Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Important Issue - Fire Elf modified damage

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Hello,

I came to bring up an important issue. Well, after the last update (or before the last one, I can't remember) the Fire Elf spell had its damage increased, as everyone must know, and although it is good for our Fire friends, it is not good at all for normal battling in the streets, like in Krokotopia.

What happens is that the base damage is just too much for us to be able to take (100 + 210 = 310 for a two pip spell, not even storm got such damage compared to pip cost, which is 245~285), especially in the very beginning of our journey, and it makes the ordinary battling a struggle.

So, I do believe these spells should be reviewed in order to offer a better game experience and equality for those players who are starting to play and us who plays it already. Thus, I think the old damage should return, but mobs only, the damage remains the same for wizards.

Please let me know what the comunnity thinks of it!

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
No

The damage is fine as is, yes fire elf is a little overpowered but at least now if you have a shield up the first hit doesn't seem to be as much of waste as it was before the update to the new damage.

-The RavenCatcher

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
It's only 50 damage man, get over it. It does more damage per pip because it's a DOT.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
There is nothing wrong with the spell being boosted the way it was.

What is a problem is now bosses/mobs that never cast this spell cast it constantly. That needs to be fixed, not the spell strength.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
RavenLady777 on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
There is nothing wrong with the spell being boosted the way it was.

What is a problem is now bosses/mobs that never cast this spell cast it constantly. That needs to be fixed, not the spell strength.
As I said, I didn't ask them to change the spell strength, please re-read what I said and you will see that I didn't mean it.

Maybe reducing the cast frequency would work too.

Thanks all for your thoughts.

Survivor
May 31, 2014
SrEdu on May 31, 2014 wrote:
Hello,

I came to bring up an important issue. Well, after the last update (or before the last one, I can't remember) the Fire Elf spell had its damage increased, as everyone must know, and although it is good for our Fire friends, it is not good at all for normal battling in the streets, like in Krokotopia.

What happens is that the base damage is just too much for us to be able to take (100 + 210 = 310 for a two pip spell, not even storm got such damage compared to pip cost, which is 245~285), especially in the very beginning of our journey, and it makes the ordinary battling a struggle.

So, I do believe these spells should be reviewed in order to offer a better game experience and equality for those players who are starting to play and us who plays it already. Thus, I think the old damage should return, but mobs only, the damage remains the same for wizards.

Um... I'm sorry to say this, but I disagree with you.

For starters, fire is damage over time. Storm is for high damage hits. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they never said storm had the strongest spells. For example, fire has the strongest per pip spell: Heckhound. It does 135 damage OVER TIME. So, going back to fire elf, if the mob had 240 health, you wouldn't want to wait the whole 4 rounds for all the ticks to finish damaging the opponent, you would want to hurry it up! Though, in some cases (other than mob battles and such), I would agree with you. I'm not sure about this because I've never experienced it, but maybe in pvp it gives and advantage to fire players (not sure...?). Anyways, hope this was a good opinion based.. Statement, I guess. Good luck, everyone in the spiral, with your wizardly adventures!

Survivor
May 31, 2014
SrEdu on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
As I said, I didn't ask them to change the spell strength, please re-read what I said and you will see that I didn't mean it.

Maybe reducing the cast frequency would work too.

Thanks all for your thoughts.
Oh I am so sorry if my post got passed and uploaded on this page. I didn't see what you said there.. Sorry again if what I put was an incorrect statement.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Poke bow on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
Oh I am so sorry if my post got passed and uploaded on this page. I didn't see what you said there.. Sorry again if what I put was an incorrect statement.
No problem.

I just wanted to say that I find Fire Elf's current damage a bit overpowered, taking into account its usage by the mobs against us.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
SrEdu on May 31, 2014 wrote:
Hello,

Yea, its a bit overpowered. But I think it should probably stay the same. Since it is over 3 rounds, you still have a chance to kill the mob before the elf kills you.

Angela Gem, Level 100

Katie GoldFountain, Level 49

Survivor
Nov 03, 2012
I think both mobs and players should deserve fire elf's true power.

Besides, each school already gets a way to counter the DoT anyway.

It all depends on how you can deal with the situation put upon you.