Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets refusing to heal?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I have a snow beast at mega with may cast fairy, and I used it from level 1 to level 50, and I use it while I PvP. However, it feels like my pet's at ancient, and it doesn't have may cast fairy, because it has healed three times. Three times, from level 1-50, and 50 pvp matches, it has only healed 3 times. Why will my pet not heal? I've tried everything from saying "Good Boy!" to feeding it items, but literally nothing works. Why?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Noohb on May 19, 2014 wrote:
I have a snow beast at mega with may cast fairy, and I used it from level 1 to level 50, and I use it while I PvP. However, it feels like my pet's at ancient, and it doesn't have may cast fairy, because it has healed three times. Three times, from level 1-50, and 50 pvp matches, it has only healed 3 times. Why will my pet not heal? I've tried everything from saying "Good Boy!" to feeding it items, but literally nothing works. Why?
It's all random, and KI did nerf the heal rates. I've got a Cupig that has healed maybe 5 times over the course of several years. Needless to say, I don't train or equip it anymore. By the way, that "good boy" stuff does not help.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
Yeah dude its all random happenstance. my star fish has the spritely ability and he heals me once or twice every 5 battles or so. most of my battles are short but for longer hauls he heals alot. its all luck.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2013
Pets tend to grow on you. They seem to just wake up, then they are activated, sometimes they get tired and need to go in the back-pack for a rest.

I have very active healers, this is what i do, your milage may vary.

1) start with parents that heal well.
2) Dogs, wolves and hounds make the best healers. (my opinion) , dragons are next.
3) train the intellect above 100 (but not much more, like not more than 105, and not before ancient)
4) feed --> to teen : 1@cherry tomato, 1@golden wheat, 1@captain (in that order)
5) double to adult (in same order)
6) if you don't get a pair of good talents at adult, keep hatching until you do.

When you get a pet with good abilities at adult, stop there and back it up (make another just like it)
When you have a good backup, keep going. you will fail at epic and mega sometimes, so just keep that in mind. when it happens, get your backup out, make another backup and move on in a positive way.

First generation pets are full of selfish / useless talent; they also behave like they have lobotomies. You need to hatch it out of them. It takes 5 or 6 to get to the point where you have a good backup.

When the pet is worthy to take to mega, take it to the practice arena and give it time to breath its first breath. (sometimes a week to wake up a pet. again, dogs seem smarter about healing and picking it up faster)

If it is a good healer, take it to mega. after mega, top-off the intellect.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
There are a lot of false superstitions, but every may-cast ability has the same base rate on any pet that has it. Nothing you do in play or training makes any difference at all. No pet is better than any other at healing given the same talents. On one day or in a certain fight one might be better than another, but over time it will even out. It is all chance.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
BarneStormer on May 26, 2014 wrote:
Pets tend to grow on you. They seem to just wake up, then they are activated, sometimes they get tired and need to go in the back-pack for a rest.

I have very active healers, this is what i do, your milage may vary.

1) start with parents that heal well.
2) Dogs, wolves and hounds make the best healers. (my opinion) , dragons are next.
3) train the intellect above 100 (but not much more, like not more than 105, and not before ancient)
4) feed --> to teen : 1@cherry tomato, 1@golden wheat, 1@captain (in that order)
5) double to adult (in same order)
6) if you don't get a pair of good talents at adult, keep hatching until you do.

When you get a pet with good abilities at adult, stop there and back it up (make another just like it)
When you have a good backup, keep going. you will fail at epic and mega sometimes, so just keep that in mind. when it happens, get your backup out, make another backup and move on in a positive way.

First generation pets are full of selfish / useless talent; they also behave like they have lobotomies. You need to hatch it out of them. It takes 5 or 6 to get to the point where you have a good backup.

When the pet is worthy to take to mega, take it to the practice arena and give it time to breath its first breath. (sometimes a week to wake up a pet. again, dogs seem smarter about healing and picking it up faster)

If it is a good healer, take it to mega. after mega, top-off the intellect.
Where did you get that from?

Survivor
Apr 30, 2013
Kyle SeaHunter on May 26, 2014 wrote:
Where did you get that from?
it is observation. Simply stated. It doesn't mean literally. So to be more clear, you have to test your pet over time. You will need to see how it does over time. when it stops, then (put it aside for a while).

Some pets are simply better healers. My best healers happen to be dogs and dragons. So if you can get past my bad allegory, then the examples i left below are good techniques to bring a pet to mega . . and with good talents; they encourage certain talents to appear by feeding them. damage and critical need will and agility, for example.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
BarneStormer on May 28, 2014 wrote:
it is observation. Simply stated. It doesn't mean literally. So to be more clear, you have to test your pet over time. You will need to see how it does over time. when it stops, then (put it aside for a while).

Some pets are simply better healers. My best healers happen to be dogs and dragons. So if you can get past my bad allegory, then the examples i left below are good techniques to bring a pet to mega . . and with good talents; they encourage certain talents to appear by feeding them. damage and critical need will and agility, for example.
That's been proved false, sorry. Training and snacks do not affect what talents you get, or how often may casts happen.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
BarneStormer on May 28, 2014 wrote:

The problem is they are all just superstitions. All talents are set upon hatching, the snacks you feed them won't ever change the talents they learn. If you don't believe me, try it in Test Realm some time. Train a pet that you already own in both test and real. No matter what you feed it or how you train it it will always get the exact same talent in both. All healing talents are unaffected by stats and level or saying anything to them. They all have exactly the same chances for casting the same spells. A teen pet of any type with Fairy and no stats trained up will cast it just as often as a Mega with 250 in all stats.