Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drain Buffs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 09, 2013
I've heard that if you enchant a drain spell 2/3 of it will go to the damage and 1/3 will go to the heal.
What happens if you use a buff(besides death blade and death trap)?
I'm too lazy to check myself

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The nature of Drains requires that enchantments increase at 2/3 damage and 1/3 healing in order to maintain the 50% drain rate. Traps and blades add to damage because they are a percentage and not a set number it doesn't change the 50% drain rate. The more damage you do with a drain the more healing you get because the drain is always 50% of the damage done.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2013
This is probably off topic but I have another question about blades.
Let's say some pyromancer uses fireblade then uses fire elf or some other DoT spell.
Will the blade add damage to the whole spell or just the initial hit? Same question but with traps.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Awesomedude8910 on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
This is probably off topic but I have another question about blades.
Let's say some pyromancer uses fireblade then uses fire elf or some other DoT spell.
Will the blade add damage to the whole spell or just the initial hit? Same question but with traps.
Blades, auras, globals and gear/pet boosts all add damage to every hit in an attack. Traps only add damage to the initial hit that triggers the trap.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2013