Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Khrysalis Bugs in Zafaria?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 17, 2011
Ok, so I have a question. In Zafaria these purple bugs are ALWAYS showing up. I realized that they do not belong in Zafaria after poking around in Khrysalis. Khrysalis is a world of bugs and these giant bugs in Zafaria do not fit in with the whole safari theme of Elephants, Zebras, and Lions. They do however fit in with the creepy theme in Khrysalis of "The Spider Queen's Bug Army" as I like to think of it. Even more, the color of these bugs is purple and Khrysalis is a dark, gloomy place, and I noticed a lot of purple here. So why are there Khrysalis bugs in Zafaria? Did I miss a major plot point there or something?
Grace DreamRider

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Grace Dreamrider on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
Ok, so I have a question. In Zafaria these purple bugs are ALWAYS showing up. I realized that they do not belong in Zafaria after poking around in Khrysalis. Khrysalis is a world of bugs and these giant bugs in Zafaria do not fit in with the whole safari theme of Elephants, Zebras, and Lions. They do however fit in with the creepy theme in Khrysalis of "The Spider Queen's Bug Army" as I like to think of it. Even more, the color of these bugs is purple and Khrysalis is a dark, gloomy place, and I noticed a lot of purple here. So why are there Khrysalis bugs in Zafaria? Did I miss a major plot point there or something?
Grace DreamRider
Well, she had to get them from somewhere... if Khrysalis is her home-world, then the purple critters must have come with her to Zafaria for some dastardly purpose.

-von

Historian
May 06, 2009
Grace Dreamrider on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
Grace DreamRider
Well, Zafaria is a an African-inspired world. The Goliaths are themed after the Goliath Beetle (huge, nasty bugs. x shudders x) that inhabit Africa (if my memory serves me well). And Morganthe once made Zafaria her reign of power (as told by Inyanga Whitestripes). I think at the time, KI shifted from the old human warriors of the Shadow Web and added new exciting creatures that would fit well into the world (or at least attempt it) and give more exposure into the Shadow Web.

From my understanding (and I'm going to try not to spoil anything from Khrysalis), after Morganthe became Queen of the Shadow Web in Khrysalis, she set out to conquer new lands and decided to enslave Zafaria as a test to her new found power during the Year of the Red Comet. She took command of Zafaria at the top of Shining Mountain, where her old palace sits at the bottom of Mirror Lake. It was mostly at this time when she brought an army of Goliaths, the strongest of the Umbra Legion, from Khrysalis to Zafaria. After her power was sealed in Mirror Lake and her reign was over, some Goliaths may have still stuck around or fled with her. When Morganthe returned to Zafaria to reclaim her Deck of Shadows, she brought back her Goliahs to smash her enemies the claim what is truly hers.

That's just my interpretation of how all this works. Khrysalis, Zafaria, and Celestia kinda step on each other in terms of laying out Morganthe's reign as the Umbra Queen, but it's managable, I suppose.