Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 03, 2014
Okay this just came to me while at home playing the game. Why not have new housing items at the beginning of the game like costumizable signs for houses when you get them or a sofa, a larger bed and finally should the dorms be any larger you can't find much room... please respond.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
sparkleeden on May 18, 2014 wrote:
Okay this just came to me while at home playing the game. Why not have new housing items at the beginning of the game like costumizable signs for houses when you get them or a sofa, a larger bed and finally should the dorms be any larger you can't find much room... please respond.

Look in the Crowns shop. There are customizable signs for sale already.
There are sofas available.
There are a bunch of different beds in the game as well.
And the dorms are fine; they are small because at the beginning of the game you don't have many possessions. After level 15, buy a house.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
RavenLady777 on May 19, 2014 wrote:
Look in the Crowns shop. There are customizable signs for sale already.
There are sofas available.
There are a bunch of different beds in the game as well.
And the dorms are fine; they are small because at the beginning of the game you don't have many possessions. After level 15, buy a house.
they have sofas, but not very many

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Wouldn't it be fun if the items we placed in our houses had an actual use? I think it would be cool if we could actually sit in chairs and in beds and if friends were able to ride mounts that we place in our homes. Also, it would be really cool if friends could interact with our pets to help the pets gain XP.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
ZolaMay13 on May 25, 2014 wrote:
Wouldn't it be fun if the items we placed in our houses had an actual use? I think it would be cool if we could actually sit in chairs and in beds and if friends were able to ride mounts that we place in our homes. Also, it would be really cool if friends could interact with our pets to help the pets gain XP.
You have been around long enough to know that sitting and especially laying down will never happen in this game. EVER.

The mounts idea would be fun as would being interactive with our pets.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2011
I totally agree. I also think it would be amazing to be able to resize items in order to allow them to fit the different castle/house sizes. some items look great in one house, only to look under or oversized in others.
This is especially for statues and things where there are existing pedestals built into a home. Also, I want to see MORE housing items added, specifically wallpapers and floor tiles. I would love options.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
There are some interactive instruments, as well as other things available in the Crown Shop. (for gold, don't worry)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's already been said by KI that sitting and laying down in chairs and beds will never happen.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
I understand not wanting beds and chairs able to be used inappropriately, but making them open only to one wizard at a time (like mounts) would solve that problem.

In b4 "we won't be doing THAT" thread lock lol.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Just wanna point out...
Sleeping/beds on their own are not suggestive in any way on their own. Yes, people could use them inappropriately, but people can also use text chat inappropriately (cursing around the filters). Another note is that adding useable beds would not affect the game's rating, ESRB ratings are solely content-based, in-game interactions are impossible to rate and are not included.

Survivor
May 22, 2011
For Example, If we could have the ability to sit or sleep on the beds.
It will look like this 'Interact with bed PRESS X' Then after, you can pick the action you would like to do
((Sleep OR Sit))

Also a couple of more objects that has this option.
Chair: 'Interact With Chair PRESS X' And your character is now sitting down.
Bench: 'Interact With Bench PRESS X' It will be similar along with the chair.
Stool Char: 'Interact With Chair' Similar with chair, once again.
Couch: 'Interact With Couch PRESS X' Your character will sit onto the couch, and maybe with another wizard!

I think it'll be a wonderful idea!

~ Amy Rose LVL 58

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
DaveStriderAndHisA... on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
For Example, If we could have the ability to sit or sleep on the beds.
It will look like this 'Interact with bed PRESS X' Then after, you can pick the action you would like to do
((Sleep OR Sit))

Also a couple of more objects that has this option.
Chair: 'Interact With Chair PRESS X' And your character is now sitting down.
Bench: 'Interact With Bench PRESS X' It will be similar along with the chair.
Stool Char: 'Interact With Chair' Similar with chair, once again.
Couch: 'Interact With Couch PRESS X' Your character will sit onto the couch, and maybe with another wizard!

I think it'll be a wonderful idea!

~ Amy Rose LVL 58
This question has been asked, and answered MANY times. Zeke has said:

"Please take a moment to re-read your post and remember this is a game rated E10. Players will NOT be laying on beds.

As for other ways to interact with furniture, this is an often suggested idea that we have on our list of things to consider for the future."

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/do-wizards-sleep-4653/151942?fromSearchResult=true#151942

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/no-interaction-24436/129641?fromSearchResult=true#129641

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/beds-chairs-and-benches-33409/185297?fromSearchResult=true#185297

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
This idea has been mentioned many times, and has been confirmed many times that it will NOT happen. I don't understand why KI keeps letting things like this keep getting posted on the Message Boards.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
Awesome idea! Except it would be more of an interactive game than an online game.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Dmlem28 on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
Awesome idea! Except it would be more of an interactive game than an online game.
See all the answers and links posted.
This will never happen.

Defender
May 11, 2012
Dmlem28 on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
We cannot do this, because there are some wizards in the game that would use this function for inappropriate behavior. There is already a big enough problem with wizards discussing inappropriate subjects and using profane language around the filters in the game. Sorry, but this is one of those situations where the possible bad behavior of a few has lost the chance of this option for the rest of us.

Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79

Survivor
Jun 18, 2011
I think it would benefit us all if we could interact with the furniture. For an example: sitting on chairs and/or couches, lying on beds, pick up tea cups, etc. These examples can make more and more people join Wizard101. You already have a wonderful battling system but for those who would like to take a break from battling and join friends in their homes can be a little improved. There are people out there that stand at their castle playing games, visiting friends, and interacting with each other. If you could make crowns items that may also be purchasable with gold, you can make a huge profit and your wizards would also be very happy.
I would like to ask if you could give the idea a thought.

- A huge fan of Wizard101