Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questions about the new spiral cup gauntlet

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
I had the privilege of going into someones gauntlet today and I have a few questions about it. First, when will this be released? Though I think the gauntlet needs work I still want to get it because I have the other two.
Also, the part where you have to be a friend of the owner to be able to use it is just not gonna work. So many times I am at full list and I believe this will put an unfair burden on players who own one of these but want to be generous and let others use it. Please reconsider this, as it is winter bane and pagoda gauntlets are already a better gauntlet from what I have experienced and they are free to use without friending the owner.
Are there going to be drops in there that rival those of pagoda and winter bane? All I got dropped to me were tc's, low level snacks and an occasional seed. I went in with lower levels and I went in with max levels and fights were easy and drops the same, just tc's and snacks, a little gold, and an occasional seed.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Access to this dungeon should be expanded beyond an exclusive friend's list; because it supports Wizard 101's policy that encourages players toward social activity and interaction with others. You can read more About Wizard 101:https://www.wizard101.com/game/kid-safe-game

And its because of reading About Wizard 101, via the link above, that inspired me to create my red barn farm house to be accessible by all. I decorated the inside and outside areas with the intent everyone who visits has a fun, wow experience! And anyone can visit this home via the castle tours.

Everything at my red barn farm is visually stimulating to the eyes, with an assortment of trees and fixtures, and massive amount of pets. There there's all the interactive, playable games, tree house with click-able eggs, as well as the Winterbane Hall, and Midnight Sun Pagoda dungeons.And on Thursday, I'm adding the new Spiral Cup Gauntlet dungeon.

Until this dungeon becomes accessible by all, I'll continue to rotate folks on and off my friend's list, to allow as many players to experience the Spiral Cup gauntlet.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Hi! I purchased the new Spiral Cup Gauntlet and took friends in there right away. Got all the way to the last cheating boss and fought and fought. One in our party left making it a much more difficult fight. Well we finally made it like 45 minutes later. Was waiting to see what exciting drops we may get since we had barely got anything in the fights leading up to it. Well much to our angst we got absolutely nothing. Nothing! Nada!
what a big big rip off. One of my friends said it was a glitch. Well I hope it is one that Kings plans on fixing like really really soon!!!! I love the concept of the new gauntlet and it was pretty easy until last fight. My friend also told me there is more fights that are not in there yet. I don't know how he knew all this but I will patiently wait and see what happens with this gauntlet.

Scarlet ShadowStone Level 79 Scarlet SwiftRiver Level 21

Survivor
Feb 09, 2012
I see no problem with being friends with the owner... in fact, I wish Pagoda and Winterbane were the same way. Otherwise it's basically a normal dungeon, and the gauntlets should be special for those who buy them. So many times I've had to kick people out of my house for interrupting entrance into my gauntlets when I want to run them with my friends. Granted, polite players will heed requests to stay out of a group going in, but there are many people who don't do that. I'd rather have some control over who uses my gauntlets.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Why did some people get access to this gauntlet a week before everybody else? I've seen people with the mounts and pets. I spent two hours at Target, Walmart, and Gamestop, and nobody has it for sale yet. Target doesn't even have it in their computer.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
I completely agree, I just made a similar posting in the dorms. I do hope that they reconsider the friends only limitation.

Amber

Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
I was also was given a few "Spiral Cup Gauntlet" as a gifts form friends and family to add to my different wizards homes.

I have only redeemed one. I am waiting to see what they do to fix these dungeons, before I redeem any others, if I do at all. ( might just better to return them )

I was so upset to find out that people have to be on my friends list to use them. That means my friends can not bring their friends in with them. So it should have been labeled on the card, or at least mentioned on the website, the following:

1,) This housing item is a friends use only item. ( friends may have to do it solo )
2.) The reward items within are reagents, Treasure Cards and seed items.
3.) You may hear 2 to 4 music playing at same time ( just turn it off for a quick fix )
4.) If you wish to allow people other then your friends to play,
have at least 4 friend slots open at all times,
add people to your list and wait till they enter,
after they are in it, delete them, then add anyone else you allow to play,
Repeat this as many times as necessary to allow players to play with their friends.

5.) This dungeon isnot meant to beuser friendly,
you may have to waste your time doing the above step 4.
nor should you expect the gear to give you any health stats,
gear should only be worn in this pigs wick style dungeon
( it is intended for lower level wizards)

6,) Choosing Friends only is Not an Option it is mandatory. ( Buyer be aware. )

Had these been mentioned on the card... My family would have told me before they bought it. Then I would have told them to save their money. :)

I like things that I can share and help people with, not things that cause trouble.

Thanks for letting me write my review of the "Spiral Cup Gauntlet".

I will say this about it.. That mount that comes with it looks so awesome under water.

Thanks again,
Sophia Dragonheart :)

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I'm getting the Spiral Cup gauntlet on Thursday, and I'm happy to let you use this new dungeon at my Red Barn Farm House.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
I have been to my Target store twice in the last week. The Spiral Cup Gauntlet is not on the shelf and not in their computer system. When should we expect it to be released?

I have been able to do the Gauntlet a couple of times and though it was fun, it wasn't much of a challenge for a level 100 (the lowest in our party was level 79).

I do want to get this new addition to my house (I already have Winterbane and the Midnight Sun Pagoda), but I really hope that KI changes the requirement for people to be on my list to use it. I love letting friends bring their friends, but I don't want to have to remove friends from my list to add friends' friends.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I don't like the idea of this gauntlet being friends only. With the Pagoda and Winterbane, I would load the wizard with the gauntlet, port my other account to it, then change wizards so all my characters could use the gauntlet and get the badge. With this one, I will have to find someone else with the gauntlet for all the wizards on my account to gain the badge.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
One thing to know is when you have one, DO NOT say it in public unless you want people to swarm you and beg for you to take them and get LOADS of false reports.

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 72

Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
Hey everyone, thanks for responding. I did get my hands on one of these today. I got it at our local target. I was kinda hoping for some furniture drops wisteria style in it like the other two gauntlets have their style decor drops.
Got some turquoise dropped and even a couple of deadly helephant ears, music scrolls, oh and yea almost forgot, a purple spider pet. Mostly tc's, reagents, and low rank pet snacks though. Disappointed that the final fight only gives out a small snack. I really hope we get better drops out of this thing eventually. Not worth having it friends only for sure.
I would love to suggest to KI that they make a separate category on housing tour for houses with dungeons and maybe take the rating away for that category if it would please everyone else. I put mine on tours so that my friends and my characters on my other account can find it easy and use it and I can tell you that I never had anyone rate it and don't get many visitors.
I agree with many of you who wishes the friends limitation be removed. And I would be happy to share it with you guys if there were a way to do that.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
valerian ice on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
Hey everyone, thanks for responding. I did get my hands on one of these today. I got it at our local target. I was kinda hoping for some furniture drops wisteria style in it like the other two gauntlets have their style decor drops.
Got some turquoise dropped and even a couple of deadly helephant ears, music scrolls, oh and yea almost forgot, a purple spider pet. Mostly tc's, reagents, and low rank pet snacks though. Disappointed that the final fight only gives out a small snack. I really hope we get better drops out of this thing eventually. Not worth having it friends only for sure.
I would love to suggest to KI that they make a separate category on housing tour for houses with dungeons and maybe take the rating away for that category if it would please everyone else. I put mine on tours so that my friends and my characters on my other account can find it easy and use it and I can tell you that I never had anyone rate it and don't get many visitors.
I agree with many of you who wishes the friends limitation be removed. And I would be happy to share it with you guys if there were a way to do that.
This is a very good idea. It will also give the people who spend time decorating their homes (without a gauntlet) a chance to having some sort of ranking.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2013
I really think this was the ultimate rip-off for a couple reasons
Easy enough at level 90 to probably solo with my death
Terrible drops as far as I know of: I got nothing good besides a DHE in one of the earlier fights and only a rank 4 snack on the final boss for each me and my friend.
It took a while to find someone to friend and to bring me to it

So for now I am definitely sticking with my pagoda or my other friends Winterbane

Gavin MythBreaker 89
Blaze FireSlinger 33

Survivor
Feb 08, 2013
KI has to get a chance to make some money on this, I am sure after awhile they will take the friends restriction off. The people that make these dungeons deserve to get paid. If they didn't have any restrictions then not too many people would buy it. I don't work for KI but please don't call them greedy this is strictly a business decision I am sure.