Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How are drops calculated?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
I've heard just by luck, but what I'm seeing is the person that does a lot of damage gets the best stuff.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
What you've heard is the truth, what you're seeing is a coincidence.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Grandmaster

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Hitting has no effect whatsoever. Casting in general has no effect. You might be the guy who bladed the hitter, you might be the guy who hit, you might be the guy who healed everyone to keep them alive... or you could be the guy who just sat there and passed every turn. They all have the same chances at a drop.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Jazzyforcefield on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
I've heard just by luck, but what I'm seeing is the person that does a lot of damage gets the best stuff.
Nothing is calculated. Every drop in the game is random.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
I know that luck is a factor, I have been the one to get the awesome drop when i only bladed and healed. But, I have also seen what Jazzy says to hold truth. Ex: My level 30 storm wiz gets more rare drops and crowns drops than my now max level balance ever did. Other things seem to affect it too. Once I was in a battle with Glad and the unknown wizard I allowed to come with me decided to flee after a few rounds because it looked too hard. So it was me, level around 60 and a friend level 10 left to face the boss. We Pwn'd him hard and guess what, I got fire mastery. After years of playing this game my conclusion is that although luck is a factor, it isnt the only factor.
Amber&
Iridian
Rowan

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
AmberRavenSong7 on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
I know that luck is a factor, I have been the one to get the awesome drop when i only bladed and healed. But, I have also seen what Jazzy says to hold truth. Ex: My level 30 storm wiz gets more rare drops and crowns drops than my now max level balance ever did. Other things seem to affect it too. Once I was in a battle with Glad and the unknown wizard I allowed to come with me decided to flee after a few rounds because it looked too hard. So it was me, level around 60 and a friend level 10 left to face the boss. We Pwn'd him hard and guess what, I got fire mastery. After years of playing this game my conclusion is that although luck is a factor, it isnt the only factor.
Amber&
Iridian
Rowan
Random luck is the ONLY factor. It has been stated by KI and proven time and again by players. Your actions in a duel have ZERO effect on what drops you get.