Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How long did it take you to finish Azteca?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
So I was just wondering how long it took you to finish Azteca, or where your at right now; just wondering! Please specify how many hours you spent a day, things like that. Just started Azteca and wanted to know. :p

Brittany RubyHeart, Lvl 81

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It mainly depends on whether you play alone or with quest buddies and how much time you have to play. It's probably the longest world in terms of gametime required. It's possible to complete it in a few days, but not realistic unless you play all day/night. Even playing a lot every day, a week is more reasonable. I would say that many players who can only play a few hours a day will take more like 3-4 weeks on average. It definitely goes a lot faster with a quest buddy that is on the same quests and has the same schedule.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
i think it took me around a year and a quatre from start to finish in azteca since right now i not member and i had to unlock areas with crowns now in some parts azteca is fun and i loved doing the last dungeon because i was really excited to finally finish the world to get to krystalis

lvl 91 Adam Spirit Bringer

Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
iLollipawp on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
So I was just wondering how long it took you to finish Azteca, or where your at right now; just wondering! Please specify how many hours you spent a day, things like that. Just started Azteca and wanted to know. :p

Brittany RubyHeart, Lvl 81
All depends, for me it was 29 days on my life, and 20 on my storm, so I would say around 1 month. All depends on your game pace.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
It took my Necromancer a little over a month. She soloed as much as she could, which was a lot less than in previous worlds. On average I play 10-12 hours per week with most of that time devoted to playing with my Necromancer.

Miranda Nightsinger, Promethean Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Magus Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Journeyman Sorcerer

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
It depends very much on you. If you play with a partner, especially a good hitter, it will not take you that long, but if you are a solo player it should take you one month or so.

The annoying part in Azteca is the so called "Collecting Quest", which demands lots of patience and killing to be completed. As you progress, the Mob's health increase greatly and to do such quests become very boring and time consuming.

At such point you have to be very methodical, by choosing a small deck with the right cards so make it faster and less painful.

An addendum: Belloq may get on your nerves, make sure you have some friend to help out!

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
SrEdu on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
It depends very much on you. If you play with a partner, especially a good hitter, it will not take you that long, but if you are a solo player it should take you one month or so.

The annoying part in Azteca is the so called "Collecting Quest", which demands lots of patience and killing to be completed. As you progress, the Mob's health increase greatly and to do such quests become very boring and time consuming.

At such point you have to be very methodical, by choosing a small deck with the right cards so make it faster and less painful.

An addendum: Belloq may get on your nerves, make sure you have some friend to help out!
Indeed I agree with the smaller deck with the right cards. I'm actually thinking for that purpose, that my current "small" deck isn't small enough. May go the bazaar and get an even smaller one. LOL.

Yes take help for Belloq. that being said..he wasn't nearly as annoying the second time around as he was the first time with all those cheats he had.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
TheCurlyWolf on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
Indeed I agree with the smaller deck with the right cards. I'm actually thinking for that purpose, that my current "small" deck isn't small enough. May go the bazaar and get an even smaller one. LOL.

Yes take help for Belloq. that being said..he wasn't nearly as annoying the second time around as he was the first time with all those cheats he had.
Yes! A small deck is a must, unless you want to get upset because you have to discard lots of cards to find what you want.

I am balance, so I usually pack: 2 Colossal, 2 RAs, 2 Blades, 1 Sharppened and 1 Sandstorm (just to finish off the eventual health left), and depending on the mob, like the last Ice ones in Twin Mountains (which had plenty of health), I did carry two feints, to kill them easier.

And, hey, this is very simple! Just go to Wizard City Shopping District and look for the Deck shop, there you will find the Novice Deck, which you will switch to when battling the ordinary questing mobs.

Beloq is really annoying, indeed.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
SrEdu on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
Yes! A small deck is a must, unless you want to get upset because you have to discard lots of cards to find what you want.

I am balance, so I usually pack: 2 Colossal, 2 RAs, 2 Blades, 1 Sharppened and 1 Sandstorm (just to finish off the eventual health left), and depending on the mob, like the last Ice ones in Twin Mountains (which had plenty of health), I did carry two feints, to kill them easier.

And, hey, this is very simple! Just go to Wizard City Shopping District and look for the Deck shop, there you will find the Novice Deck, which you will switch to when battling the ordinary questing mobs.

Beloq is really annoying, indeed.
Why buy a smaller deck? Just rename a good deck with all the bonuses and only pack a few cards in it. No one makes you fill the whole deck. I use pip decks for all my decks now, it doesn't mean I carry 64 cards in them all. It seems pointless to give up the boosts of higher level decks just to use less spells.