Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is a level 27 death too early to get in mooshu?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2014
I had gotten in mooshu soloing everything till east counterweight. I can handle myself mostly, as the test of strength, I am asking this just because I don't want to get owned by a regular enemy. I am a level 27 death,SpiritShade

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ultimatemagic1 on May 18, 2014 wrote:
I had gotten in mooshu soloing everything till east counterweight. I can handle myself mostly, as the test of strength, I am asking this just because I don't want to get owned by a regular enemy. I am a level 27 death,SpiritShade
You'll find out soon enough. If you're getting clobbered, go back and do the side quests you obviously skipped.
Quicker is not always better in this game... being a higher level has advantages.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
just some friendly advice but its best if you get around lvl 30 or so. Better spells will help you alot more as MS goes on. The regular guys wont be a problem but the onis might clobber you. Do some side quests and you should be doing fine. Best of luck

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
I joined at 23, you'll be fine.

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
It's better to be higher than lower in my opinion, I'm a level 65 in CL and I just easily soloed the Chancel and the Trial of the Spheres.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2014
Yierro on May 24, 2014 wrote:
I joined at 23, you'll be fine.
23, how can you even get that low?

Survivor
Dec 25, 2012
I wouldn't worry but at bosses ask people and friends to help you on bosses thats what I did and the xp you get helps you lvl up quicker so when you get father though it you will be able to solo it and your a death so you should be fine.
Paul Sunblade (Level 35)

Survivor
Dec 25, 2012
Also it depends on how well you make deck(s) it becomes a art of sort.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
27 is not bad i went when i was lvl 30 partly cuz i didnt rush and i took my time to no its not a bad lvl

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
If you play the game very well and/or have people who can help/carry you though the spiral, go for it. KI lowered the levels on upper worlds for those who prefer to speed quest.

My Death soloed every thing though to the Trial of Spheres, which another Death helped me with, mainly so it would go faster, then I soloed to almost the end Zafaria where I quit questing with that wizard and made another, Avalon was not out yet. I took all quests and sides accept for the optional towers. I don't remember being defeated once.

The only thing I can say is at level 48 you get Scarecrow - it's a big help with Celestia and Wintertusk. Celestia introduces Critical and Block, low level gear does not provide either, altho that may have changed.

Mary

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
What!? i was level 35 to 37 starting mooshu and 28 starting marleybone so in my opinion you are very underleveled
May the fire shine bright
Austin Firecaster Exalted Pyromancer

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Its not too early, you might survive. However, I do recommend doing some side quests to level up to level 30.

Angela Gem, Level 100

Katie GoldFountain, Level 49

Survivor
Mar 23, 2014
well you are a death so your powerful but get a life or have loads of death prisims for tree of life death oni is in there

never say oni/roar said the moose moose said the roar

Tristan Dawnmask lvl 32 magus thergist

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
There is never an early level to MooShu! You can get there after beating the Big Ben dungeon. Level 27 does sound early though, you must not of done a lot of side quests, as people usually get to MooShu around Level 35 - 40, but there is not an early level for it.

~ Blaze, Level 40 Balance Wizard.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I very much suggest you go back and do side quests. When I first started I didn't realize you didn't have to do all of the quests so I did EVERY one I came across. I was always such a high level compared to most of my friends. I'm not even halfway through Avalon at level 80. Its also easier as a higher level going through places. Especially when you get a higher level it will be A LOT easier to beat enemies as a higher level. (And don't you have to be lv. 48 to get into Celestia? )
Hoped this helped?

-Jordan Dragonshard lv. 80 Thaumaturge & Kelly Moonshard lv.42
"I don't believe it."
"And that is why you fail."
~Luke and Yoda in Dagobah

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Jordan Dragonshard on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
I very much suggest you go back and do side quests. When I first started I didn't realize you didn't have to do all of the quests so I did EVERY one I came across. I was always such a high level compared to most of my friends. I'm not even halfway through Avalon at level 80. Its also easier as a higher level going through places. Especially when you get a higher level it will be A LOT easier to beat enemies as a higher level. (And don't you have to be lv. 48 to get into Celestia? )
Hoped this helped?

-Jordan Dragonshard lv. 80 Thaumaturge & Kelly Moonshard lv.42
"I don't believe it."
"And that is why you fail."
~Luke and Yoda in Dagobah
They lowered it to 44 for Celestia, most people choose this point to finish GH and WT to level up anyways, because the big jump in difficulty from DS to Celestia

Survivor
Sep 20, 2010
I got into mooshu at about level 26 as i finished everywhere early and didn't like to do any side quests even though i picked them upon the way. I am a level 45 ice wizard and have just defeated the death oni and the only problem i ever had in mooshu was defeating Fushiko (is fushiko a side quest by the way? i completely forgot but i've defeated her now). but i don't think level 27 is too early as everyone does things differently.

Kaitlyn Ironhammer, Master Thaumaturge, level 45

Survivor
Jul 06, 2014
Well i am a level 20 oni slayer wasn't that hard to defeat him you should fine.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2010
Autumn Lifegem on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
I got into mooshu at about level 26 as i finished everywhere early and didn't like to do any side quests even though i picked them upon the way. I am a level 45 ice wizard and have just defeated the death oni and the only problem i ever had in mooshu was defeating Fushiko (is fushiko a side quest by the way? i completely forgot but i've defeated her now). but i don't think level 27 is too early as everyone does things differently.

Kaitlyn Ironhammer, Master Thaumaturge, level 45
Just remembered and was told by a friend, i was level 40, i just moved to Dragonspyre level 46, i still think you'll be fine! :P

Survivor
Nov 11, 2012
I don't think it is too early. One of my good friends enter around the same level as you. I think it also depends on your secondary class.