Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening good or bad?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
Ahh gardening a great pastime in wiz101 but does anybody think it takes up lots of precious energy to train pets? well what's your idea on the topic because you never are going to know what other people think on the subject.

Hunter G. expert gardener

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
Love it!

I keep a garden of EMPs and recently a few sword ferns. I get many many mega snacks from these plants and tc blades. I will never need a mega snack pack again. If I need to craft an item and I'm short on reagents gardening is a great way to gain the items (although slowly)

Also they are super cute and fun to watch.

To conserve energy you can alternate planting and pet training, after your plants reach elder, go train, and then replant when you are out of snacks again.

If you are a serious gardener/pet trainer, I would suggest investing in some of the gear that provides extra energy. Many items can be obtained in game for free as drops such as baconator or splendid gear. If this still isn't enough there is high energy gear available in the card packs ex: green warden energetic gear in the Wyverns hoard packs. (My energy gear of choice)

Calamity PixieShade, level 100

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
con1757 on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
Ahh gardening a great pastime in wiz101 but does anybody think it takes up lots of precious energy to train pets? well what's your idea on the topic because you never are going to know what other people think on the subject.

this has been posted before... with requests to change it. it will not change. You have to manage your gardening health just like your wizard's health and mana.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Your post makes little sense. Gardening is great but pets use a lot of energy? Where's the connection? Gardening only needs to be done once in a while. I generally check mine once a day, but even that often isn't needed. I manage to train pets just fine. Gardening allows me to train pets much faster because of all the 100's of mega-snacks my gardens give me each week.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I garden for necessity. Not only for TCs that I can sell for gold, but for the rank 9 mega snacks for my pets. Plus, I have 60 King Parsley for amber.

One of my wizards has 4 gardens at one house. Not all of them are full, but once in a while I like to use a variety of seeds just for fun, but for the most part, I have a garden of Evil Magma Peas and a garden of King Parsley.

It does take up a lot of energy, but I do have my gardening gear, which gives me 156 energy on my best gardener. I use the leftover energy for pet training. Since I generally don't take pets past adult/ancient (unless they look really good), I have plenty for what I need.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Gardening is a great way to get snacks, reagents, and gold. It's best if you use one wizard for gardening and another for pet training, that way your energy doesn't run out.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
Well my opinion. I love it! why it's a great way to get a bunch of tc and pet snacks and gold when I don't have a membership! now I have a couple of plants such as a alligator pear tree (gives a mega snack and polymorph mander tc plus 300 xp each harvest) pink dandylion, pbc, king parsley and snap dragon.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012

Yea, I don't garden cause
1. i need energy for pets
2. It takes up a lot of time
3. It doesn't matter in the long run
4. its boring (thats my opinion)

Angela Gem, Level 100
Katie GoldFountain, Level 49
Kaitlyn Glade, Level 25
Nicole StarSmith, Level 24
Christina SummerWraith, Level 14
Olivia Cloud, Level 10

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I can't speak for anyone else, but my self-esteem went up a notch the day I reached Verdant Gardener. Other than that, it was a day, just like any other day.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
Am so happy I reached adept gardener rank now I can plant those also if you don't like gardening give it a try it's great for PvP and tc it may take up a lot of gold and energy but it's wroth it in the end

Hunter G. and adept gardener (rank 8)

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
YOU choose yourself. You can ask me for my story while I'm on Wizard101 or Pirate101.
I'm waiting even this moment for someone to ask me.

Brought to you by Elijah (lvl 36 and Grandmaster gardener on Wizard101, I'm usually asking for help to get money to hatch an egg)
Dylan Otway lvl (maybe 6 or 7) on Pirate101 ( on Pirate101 look for free areas because I'm not a member on
Pirate101)

Survivor
May 31, 2014

Oh my gosh.. Gardening is REALLY helpful! It gives you mega snacks (for specific plants), reagents, and re-seeds! Please do not give up in gardening, it is very helpful. And for the pet training, you can either 1. Wait till you lvl up again because you're energy refills, or 2. Just wait till it fills up and then pet train (I would suggest doing this step on grub gaurdian so you don't HAVE to go on wiz just to train your pet. Well, I hope this helped! Well.. In a way...

Survivor
Mar 25, 2010

A solution to this is to use multiple wizards. Currently, I'm gardening to make money and snacks on one of my wizards, and training pets on another one.