Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Khrysalis: Galleries Stressful & Ridiculously Hard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 21, 2013
Yeah Kingsisle, I realize you wanted to give us a challenge, but this is WAY too much. Seriously? Ghost Dog, Kravenly and everyone else with their cheats in the same battle? I got to the last battle, so happy to be done, but then...the quest didn't register and I wasn't able to go on. Are you kidding me right now? Is this even real life? I was in tears, not knowing what the heck to do, but eventually I found a team. And as I'm making this post, I'm attempting it again. Seriously not cool Kingsisle, this dungeon just brings stress to a lot of people. I dread doing this on my other characters. Goodness gracious, at least take their cheats away or something. Ridiculous, thanks for the woe and stress.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
You can do it! You're almost there! There's only Morganthe after that, and she isn't as hard. There are good drops too. It will be worth it.

I know some players are freaked out by hard dungeons, but you are level 100. This is the big time - the end of a 4+ year journey. The EPIC conclusion of everything we have learned, earned, and fought for. It would be silly to have an easy, ordinary fight.

Most of KR is pretty easy given our level. There are a few real battles and I'm glad for that. I wish people would stop asking for things to be nerfed. What ever happened to rising to a challenge?

Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
I did not consider this dungeon TOO hard, yes Kravenly and Ghost Dog cheat, but you eventually will beat them, many people were asking for a challenge since KHP1 was too hard, but just have patience, form a team, and good luck!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
IvanTheMythTree on Apr 26, 2014 wrote:
Yeah Kingsisle, I realize you wanted to give us a challenge, but this is WAY too much. Seriously? Ghost Dog, Kravenly and everyone else with their cheats in the same battle? I got to the last battle, so happy to be done, but then...the quest didn't register and I wasn't able to go on. Are you kidding me right now? Is this even real life? I was in tears, not knowing what the heck to do, but eventually I found a team. And as I'm making this post, I'm attempting it again. Seriously not cool Kingsisle, this dungeon just brings stress to a lot of people. I dread doing this on my other characters. Goodness gracious, at least take their cheats away or something. Ridiculous, thanks for the woe and stress.
I don't think you are the only one that has stress for these events when most others consider it a good challenge. In order to make the game more difficult these things must be added other wise everyone would be able to do it.

The problem is when you believe you must play it when you actually have other options. I took a few wizards though Azteca and realized that sort of game play just really wasn't my speed or what I was looking for in a game. I found I could complete everything ok but I wasn't enjoying it any more. I quested into Ks with one wizard and stopped. I think Azteca gave me wizard burn out. I have concluded that my level of game play enjoyability is maybe the end of Avalon altho I had deleted a lot of wizards there so maybe Zafaria.

The population of worlds gives KI a meter on how things are going, if many forge though hating it all the way there is no way for KI to accurately gauge how well a world is doing. Keep in mind, it's just a game you are paying to play - if it's not working out for you reassess your situation and make adjustments accordingly.

Mary

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
be happy the final is a signal on its own. 1 battle that we can do 1000's of times for the couple drops we never seem to get. a step above hades since we can just do the 1 fight and not crawl up to the final.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2008
well all the hard dungeon does for me is make me want to quit...it is ridiculous the many cheats the two 20000 plus life the two bosses have and to add to the misery they bring in two minions...and forget the 100level life minions you hire they dont heal ...really...what a waste of crowns......and my blocks dont work in that dungeon ...i like a good fight too but i at least want it to be a fair one...and there is nothing fair about this dungeon...and since when do people want to team up...and what about those player who play early in the morning there are no teams...so if you wanna team up with me contact me lenora thundertamer...and the gear for the level 100 wiz is needless to say lousy...really? ..we work hard to get our life up and that gear brings it down to lvl 10 ...i love this game ..but ki what were you thinking?

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
Ugh, I did that dungeon yesterday on my fire. It was awful, and yes, instead of feeling a sense of accomplishment at the end, all I felt was exhaustion. It took an Ice friend and I four hours to complete it. Then we went on the finish Morganthe which took us another two. Now before you all go on about our gear and team, we have scoped out the gear on many wizards that we come across. They are woefully pathetic in their stats and their pets. We stay as a two person team for a reason. We do not want to have to carry anyone. That only makes those dungeons worse. I do not blame those poor wizards for their gear and pets. Its extremely hard to get good gear unless you craft, or are lucky enough to get a good drop from a boss or a pack. Even then the gear is not great. My friend and I mix and match to get the best set up we can depending on what we are fighting at the time.

I guess we fall somewhere within that "hardcore" group, but neither of us are enjoying this one bit. All I could say when we were done was "thank goodness that's over." There was no great sense of accomplishment, only one of relief and exhaustion.

I'm sure more players will be culled from the game at that trial. I guess I don't get it. I would think that KI would want to KEEP players, not weed them out.

I have a low level account that I play only up through Dragonspyre. I am hoping that KI will add low level side worlds and activities for those who never want to go beyond first arc. I know a lot of people who want to stay in that arc for various reasons. I love it for the old, magic feeling, and for the desire to still play this game when the upper worlds become too stressing for me.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
geez56 on May 1, 2014 wrote:
well all the hard dungeon does for me is make me want to quit...it is ridiculous the many cheats the two 20000 plus life the two bosses have and to add to the misery they bring in two minions...and forget the 100level life minions you hire they dont heal ...really...what a waste of crowns......and my blocks dont work in that dungeon ...i like a good fight too but i at least want it to be a fair one...and there is nothing fair about this dungeon...and since when do people want to team up...and what about those player who play early in the morning there are no teams...so if you wanna team up with me contact me lenora thundertamer...and the gear for the level 100 wiz is needless to say lousy...really? ..we work hard to get our life up and that gear brings it down to lvl 10 ...i love this game ..but ki what were you thinking?
I agree totally on everything that is said. I play early in the morning most of the time due to my work schedule. At first I was wondering what the heck. I went through the first two battles twice and couldn't go further before finding out you must have a team. I wasn't able to do alone. I am still unable to continue until I am able to help a friend get to my level and my point in the quest. A lot is going into KI's favor and we, the players (and payers) are being put on the back burner. I love the game too and have been on since the beginning but now its getting alittle hectic. A lot of players will be weeded out because of this I hate to say.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Proper preparation for an easy run through the galleries is essential.

You are facing two shadow bosses, not just one, AND they both have cheats. Bad news in my book.

However, you have already faced these bosses before, and should remember both cheat and shadow.

Going in, nothing beats a full team, preferably one that works together. Prepare for the cheats like last time, only prepare for both sets of cheat. Its easier if you have more than one person that heals. A zero pip triage takes out Ghost Dog's cheat, and dispel/black mantle mix does a huge number on anything throwing shadow. 2 rounds, 2 pips at the most, worth it.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Speaking of pound, see the pounding from 3 rounds not pleasing the summoned shadow? I see big numbers.

..... and now we see the cure

Try different things. Use your imagination, it's the most powerful weapon you have.

Explorer
Aug 30, 2009
Aside from all the other comments... I had a fun time in the galleries. Was it hard? YES!!!!(I can't stress this enough for a Myth wizard who forgot about GH and spent training points poorly) but i had a good 4 person team and we beat them all in around an hour and half to complete it. Even if you never block (like me ) it is still possible. Hang in there!

Christo Mythspear 100

Defender
May 09, 2010
It seems some people have been experiencing problems with this issue, minor or not, and I understand where you're at. But remember, what's a game without a good challenge once and a while?

Blaze Stormmancer

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
Black Pearl on May 1, 2014 wrote:
Ugh, I did that dungeon yesterday on my fire. It was awful, and yes, instead of feeling a sense of accomplishment at the end, all I felt was exhaustion. It took an Ice friend and I four hours to complete it. Then we went on the finish Morganthe which took us another two. Now before you all go on about our gear and team, we have scoped out the gear on many wizards that we come across. They are woefully pathetic in their stats and their pets. We stay as a two person team for a reason. We do not want to have to carry anyone. That only makes those dungeons worse. I do not blame those poor wizards for their gear and pets. Its extremely hard to get good gear unless you craft, or are lucky enough to get a good drop from a boss or a pack. Even then the gear is not great. My friend and I mix and match to get the best set up we can depending on what we are fighting at the time.

I guess we fall somewhere within that "hardcore" group, but neither of us are enjoying this one bit. All I could say when we were done was "thank goodness that's over." There was no great sense of accomplishment, only one of relief and exhaustion.

I'm sure more players will be culled from the game at that trial. I guess I don't get it. I would think that KI would want to KEEP players, not weed them out.

I have a low level account that I play only up through Dragonspyre. I am hoping that KI will add low level side worlds and activities for those who never want to go beyond first arc. I know a lot of people who want to stay in that arc for various reasons. I love it for the old, magic feeling, and for the desire to still play this game when the upper worlds become too stressing for me.
Well you have obviously scoped out the wrong type of wizards My wizard while not the strongest or defense heavy is a rather good overall stats wizard I keep high block pretty decent resist and good gear as well as a decent pet. Most of the wizards you see are hitters who go in with teams that are healers or tankers so their stats will look like that for a reason. My wizard on the other hand is built for anything whether it's tank blade heal or hit. It won't be the best but i usually stay alive long enough for the fight to end. I either die because of helping others and getting constant attacks or im afk for a minute. Now this carry others sounds a bit much know how to scope correctly or ask about gear.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
mebbenow on May 16, 2014 wrote:
Proper preparation for an easy run through the galleries is essential.

You are facing two shadow bosses, not just one, AND they both have cheats. Bad news in my book.

However, you have already faced these bosses before, and should remember both cheat and shadow.

Going in, nothing beats a full team, preferably one that works together. Prepare for the cheats like last time, only prepare for both sets of cheat. Its easier if you have more than one person that heals. A zero pip triage takes out Ghost Dog's cheat, and dispel/black mantle mix does a huge number on anything throwing shadow. 2 rounds, 2 pips at the most, worth it.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Speaking of pound, see the pounding from 3 rounds not pleasing the summoned shadow? I see big numbers.

..... and now we see the cure

Try different things. Use your imagination, it's the most powerful weapon you have.
This was excellent advice to people who are lost in the ways of playing in hard dungeons.