Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Headmaster Ambrose: The Real Villain?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
Hi everyone!
I've just been thinking whether or not Malistaire was the REAL villain in the game. I noticed that Headmater Ambrose could possibly be hiding some sort of evil plot. Think about it:
  • He's got complete control over Ravenwood, the Ravenwood staff, and all of his students. Could he be using the students to make an evil army of wizards? He basically has his students do his bidding throughout the Spiral, and has them do things such as murdering people, some of which tend to be innocent, such as the Gobblers. No offense to the headmaster, but doesn't his stare just freak you out a little? His face looks just a little scary to me, not to mention the monocle that adds to the effect. Everytime you finished a street in Wizard City, or another world in the Spiral, the headmaster had to be told all about it. It's almost like he's ruling over the people of Wizard City, and forcing them to tell him what's going on.
Why did Malistaire REALLY leave Ravenwood? And how did the "greatest life teacher of all time" REALLY die?

My theory is that Sylvia Drake found out about Ambrose's plans, and tried confronting him about it. Ambrose's plan must have been so important, that he poisoned Sylvia beyond anyone's ability to heal her just to keep his secrets safe. Later on, Sylvia revealed Ambrose's plot to Malistaire before her death. Malistaire broke away from the school, and wreaked chaos in Wizard City, and other worlds in order to bring his wife back to life so that they could rebel against Ambrose together. With the power of life and death, the two would be almost unstopable against Ambrose.

So is the Headmaster on the good side, or is he evil? I'll leave that up to you to decide! See ya!

-Emiy SpritEyes-

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Although you raise good points about how often Headmaster Ambrose sends us into perilous conditions with seemingly no regret or afterthought, I don't think it's anything diabolical.

I just think he knows who will get the job done.

And besides, there are faster, simpler ways to be an evil mastermind bent on Spiral domination than playing it safe for several hundred years, keeping your true intent hidden from all your friends and colleagues, founding a school of wizardry, recruiting faculty, and overseeing all its operations, and then when you've lulled everyone into blind trust, you spring into HAHAEVILMODE action.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Please don't go all Cornelius Fudge on us...
/harrypotter reference

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Robobot1747 on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
/harrypotter reference
Lol, remember Mad-Eye Moody? That escalated quickly.

I truly do believe that there is much more to the whole plot than anyone has let on thus far. But, interestingly enough, most of the major villains' names have all started with M: Malistaire, Morganthe, Mithraya, (Sir) Malory, Mika Skarka....could Merle be somewhere on that list?

As far as conspiracy theories, it's much more likely that Malistaire killed Sylvia himself (whether accidentally or intentionally). OR Morganthe did: if you've seen the dream sequence in K2, you'll see that they have a history, and that the altercation ended badly for Morganthe.... which, IMHO, gives her a motive for revenge.

(clearly, i watch way too much csi... and read far too many clue books as a child)

-von

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Warning: This post contains spoilers from Khrysalis!

I still believe that Ambrose is good. After all, in the duel between Morganthe and Malistaire, who stopped them from killing each other? Ambrose. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Merle save all of Ravenwood and most of Wizard City from destruction by Morganthe? Why would he have done that if he wasn't evil? Finally, Headmaster Ambrose calls you to his office alone many times. If he was evil, wouldn't he have just finished you there and then?

However, I do believe it would be a great plot twist if he sent you to another world by force. Or maybe I would feel just a little safer if I knew his backstory. How did he become headmaster? It all seems just a bit shifty to me.
William Deathhead, still level 88 , can't wait for shadow spells.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
In my opinion i think it would be pretty cool if Ambrose died and we had to fight to like the undead realm. And then when we got there we found Morganthe, and Malistaire, and Ambrose were all cool with each other and then the true villain appeared and at the end of that world once you finally get to where the three of them are there would be a dungeon to go stop the true villain which could be like one of the teachers, or like the myth teacher, cause in my opinion he has always been really rude to me when i got talk to him :P but that's just my opinion on this topic. Hope it ends up being a good one though.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
A Death Scholar on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
Warning: This post contains spoilers from Khrysalis!

I still believe that Ambrose is good. After all, in the duel between Morganthe and Malistaire, who stopped them from killing each other? Ambrose. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Merle save all of Ravenwood and most of Wizard City from destruction by Morganthe? Why would he have done that if he wasn't evil? Finally, Headmaster Ambrose calls you to his office alone many times. If he was evil, wouldn't he have just finished you there and then?

However, I do believe it would be a great plot twist if he sent you to another world by force. Or maybe I would feel just a little safer if I knew his backstory. How did he become headmaster? It all seems just a bit shifty to me.
William Deathhead, still level 88 , can't wait for shadow spells.
but maybe Morganthe was helping Ambrose and then she got sick of malistare and decided to kill him. but Ambrose stopped her for his evil purposes

after all morgan in camelot is the good one (i think)

and ambrose looks like a perv

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
Its only a theory.

We may never know....

Survivor
Apr 22, 2012
Robobot1747 on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
/harrypotter reference
I agree fellow Potterhead

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
the power of shadow has been around for longer then most would know and is and has been over looked by almost all. It was the will of the shadow to use Morganthe to kill Sylvia Drake and enslave Malistaire to send shock waves through light by summoning the fire titan. Did Morganthe not also summon her minion Malistaire in Azteca? to do her bidding too.

Did not ........ (left nameless so as not to spoil too much) will Morganthe to do what she did so someone strong enough would come and free them and save the spiral from Morganthe. Even the darkest shadow needs the brightest light to grow.

Evil hmm ...... to the shadow light is evil and to light the shadow is evil so who is really evil?

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
When I first read this post, I though, "Wow, how dramatic!" but then, when I started to think about it, I realized that you had a point! However, I think that Ambrose probably isn't really evil, at least, not in the fullest sense of the word. What I sometimes think is that he's quite lazy, sending us out to do his (questionable) bidding, and everything else too, while he just hangs out in his office levitating his staff. He also lets us learn magic that could tear apart the Spiral, but I think that's only rather irresponsible.
On the other hand, your conspiracist thoughts on Ambrose gave me an idea for a third story arc. Perhaps it could be revealed that Ambrose has been mind-controlled by another, third villain for the entire game. Who knows?
Jesse Drakebreaker Adept
Thomas Darkstaff Initiate

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
ginelle death flam... on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
but maybe Morganthe was helping Ambrose and then she got sick of malistare and decided to kill him. but Ambrose stopped her for his evil purposes

after all morgan in camelot is the good one (i think)

and ambrose looks like a perv
Actually, Morganthe got banned from Ravenwood because Malistaire got her in trouble for messing around with the astral schools and other magic she's not supposed to be into. Ambrose took her deck and wand away for dueling with Malistaire (Morganthe and Malistaire dueled, due to Morganthe's stubborness). So, she has more of a revenge debt on Ambrose.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
He could have all kinds of evil stuff in that room blocked by the books xP

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
headmaster is mean he doesnt know how to do anything