Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

spirit drum.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
I've been on the quest for more than 4 months. Could anybody help me?

Duncan level 85

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Do you mean the Spirit Caller Drum crafting quest in Zafaria?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's a pain I agree. Go to Celestia, get the recipe for Conga Drums and Transmute Fossil. Start collecting Stone Blocks in Dragonspyre and Avalon (if possible). Cycle the realms for a couple hours and you'll have all the reagents needed.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I've been on that quest for over a year. I finally collected all the fossils, and now I'm stuck on aether. I need 13 more aether and only have enough kelp to transmute two. It's very frustrating that the Bazaar isn't more useful. The needed reagents are almost never there, and when they are there someone usually buys them before you can click the button to complete the transaction.

I wish they'd stop price fixing and allow players to set their own prices. Then there would be an economic incentive for people to farm reagents. As it is, you get so little gold from these things that no one will bother.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
windrunner585 on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
I've been on that quest for over a year. I finally collected all the fossils, and now I'm stuck on aether. I need 13 more aether and only have enough kelp to transmute two. It's very frustrating that the Bazaar isn't more useful. The needed reagents are almost never there, and when they are there someone usually buys them before you can click the button to complete the transaction.

I wish they'd stop price fixing and allow players to set their own prices. Then there would be an economic incentive for people to farm reagents. As it is, you get so little gold from these things that no one will bother.
I collect Kelp in the Crustation Empire area in Celestia. If you work the beginning area you can collect 4 doing a big circle around and back to the teleport area, then change realms and repeat.

Mary

Survivor
Apr 15, 2013
Hey guys,

I am assuming that you are not gardeners? I get most of my reagents from gardening and supplement with the Bazaar, or Transmuting. This quest took me one day to complete coz I had to wait for crafting slots to cool.

You guys should try it. Out blog "Wizards Keep" has tons of info and I completed this quest last week - and blogged on it.

Good Luck!
Tabitha

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Seethe's reply pretty much sums it up -- though I have also found just hanging out in the Bazaar to get the fossils is easier than doing them all through transmute. You can usually get one or two if you are patient and refresh often.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I just wanted to update that I finally finished the spirit drums, and the remaining crafting quests were very easy. I got the promethean crafting badge two days later. It only took that long because I was waiting on cooldowns. I had to buy a bunch of reagents from the Bazaar, which was very expensive, but much preferable to riding around in circles for days. If you finish the spirit drums, you're in the home stretch.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2012
That quest... I still have bad memories from it. I prefer Stone Town for Fossil, Sunstone, and Black Pearl farming. The Aether is a rather common drop from the Gladiator or you can fight angler thugs in the Deep Warrens. They drop kelp commonly and occasionally aether. The rest of the reagents are in the bazaar. It might be to your advantage to hang out at the bazaar for a bit. You might get lucky and find some sunstone, aether, or fossil.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2009
I was on that quest for only about a week tops, just camped out the bazaar XD

Blaze Legend 93

Explorer
Aug 13, 2013
this quest took me a while, maybe 2 weeks but that was a really long time ago and i was questing most of that time so ya isn't it just wonderful how evil the quest can be when not done properly