Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

battles taking too long

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 17, 2009
I started playing this game with my nephews, and the battles (non dungeon ones) are starting to take too long that they are loosing interest in playing (we are in dragonspyre, so we are not even out of the original game), and Minecraft and other games are becoming the ones they'd rather play. I understand that you are trying to keep the came challenging, but it's too much. Please make the battles less in length. For those hard core gamers you can have extra dungeons like Aquilla or like I have seen others suggest a setting where we can change the difficulty level.
Please help keep the younger group interesting in playing this game.
Thank you.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2013
Not sure if necroposting....

Yeah. Im starting to get annoyed with that too.

But,
I know it cant be helped. Its the way players have loved it for years. I would like to point out that the hand held Pokemon games had a function tuat allowed for you to turn off battle animations. Just throwing that suggestion in there.
But as far as losing intrest in the game, im in the tomb of storms and its like pulling teeth. Each and every battle is like your final one. They take every ounce of your focus, one false move and you'll just end up defeated. Thats fine for every so often.......not every random battle for a spare dropplet of exp.

I want to like this game and continue playing. Ever since FusionFall closed I came here because someone from KI came and talked personally to my forum. That was the most humbling thing ive ever had the pleasure of encountering.....so I made an account. However we were such a dedicated board towards FusionFall, alot of us didnt have or played w101 alot. So its hard to catch each other in game.

And partnering up with players is the only way to avoid immense frustraition at this point of the game. And because the tomb of storms is more isolated than other combat areas, I cant just jump in on someones battle. I really like to support others which is why im an Ice wizard (not by choice, personality quiz) with a concentraition in life magic. I like to say im one of those players you want to have on your team....if my deck behaves that duel. Of course, I could be naive right now too.

So, just like you op, I just log on to attend plants and level up my furry companions to make them useful. Not used to having little companions that are just a cosmetic feature. I have to wait until I can catch my forum mates online to continue on. Until then.....I just find something else to to sadly.

Still love you KI. Thanks for wrangling us sad Fusionfallers up and giving us purpose again.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Im torn on this for a few reasons.

First I think if you turned off the animations of the fight you would find that this game is pretty small in content, which means everyone could race to the top quickly. For example my old mmo had at least 5000 quests that you could do and at that time the level limit was 60.

Second how do you deal with people who join your fight who have the animations on while yours are off.

The real burn for me is the lack of xp from fights, its so low im not sure why they even give xp to be honest.