Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

glitches with storm spells.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2014
I am sad to say that diviners have the worst luck when casting a spell. So far today, july 25th 2014, I have had numerous castings that fizzled out before a 100% cast and even after a 100% casting. Its been said that after you cast a 100% spell, rather it be a shield, charm, blade, or health casting. The next spell cast should go through and due damage. Sometimes I can understand why it would fizzle, other times it would not only do it once, but twice! I have the necessary points to prepare the spell with even have extra just make sure. It still fizzles out, every single time. What really bothers me more than that is the diviners beginning health even at twenty it is still below one thousand. I have finished Wizard City completely to the point where Krokotopia would be next. I made my diviner to level seventeen, worked the first area of Krokotopia, moved up to level twenty and a half, was notified by our Melrose to go to Grizzlehiem. I have the kroko thing and storm area in Krokotopia to do still. Why have we got Grizzlehiem,Wysteria, and Marleybone worlds? By the time I finish Marleybone, I will be in my mid fortieth level or even real close to fiftieth. Could the Kingisle people be knowledgeable about these extra worlds? Is it possible to get an extra weapon at level 4?

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
Just wondering what lvl are you? In later storm levels the accuracy problem gets better.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Um...
Casting a spell that has 100% accuracy has no effect on any successive casts. The number of pips you have does not affect accuracy. Storm has low health because it has extreme damage. Get gear with accuracy to fizzle less.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
manchester1997 on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
I am sad to say that diviners have the worst luck when casting a spell. So far today, july 25th 2014, I have had numerous castings that fizzled out before a 100% cast and even after a 100% casting. Its been said that after you cast a 100% spell, rather it be a shield, charm, blade, or health casting. The next spell cast should go through and due damage. Sometimes I can understand why it would fizzle, other times it would not only do it once, but twice! I have the necessary points to prepare the spell with even have extra just make sure. It still fizzles out, every single time. What really bothers me more than that is the diviners beginning health even at twenty it is still below one thousand. I have finished Wizard City completely to the point where Krokotopia would be next. I made my diviner to level seventeen, worked the first area of Krokotopia, moved up to level twenty and a half, was notified by our Melrose to go to Grizzlehiem. I have the kroko thing and storm area in Krokotopia to do still. Why have we got Grizzlehiem,Wysteria, and Marleybone worlds? By the time I finish Marleybone, I will be in my mid fortieth level or even real close to fiftieth. Could the Kingisle people be knowledgeable about these extra worlds? Is it possible to get an extra weapon at level 4?
Each and every spell is handled as it's own unique spell. In other words, with a base spell of 75% accuracy, each time you cast it, you have 25% chance of fizzling. Every time.

The only thing that is a true 100% cast are your wands and certain specialty/treasure card spells (and pixie). There is always a chance for any other spell to fizzle.

Nothing is glitched here, it's the way spells work and Storm, due to the powerful [base] spells, has the highest fizzle rate. This can be boosted very easily with the correct gear. My level 40-something storm wizard rarely fizzles because she has great gear and a pet that boosts accuracy as well.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Storm has low accuracy and I don't think casting a spell with 100% accuracy will make the next spell succeed in casting. Storm has low health because of it's high damage making it quick to kill though somewhat harder to survive. Grizzleheim and Wysteria are side worlds that are not required to do (Grizzleheim is recommended for spells and extra experience though) and Marleybone is a main quest world that is required to move on in your adventures. None of these are glitches or bugs so they can't be fixed. Sorry.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2014
Yes, Storm does have a bad fizzle problem at low levels, + low health makes it really hard, But i have a storm with 18 accuracy+ infallible, I still end up fizzling sometimes thats 18+15=33 so 103% accuracy and i still somehow fizzle? It makes me think storm is rigged