Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good pvp strategy for lvl 46 fire

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
I'm sergeant in pvp ,and I have a strategy but if there are any other strategies beside heckhound and, efreet. My only problem is my resist. I have 43% fire attack which is good for level 46. One % pierce and 60 or so % power pip. I have 9% resist to all but ice and storm. I have 13% to ice and 27% to storm.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Giant one-hit strategies aren't that effective unless your opponent clearly lacks a way to defend. People over-rely on big cards to win. My advice is to drop that thinking and start fresh.

The best strategy is to be well-equipped before you even enter the arena. You have a good amount of fire damage, but a small amount of resistance. You should probably invest in training a pet with double resist and a heal. Your school doesn't give you much health to start with, so this will help you tremendously. Gardening and farming bosses will give you all the snacks and money you need to fund your pet training. Some additional notes: You should have an accuracy boost from your gear, or else you're going to fizzle too much. You should spend your training points (if you haven't already) on Life to Satyr, Ice to Tower Shield. You should carry all of the following treasure cards at all times: Tower Shield 55%, Wyldfire 35% / 45%, Satyr, Triage, Infallible, Shatter, Primordial-enchanted Link, Monstrous-enchanted Scald, Firezilla, Weakness, and Reshuffle.

Avoid stacking your deck with single impact hits like Efreet, Helephant, Phoenix, as they are too easy to defend against. Do not simply rely on a giant Heckhound either. Use minions early and often, and control the bubble with Wyldfire. If your opponent fails to steal the bubble from you, start introducing a steady stream of DoT hits, including Link, Fire Elf, and Scald, since these will guarantee uncontested damage. Remember to shield, and carry lots of Steal Charms. If you use small, enchanted DoTs with a Wyldfire up and with Infallible engaged, you become a damage factory. Concentrating on using small hits ensures you still have enough pips to heal, Reshuffle, or blow them away with a Firezilla at the right moment.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
Well literally no-one wants to hatch that has double resist and heal. You literally won't believe how annoying it is. People send me hatch requests press ready and quit. Even if there pet is bad. I've never done that to anyone and never hatched either. I have 50k gold which is about the amount I need but everyone either has really good or really bad pets and I get overjoyed when somebody requests me and when I see there pet they say something like "Oh wow you're pet is horrible why don't you get a good pet".

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Yeah, that's all too familiar hatchery behavior.

You can collect pets and hatch with yourself until the talents you need manifest. Many have gone before you to write up guides that can help, you might check Wizard101 Central for that.

Another option is to post a hatching request/meetup either on this board or, again, at Wizard101 Central. I know that most of the people you see in the hatchery are bland opportunists only thinking of themselves, but there exists a separate population of individuals who just want you to succeed at your goals.