Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wyvern hoard

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 03, 2014
Bought many packs when they were on sale, got 95% trees. This is, in my opinion, a rip off. If the generator truly is random, then the odds of this happening are astronomical. Hence, the generator is not random and is programmed to give a high number of useless items. Either way, until I hear different, my crowns will stay in my account and my wallet will not buy anymore.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
ghowriter on May 8, 2014 wrote:
Bought many packs when they were on sale, got 95% trees. This is, in my opinion, a rip off. If the generator truly is random, then the odds of this happening are astronomical. Hence, the generator is not random and is programmed to give a high number of useless items. Either way, until I hear different, my crowns will stay in my account and my wallet will not buy anymore.
This is an issue talked about all the time. Let me give you an example of how it works. Take note, these numbers are not true. (Also keep in mind, the pack never guarantees anything, only a chance at getting something).

Tree- 80% drop rate
Wand- 40% drop rate
Gear- 20% drop rate
Gold Wyvern- 5% drop rate
Purple Wyvern- 2% drop rate

Again, these are not the true percentage, but to show, for each pack you buy, there is a higher chance of getting common items compared to ultra-rare items. Mounts are ultra-rare, therefore, it is VERY rare to get that drop. The amount of packs bought does not affect what you get, as well. The drop rates are based on that one moment of buying one pack. And starts over for the next pack. Just because you buy a lot of them, does not mean your chance will increase. I know it is frustrating, I have been through it too. But if it were easy to get mounts, rare items, etc., then it would not be rare anymore. Rare is to mean hard to come by.

Hope this helped and was insightful,
Seth NightFlame 100
Child of Light and Shadow

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Yup. That about sums it up. Great pack if ya got a new property and need trees. That's what i do.