Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lures too expensive?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 16, 2011
So I got the quest ot go to Grizzleheim and fish. So, I go to Grizzleheim and what do I see? Lures cost 5000 gold, and the lesser ones I'm using won't work. I don't have 5000 to spend EVERY DAY. Does anyone else find the better lure prices a bit steep?

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
I find that they aren't that steep. This may be due to the fact that I have a huge flow of gold to me due to a 66 plot EMP garden, but you don't need that to be successful and make money in this game. You can sell drops from bosses that you have beaten. I prefer to defeat Halfang Bristlecrown in Wintertusk. He gives some of the best loot. Or, you can try gardening, it is pricey at first, but well worth it after a few harvests.
I hope I helped a little, and to answer your question once again, no. I do not think that the prices are too steep. Any member of Wizard101 is capable of those prices, it just depends on how you get it.

-Thexboxguy

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
5000 every day? You buy the spell once and know it forever. The lure spells are no more expensive than all the gardening spells.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
TheLoneWizard158 on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
So I got the quest ot go to Grizzleheim and fish. So, I go to Grizzleheim and what do I see? Lures cost 5000 gold, and the lesser ones I'm using won't work. I don't have 5000 to spend EVERY DAY. Does anyone else find the better lure prices a bit steep?
you don't buy these 'every day' you buy them once; just like any other spell.
and no, they are not too expensive.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2014
In all fairness to the lower level players [level 25 and below] .....they are very expensive

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Yup like others said, you don't need to buy it everyday just once :) 5k gold isn't that hard to farm and imo it's worth it to buy higher lures for higher grade fish of course (combined with Reveal All School Fish spell, if seeking EPICs) :P