Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Were Malistaire and Sylvia Drake real proffesors?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
So, I have been a Wizard101 player since 2010, but I know that the site has been around since 2008. I also know that Dragonspyre (I think I spelled that wrong, oh well) wasn't an existing world yet either, at the first creation of the game. So, my question is addressed to those players who have been around since the game was first created. Were Malistaire and Silvia Drake actually origional professors in the game? Like, on the death school page, it shows all of Malistaire's information as The Death teacher with a line through it, showing that he is replaced by his assistant Dworgyn, yet on the Life page, Silvia Drake isn't listed as a previous professor. I was just curious, if in the game's early start, if they were both actually professors, and KI made the game plot extremely interesting by throwing a curve ball at life students, alerting them that their master has just passed, and her replacement is a motherly cow, and then pulling a big plot twist on all of the gaming community when they see that Malistaire has gone on a rampage and ripped the death school from Ravenwood. And after all of that chaos, KI would announce that there was a new world called Dragonspyre. Sorry that this question was so long haha, I was just wondering if this was how everything actually went down in order to lead up to how everything is currently in the game, or if things always were as they are now. :]

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Ive been playing for the same time as you, so I wouldnt know the answer to this, but I doubt it. I do know that in the game they are mentioned as being the previous life and death proffesors, but if they were actually used as them I have no idea.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Sephrah Spectrum on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
So, I have been a Wizard101 player since 2010, but I know that the site has been around since 2008. I also know that Dragonspyre (I think I spelled that wrong, oh well) wasn't an existing world yet either, at the first creation of the game. So, my question is addressed to those players who have been around since the game was first created. Were Malistaire and Silvia Drake actually origional professors in the game? Like, on the death school page, it shows all of Malistaire's information as The Death teacher with a line through it, showing that he is replaced by his assistant Dworgyn, yet on the Life page, Silvia Drake isn't listed as a previous professor. I was just curious, if in the game's early start, if they were both actually professors, and KI made the game plot extremely interesting by throwing a curve ball at life students, alerting them that their master has just passed, and her replacement is a motherly cow, and then pulling a big plot twist on all of the gaming community when they see that Malistaire has gone on a rampage and ripped the death school from Ravenwood. And after all of that chaos, KI would announce that there was a new world called Dragonspyre. Sorry that this question was so long haha, I was just wondering if this was how everything actually went down in order to lead up to how everything is currently in the game, or if things always were as they are now. :]
Well in the beginning of the game Sylvia is dead and Malistaire tries to kill you, so no, most likely not.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
They were the original Death and Life teachers BUT they were long gone when the game launched in September 2008. When the game launched to my understanding the professors were the same as they were. I wasn't in the game until 2011 but I know a lot about the game

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The storyline hasn't changed. They are past professors in the game's story, but that was before players came to Ravenwood.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
aww bummer :/ I think it would have made the game so interesting if they actually were professors when the game launched :] But thanks for the responses you guys :]