Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't level up

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
I can't level up my wizard and can't do any of my quests because I keep dying. What should I do?

Jennifer Angleheart 49

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
XD Queen on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
I can't level up my wizard and can't do any of my quests because I keep dying. What should I do?

Jennifer Angleheart 49
Sadly at a certain point in the game the newness wears off, the happy go lucky questing flies out the window, our mounts fly a little lower and serious creeps in on us. We either shape up or ship out.

You are currently at a level that must start to get all your ducks in a row for the long haul ahead - assuming you are going to take on this mission it's time to reevaluate your wizard and maybe even your play style.

Are your spells current? Hows that cool looking gear compared to that mismatched better stats stuff, get your pips and damage up a bit? Hit the Bazaar, sell what you don't need to keep and buy better gear across the board. Have you started working with 2 decks, one for mob fights one for bosses - parred down to meet the need, not bursting at the seams with spells? Stick some TC's in the side decks for back up. Can a pet add value to your game play? Death relies heavily on blades and traps and it's great drain spells to walk away from fights with the same health you enter with - work that to death - pun intended.

In the end you really just have to figure out what the death school has to offer you in potential. It is one of my fav to play schools. Sure you can't solo everything or would want to but you should be able to hold your own in more of the Spiral then other schools with a little less effort.

Lastly is confidence - you need to build a wizard that isn't afraid of a defeat here and there and you can learn from that.

Mary

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Northlite on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
Sadly at a certain point in the game the newness wears off, the happy go lucky questing flies out the window, our mounts fly a little lower and serious creeps in on us. We either shape up or ship out.

You are currently at a level that must start to get all your ducks in a row for the long haul ahead - assuming you are going to take on this mission it's time to reevaluate your wizard and maybe even your play style.

Are your spells current? Hows that cool looking gear compared to that mismatched better stats stuff, get your pips and damage up a bit? Hit the Bazaar, sell what you don't need to keep and buy better gear across the board. Have you started working with 2 decks, one for mob fights one for bosses - parred down to meet the need, not bursting at the seams with spells? Stick some TC's in the side decks for back up. Can a pet add value to your game play? Death relies heavily on blades and traps and it's great drain spells to walk away from fights with the same health you enter with - work that to death - pun intended.

In the end you really just have to figure out what the death school has to offer you in potential. It is one of my fav to play schools. Sure you can't solo everything or would want to but you should be able to hold your own in more of the Spiral then other schools with a little less effort.

Lastly is confidence - you need to build a wizard that isn't afraid of a defeat here and there and you can learn from that.

Mary
Okay, Thank you.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2012
You can repeat the repeatable dungeons if you haven't already. Get high level friends to join you in a pagoda and winterbane so it'll be the 40 and up enemies inside. Completing both of those will help out and they'll reward you for full xp twice as well. It all depends on who the lowest lvl one is and if it's you, you'll get into the 40 and up.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
1- Gear. At 45 and 50 you can get some nice damage, health & pip boost. At 52-54 you get better wands, and at 56 you get universal resist, with some crit, block, and stacking buffs (crafted). If you have any item that doesn't give you some kind of stat boost, replace it. Don't worry too much about looks. By level 60 everything will change, then you can stitch or whatever.

2- Tactics - by DS you need to use prisms fighting same school monsters, use blades and traps effectively, and use your drain spells to keep your health up. Keep your deck small so you can get what you need fast. There shouldn't be any extra shields or low level attacks you won't use. Trap, blade, Vampire, or Trap, trap, blade Wraith until you get Scarecrow. Train Strong (in CL base camp) the moment you hit level 50.

3- Pet. It's worth investing in a pet that has at least spell proof and a heal. If it gives a buff or some other helpful spell, even better. You don't need a perfect uber mega pet, but you should start working on a basic one if you haven't.