Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Anyone Else Notice A Decline In New Hoard Packs?

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
This is meerly an observation.

Has anyone else noticed that about since the release of Aquila, there haven't been any new Hoard Packs for awhile? Litterally, none.

I'm not overly upset about it, because, in the past, KI has over released too packs back-to-back (looks like they finally took the memo) and it got pretty annoying. Now, I'm not trying to jinx anything and suddenly see 10 packs 2-days after each other next month. No.

But since new packs have been on a hiatus for about a little less than a year, I think it's fair if we see only a few new ones this year. Like 3 new ones spread across the year is good enough. I found it kinda strange that Aquila nor Khrysalis never got a Hoard or Lore Pack after them and I still have my finger's crossed for a Celestia, Zafaria, and Marleybone themed Hoard Pack.

Anyway, what do you think about the decline of recently new packs and do you believe it should stay that way?

Thanks for Reading!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
This is meerly an observation.

Has anyone else noticed that about since the release of Aquila, there haven't been any new Hoard Packs for awhile? Litterally, none.

I'm not overly upset about it, because, in the past, KI has over released too packs back-to-back (looks like they finally took the memo) and it got pretty annoying. Now, I'm not trying to jinx anything and suddenly see 10 packs 2-days after each other next month. No.

But since new packs have been on a hiatus for about a little less than a year, I think it's fair if we see only a few new ones this year. Like 3 new ones spread across the year is good enough. I found it kinda strange that Aquila nor Khrysalis never got a Hoard or Lore Pack after them and I still have my finger's crossed for a Celestia, Zafaria, and Marleybone themed Hoard Pack.

Anyway, what do you think about the decline of recently new packs and do you believe it should stay that way?

Thanks for Reading!
I too am surprised, especially with adding a whole new world... and 2 parts at that! I expected hoard packs for Khrysalis for sure.

Not sure their reasoning, but I personally like the packs for the most part. I hope they continue with more!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Funny! A friend and I were just talking about packs yesterday, and how KI hasn't released any for a while. I did notice that the Majestic bundle will be leaving the Spiral, which got me thinking about packs.

I used to love opening packs, but I've noticed for some time it seems the packs have been 'adjusted' in terms of what content they have and the rarity of decent items in them.

It would be nice to see some new hoard packs, and that the packs include better 'opening' rates on the good stuff, plus if there are common/uncommon stuff, that it's not reagents and little things that are really overdone (and common), like reagents (mistwood, ore), and items (shovels, axes), etc that I feel are a waste of my crowns to find most of this type of stuff in my hoard pack instead of something better.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
TBH, I'm happy with the way things are.

Don't get me wrong. I like the packs, too. But about 6 packs followed Azteca's release, and I find that's way too much for a supposedly "family-friendly" game; they are fun, yes, but we don't need that many, especially with the "adjusted" drop rates that Brynner mentioned.

In terms of add-ons, I'd love to see a bundle that everyone can get. I don't live in the US, so I'm always stuck waiting 6 months to a year for any of the cool stuff my American friends have to become available online. I've talked to the card manufacturer, so I already know they'll never sell them here, but a wizard can dream, right?

-von
canadian wizard, exalted

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
i'm glad. I get packs sometimes if I really want something, but i'd much rather just buy a thing than gamble on packs. It's so frustrating to have to trash piles of junk or feed things to a pet just to get the one item I am after. I'd rather pay 4000 crowns once and get the wand or boots or whatever than buy 10 packs.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
I think the main reason they haven't since Khrysalis came out is since the jump to level 100, they have to make all the level 100 rewards for each pack as well as the new themed items.pets, and gear.

Just my thinking on why KI hasn't produced one yet.

-The RavenCatcher