Derby does give amulets, athames, and rings that give an energy boost.
2. It sounds cool, but what will this do to mounts? If I can fly over buildings, who needs a mount. Besides, MMORPG games have always had running around to enemies, quest givers, etc. I'm all for a "freecam" flight that lets you get an aerial view of the area, but doesn't move your wizard.
3. Yes. Just yes. I used to play Toontown Online and I really miss the jumping puzzles from that. Besides, the "invisible walls" that make me run all the way around a road to avoid a 3 foot drop is annoying.
4. No. Insane Bolt works differently for players because they have an inherent damage boost. Bosses are pretty dumb and have no such boost, and 10,000 health is half the boss' health, a larger fraction than 1000 to a player.
5. Meh. I like my Hades gear in general and have no plans to stitch it, so I have no real opinion on this one.

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Robobot1747 on Jul 27, 2014 wrote:
1. There is gear that gives somewhere near that much... in crowns packs. The Pet Derby does give amulets, athames, and rings that give an energy boost.
2. It sounds cool, but what will this do to mounts? If I can fly over buildings, who needs a mount. Besides, MMORPG games have always had running around to enemies, quest givers, etc. I'm all for a "freecam" flight that lets you get an aerial view of the area, but doesn't move your wizard.
3. Yes. Just yes. I used to play Toontown Online and I really miss the jumping puzzles from that. Besides, the "invisible walls" that make me run all the way around a road to avoid a 3 foot drop is annoying.
4. No. Insane Bolt works differently for players because they have an inherent damage boost. Bosses are pretty dumb and have no such boost, and 10,000 health is half the boss' health, a larger fraction than 1000 to a player.
5. Meh. I like my Hades gear in general and have no plans to stitch it, so I have no real opinion on this one.
Ok, the ONLY reason why I said about the Pet Derby thing is for several reasons:
1) There's a robe that gives 26 Energy but the rest of the gear are lower
2) KI is ALWAYS ignoring Pet Derby and probably thinks that Pet Derby NEVER deserves a update, it seems to me that they think it should stay as the boring worthless useless state that it's in right now
3) I am getting sick and tired of how much favoritism KI has towards that Coat of Invincibility, I'm getting tired of looking at it anymore. Also, why ONLY rely on PvP to make money? Doesn't Ranked Pet Derby ALSO require you to spend crowns or get a Membership to do Rank Pet Derby Race? Can't KI also get money from Pet Derby as well? Like seriously, they gotta stop ignoring Pet Derby so much and make some updates to it instead of having it sitting in the middle of the Pet Pavilion being absolutely useless
4) Yea, there's Athames, Amulets, and Rings that gives energy, so? You can craft a Athame that gives 2 Energy (Sure it's less then the 4 energy but still) and you can also get a Ring that gives 5 energy, 1 more energy then that Pet Derby ring. What is an additional 4 or 6 energy gonna do? It ain't gonna boost our energy by a lot, not a lot at all.
5) And as a continuation about the favoritism towards Coat of Invincibility thing, why does KI DELIBERTLY make every single gear after that ugly? Like seriously, would it kill them to make something cooler? Would it really kill them to make something cooler or as cool as the Coat of Invincibility but make it available through Pet Derby? Like seriously, Pet Derby, right now, is completely useless. And what? All you earning is a Athame, Amulet, and Ring that barely gives any energy? Oh and the Rank Only pets, the only thing they're good for is Pet Derby but thing is, you can't get anything GOOD out of Pet Derby because KI has not made anything WORTH working for in Pet Derby. The ONLY reason why you'll be seeing Pet Warlords or Pet Commanders is because they are doing Pet Derby JUST FOR FUN, not for any of the gear that the frog gives, it's only just for fun and nothing more. Geez, you see more PvP Warlords and PvP Commanders because KI has made updates to PvP but not Pet Derby, not a single Update has gone to Pet Derby. Sure they made mounts no longer allowed to be equipped in the Pet Pavilion but how does that effect Pet Derby? It Doesn't! I just wish they'll make an update to Pet Derby already, like, make something that's ACTUALLY worth working for instead of those Athame, Amulet, and Ring that barely gives you any Energy.

Oh yea, and all that was for Idea #1: Pet Derby. As for your response on Idea #3, sure 10,000 is only half of a bosses health but it'll still be fun to see and yea I know, they got no damage boost but I still think it'll be fun to see a Storm Boss cast Insane Bolt itself, regardless of rather it does do a Backfire or not or how much backfire it does. KI, I am sorry if this sounds harsh but it's just my opinion...

Survivor
May 24, 2014
I know right we get wings and arcus clouds and flying stuff that only flys like a few inches off the ground

I always wanted to fly pleaze KI listen to me and him put that in another update I would be really thankful

Jeremy the necromancer

Survivor
May 24, 2014
Robobot1747 on Jul 27, 2014 wrote:
why not make it where you can only fly on flying mounts

so mounts wont be forgotten

Jeremy the necromancer

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Good cop on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
why not make it where you can only fly on flying mounts

so mounts wont be forgotten

Jeremy the necromancer
Oh yeah, excellent idea there Good Cop! I actually didn't think of that. That would be so cool to have flying mounts be able to fly higher then a few inches off the ground. By having flying mounts be able to fly higher in the sky, mounts won't then be forgotten. Excellent thinking there man

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
there is no point in an update in pet derby. some low levels may accuse you of using hacks when you fly. jumping can make you go a tiny bit faster and it is fun. a boss that casts insane bolt could easily kill it. the archangel set may do that, but people can still tell you are a boy by your name.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2014
Blaze Deathward on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
there is no point in an update in pet derby. some low levels may accuse you of using hacks when you fly. jumping can make you go a tiny bit faster and it is fun. a boss that casts insane bolt could easily kill it. the archangel set may do that, but people can still tell you are a boy by your name.
Personally I am disappointed on how people are looking down on this

I think all of them are great ideas

Emily Deathdust

Necromancer

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
Most of these are great ideas!
Now... About flying.

I don't think flying is an amazing idea, it's still good. Just I think it'd need some fine tuning. If flying was added, people probably would want to fly between worlds in the spiral. Am I right? And if that happened, it could possibly get laggy for some people with a dinosaur for a computer (old computers/non-beefy computers). But if it is just flying a bit above a Wizard, then it should be fine. And it shouldn't be too hard to make it be able to fly on top of a building and seeing a bit of others streets or whatever.