Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friend Request System

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
I like to make new wizards, but I am not very good at making new friends.
My main wizard has a friends list full of amazing friends that I don't want to lose just because I want a new wizard.
My point is that there should be a request system that allows you to search for other wizards who are friends with your other character.

Example from the searcher's perspective:
I look up Coyle Emeraldsong. Because there are probably multiple wizards by that name, the one that my main wizard is friends with will be the first result, because it is most likely that I would be searching for him. I click his name and a box appears, with the options; Add as Friend, Ignore, and Report. I click add as friend, and the request goes through. The next time Coyle logs on, he will recieve the request.

Example from the reciever's perspective:
I log on and a friend request appears from some random Sierra Rose person. I click More Information, and it tells me that she is my friend Rebecca's other wizard. I accept the request. Yay.

Tell me if you like this idea or not,
Rebecca Shadowflame, lvl 71 , but still in Zafaria because IDK.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Defender
Nov 10, 2012
This is an excellent idea! I hope KI reads this.

Savannah MoonBlossom 29 & Jacqueline ShadowBlade 9

Survivor
Apr 07, 2013
Rebecca Shadowflam... on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
My main wizard has a friends list full of amazing friends that I don't want to lose just because I want a new wizard.
My point is that there should be a request system that allows you to search for other wizards who are friends with your other character.

I look up Coyle Emeraldsong. Because there are probably multiple wizards by that name, the one that my main wizard is friends with will be the first result, because it is most likely that I would be searching for him. I click his name and a box appears, with the options; Add as Friend, Ignore, and Report. I click add as friend, and the request goes through. The next time Coyle logs on, he will recieve the request.

I log on and a friend request appears from some random Sierra Rose person. I click More Information, and it tells me that she is my friend Rebecca's other wizard. I accept the request. Yay.

there should be a privacy option to block it though or else people will just spam random guesses just to find friends ( a little like brute force method of guessing something over and over) i like the idea though

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You can add friends across wizards already if they are online. Login to main wizard, open their friend window. Now leave it open, hit escape, choose quit. Change to your new wizard. The friend window should still be open, click add to friends. It helps if you tell them it's coming so they don't just deny the request.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
Rebecca Shadowflam... on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:

i do like your idea, but a great thing in my opinion that i hope isnt a glitch and they never patch is, say you have a really good friend that you may have starred or may be thinking about starring soon. What you can do to friend them on your new wizard is by opening their info window thingy (whatever you want to call it) and log out with it still there, then when you log in on a different window there name card should still be there, then either text chat them or add them to a group and they can add you. You cannot directly friend them this way they will have to ask you, but this is an excellent way to keep some of the friends you really dont wanna lose on your friends list for all your wizards. Only problem i have is i make allot of characters then change my mind about them and delete them lol so some of my better friends have 5-10 of me on their lists despite maybe having 2 or 3 that i actually use :P
William DawnCloud100
Liam RainSpear60
Anthony Silver30

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
Of course we can do the friend window trick. But what if we want to do it while they're offline, or if you have a nooby friend who just joined and has no idea how realms work? It's just simply easier to be able to send friend requests to anyone anytime.