Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

waterworks or hades

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 07, 2012
are the waterworks or hades gear better let me know what you think

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It really depends what school you are and how you play the game. Hades gear is more powerful, boosts power pips, has pierce but no accuracy. Waterworks has accuracy but no power pip or pierce and a small critical chance. Hades defensive gear (without wand) for storm gives 50% chance to critical, Waterworks (without wand) gives 19% chance to critical. Adding the Hades wand increases those by 22%.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Yes ;)

Meaning it depends what you are doing & your level. Waterworks is level 60, Hades is 90, so get Waterworks as soon as you can. Get Tartarus when you want. There are multiple Hades items for each school (and other Tartarus gear). It's often effective to mix and match all those, and maybe some crafted or pack items too.

In general, Waterworks gives good all-around stats. Hades improves on pierce and critical but gives up accuracy, and for some schools damage. Consider your needs. Change things if it helps.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Well, it just depends on level. As of now, with the Khrysalis part 1 update out, Hades gear is definitely the best. But if you are level 60, that's 30 more levels and Waterworks will really help you out.
So do Waterworks first then Hades when you get to the level to defeat him.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Waterworks gear is level 60.
Hades gear is level 90.
Infer what you will from this.

Historian
May 15, 2009
uhh.. am I being punked? xD

waterworks is level 60 gear and hades is level 90 gear.. of course the hades gear is better

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
coolguy2170 on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
The responses are correct so far, but I just wanted to give my opinion. Farm for the hat and robe until you get them. But for some reason, I never seem to get the boots, and have learned the the crafted boots (lvl 58 instead of waterworks boots and lvl 86 for Promethean gear) work just as well.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Samuel Wolfe on Mar 19, 2014 wrote:
uhh.. am I being punked? xD

waterworks is level 60 gear and hades is level 90 gear.. of course the hades gear is better
No. It isn't that simple. Don't assume that higher level = better. There is lots of bad high level gear.

Some of the Hades gear is better in some ways, but there are some situations where you might want Waterworks or something else like crafted for more block and resist. Like Sethe42 and Dakota said, it depends what you need.

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
Defender
Jan 03, 2013
coolguy2170 on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
Depends on the level and required stats you desire.

Defenses, Basic Gear to Handle: Waterworks

Attacking, More Complicated but Easy once understandable: Hades

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Just because WW gear is L60 and Hades gear is L90, doesn't mean that Hades gear is the best.

Honestly, depending on what school, I would go with a combination of WW and crafted gear. For example, when I compared Death gear, Hades gives a smidge more boost to some stats, a much bigger boost for critical, but you lose (if I remember correctly) 13% damage boost. To me, any additional boosts Hades might give me was just negated by losing a lot of damage.

It's all a matter on how you want to play the game. The problem is, the good Hades gear is very very difficult to get. And, no matter how much boost I get from the wand I would get, I do not use same school wands. It's pointless and irresponsible.

Explorer
Aug 06, 2008
hades is obviously better. But remember there isn't just hades, zeus, and poseidon gear sets, there is also teh hades alternate gear set, which is often refered to as the upgraded water works gear as its more placed on the resistance instead of the pierce. For example, for storm, there is hades armor, and then blackthuder armor, which is also droped by hades but is a bit more rare. I prefer blackthunder over hades, and I believe most people do, because it offers resist which is greater than waterworks, but also the huge critical and some pierce.
-Adam Seafist