Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shops question

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 30, 2013
Okay, I am trying to understand how the shops work. I picked a realm and area where I am the only one in the shop, but I go to buy something and its already sold. So, my question is: Are the shops for a particular realm, regardless of the number of areas linked or how does that work?

Administrator
The answer you seek is right in our Player Guide, young Wizard.

https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/trade-shopping4

Wizard101 has a Bazaar!
Olde Town is the place to be - there you will find the Bazaar. Players are able to sell their extra items to a new shopkeeper named Elik Silverfist. That's me on the left! I'll pay you the value in gold for the item based on supply and demand. If I already have lots of the item you are selling me then I will pay you less gold for yours. If I'm low or out of stock on the item you are selling, I will pay you more gold!

This also means that if I have lots of an item already in my inventory, I will sell it for a lower price, and if I only have a few, or one, I will sell the item for a much higher price! All prices are based on my current stock of items, so shop often for that special bargain, young Wizards! And don't worry, if someone sells an item on Wu Realm, and you're on Pixie, you'll see it in my inventory - I've got all the Realms covered!

community@wizard101.com