Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

beguile and treasure card crow in multiple pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
remove them from use in multiple pvp ranked matches. it is totally unfair for the team that goes second. if you have second go using beguile is useless as the players know you did it and they just pass which makes it a unfair card.

Historian
May 15, 2009
so because you don't get what you want, which is to beguile someone into attacking their own teammates you want it banned? i'm sorry, but that is a really selfish reason to want it gone. if beguile isn't working out for you, then you shouldn't try to rely on it.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
here's what your not looking at

1 beguile is a bad card because of bad timing, for example lets say billy used beguile on Sara and billy went first, but Sara was going to pass any way. so one reason it should stay

2 if you are doing 4v4 or something similar if one uses a to all attack the person that used beguile would get hit as well

3 beguile could by you some time if you go second.( works better for 1v1)

4 your opponent could accidentally heal you.

for all of these reasons beguile is a fair card

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
I may be wrong, but I thought both teams select their spells at the same time each turn. They don't see you cast Beguile and then pass...

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Angel Dust on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:
I may be wrong, but I thought both teams select their spells at the same time each turn. They don't see you cast Beguile and then pass...
If you are second to go, you beguile them after they have cast. That means the next turn they are beguiled and know it. When they go to choose spells, they cannot target you and would be really dumb to pick an AOE spell.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
MrWizard069 on Apr 15, 2014 wrote:
remove them from use in multiple pvp ranked matches. it is totally unfair for the team that goes second. if you have second go using beguile is useless as the players know you did it and they just pass which makes it a unfair card.
Yes, but you are forgetting the fact that you are disrupting their play. Even though they know they are Beguiled, they cannot cast all the spells they want, even if they have the cards to do so. You are indirectly limiting their spell selection. Even if they pass, that is one less spell they could have cast that round.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
Samuel Wolfe on Apr 15, 2014 wrote:
so because you don't get what you want, which is to beguile someone into attacking their own teammates you want it banned? i'm sorry, but that is a really selfish reason to want it gone. if beguile isn't working out for you, then you shouldn't try to rely on it.
I am not death, and do not have a death, its a simple fact. It should not be allowed in pvp.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
Oran of Urz on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
Yes, but you are forgetting the fact that you are disrupting their play. Even though they know they are Beguiled, they cannot cast all the spells they want, even if they have the cards to do so. You are indirectly limiting their spell selection. Even if they pass, that is one less spell they could have cast that round.
oh boy they do nothing for one round. not really a good strategy. first it would be a waste of pips to cast beguile going second, when you need to hit and keep hitting in multiple pvp.
none of you made any good points to retract the fact it is a unfair card for the team going first.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
MrWizard069 on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
oh boy they do nothing for one round. not really a good strategy. first it would be a waste of pips to cast beguile going second, when you need to hit and keep hitting in multiple pvp.
none of you made any good points to retract the fact it is a unfair card for the team going first.
The fact you do not understand the value in preventing someone from casting a certain spell or any spell for even one round, demonstrates lack of overall PvP experience, than just Beguile itself. Many high level Balance and Fire strategies use a similar setup and it involves using spells that cost more pips than Beguile's 3 pip cost.

Here is another novel idea....if you are going second....don't use the spell. Let those of us who do use it from first or second continue to work our same spell deck since day one of PvP.

There are numerous spells of several different schools that are less effective from second, banning them all from PvP just doesn't make sense. Thankfully, I know that KI will never implement this suggestion, since if they were to ban all the recommended spells from these forums...we would only have our starting spells to conduct PvP with.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
MrWizard069 on Apr 15, 2014 wrote:
You don't understand how beguile works. Beguile will only take effect the next round. For example:
Necromancer from first casts beguile: Target casts their spell on the proper target. Next turn they will be beguiled.
Necromancer from second casts beguile: Target next round is beguiled.
Also, it can't be both unfair and useless. If it's unfair, that means it's really OP, i.e. a storm spell that does 9001 damage for 1 pip. That's unfair. Useless is something like Taunt, it's a waste of pips and doesn't really do much. Useless and unfair are mutually exclusive. If it's useless to you, don't use it, because based on your post, you don't think it's unfair.
To quote you, "level up (get a death wizard) before you comment on something you have no knowledge of"

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Robobot1747 on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
You don't understand how beguile works. Beguile will only take effect the next round. For example:
Necromancer from first casts beguile: Target casts their spell on the proper target. Next turn they will be beguiled.
Necromancer from second casts beguile: Target next round is beguiled.
Also, it can't be both unfair and useless. If it's unfair, that means it's really OP, i.e. a storm spell that does 9001 damage for 1 pip. That's unfair. Useless is something like Taunt, it's a waste of pips and doesn't really do much. Useless and unfair are mutually exclusive. If it's useless to you, don't use it, because based on your post, you don't think it's unfair.
To quote you, "level up (get a death wizard) before you comment on something you have no knowledge of"
I think that the original poster was referring to how beguile is completely useless from second. In first, beguile can be a game-changing spell if used correctly. In second, beguile is a waste of pips that allows the opponent to build up pips without being attacked or debuffed. Beguile is a spell that simply widens the gap between teams in first and second.