Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How much have you saved?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 27, 2010
How much gold have you managed to save up at one time I really want to know seeing as i'm saving up for something big it would really encourage me.

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Well, technically I never saved my gold for anything since I always try to have at the least of 210,000 gold at any given time but I did reach the maximum gold amount multiple times (375,000 gold to be exact since I'm Level 95). To help you get a bit more gold, I would encourage you to sell some Empower TC (the death spell that you must take in damage to receive 3 pips). The lowest price that the Empower (or Empowerment?) TC can be sold for is 800 gold each and the maximum about of gold it could be sold for each is 2,000 gold each. Planting the Couch Potatoes plant drops the TC and it also drops the Shanta pudding snack (Rank 7 auctionable snack) which can most of the time be sold for the maximum amount sold each which is about 875 gold. Most of the time, the Bazaar runs out of that snack FAST so that's why you can sell it for so much gold each. I think "Shanta Pudding" is the exact name of the snack. Well, I know it has the word "Shanta" in it for sure. Oh yea, also, if you're looking to save up a lot of gold, then farming at Halfang in Vestrilund in Wintertusk will give you good selling stuff that you can sell. The hats from him usually sell for approximately 2,200 gold each and same goes with the boots I think. The robes can be sold for approximately 3,300 gold each. The wands he drops can be sold for about 4,100 gold and he also drops a Amulet that can be sold for about 8,300 gold. If you are saving up gold for something, I hope that the advice I gave you helped. I hope this is helpful to you

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I think I have saved about 220,000 on my death character by doing side quests and selling gear.
Neela Lotusflower Legendary
Saffron Sandsword Magus

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Wow I don't think I've EVER maxed out the amount of money I could have at one time and also thx for the tips....so far I just keep running mount Olympus fighting the gladiator and stuff like that to get gold.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
From gardening couch potatoes and farming for gear I actually have to throw gold away. I typically buy the most expensive hat in the bazaar and then just sell it back. My gold tends to stay around 250-300,000 so that I can still sell extra gear and cards. Once or twice a day I have to buy something and sell it back just to get my gold low enough to clean out my backpack. Gold is never a problem.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
seethe42 on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
From gardening couch potatoes and farming for gear I actually have to throw gold away. I typically buy the most expensive hat in the bazaar and then just sell it back. My gold tends to stay around 250-300,000 so that I can still sell extra gear and cards. Once or twice a day I have to buy something and sell it back just to get my gold low enough to clean out my backpack. Gold is never a problem.
I also max out on gold. I never thought about buying an expensive item and selling it back. Normally, I will hatch with someone needing a better pet and then immediately sell the egg.

Buying the garden spells are another good way to lose massive amounts of gold. The problem with buying those spells is you can only do it once.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
Survivor
Aug 06, 2013
120,000 for crowns house and gold left over- wysteria villa
had no crowns at the time

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
You can actually save more than the carried maximum of 375,000. With all my gardening, and always maxing out gold, I started buying stuff and using an empty house as storage. When you need to fill your gold back up, just sell some stuff from the storage house and you're back in business. I have saved up at least a million gold this way. Will probably never use it, but it's there.

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
I saved around 120,000 for an element themend house. It was the life one.
I got the gold from doing many side quests and selling all extra stuff at the bazzar..
I also did a LOT of gardening.

Micheal Dragonblade lvl 34

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I have 3 wizards at level 95; I have hit the max gold cap many times.

When that happens, I usually buy mounts or furniture or yet another house from the crown shop (they can be bought for gold) or I stand in the bazaar and snipe reagents/rare treasure cards.

With the exception of 2 houses (my pyramid and massive fantasy palace), all 6 wizards have bought all of their houses for gold... Houses in the crown shop are 100,000 gold; my balance wizard has 8 or 9 houses, and that's by herself.

I have only dropped below 100,000 once.

-von

95 , , and
46 and

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Wow your all SO lucky it seems like you all acquire gold and save it so easily.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
I am level 42 and haven't used gold except for crafting quests and I have about 90k saved

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
If you want to build up a lot of gold, start gardening for "common" pet snacks and let them pile up in your shared bank. Rank 1 snacks are usually worth 50 gold, rank 2 = 100 gold, rank 3 =150 and so on. There are a few really common snacks that are worth less than 50x rank but there are others that are worth over 100x rank.
I have over 650,000 gold stored up in common pet snacks, and since it's in the shared bank, it's available to any of my characters.

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
Another decent way to get gold, do Loremaster and sell the gear and TC, I'm farming her on my death for deer anyway so I've hit gold cap on him a few times.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I earn all the gold I need just doing common questing. I keep an eye on my backpack and when it gets full I visit the bazaar and sell all the gear I've picked up that I don't want to keep. A side trip to any vendor in the shopping district lets me sell off no auction items. I am level 60, have a full set of the best available level 58 gear I bought at the bazaar, a red barn farm for gardening, have fed items to a secondary character to sell for gold to buy gardening spells and seeds and a castle for more gardening, and still have over 100K gold on my character sheet. I have never deliberately "farmed" for gold. I have a ton of pet snacks from gardening and questing but have never gotten around to selling any, it just isn't necessary.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Balance princess on Mar 7, 2014 wrote:
Wow your all SO lucky it seems like you all acquire gold and save it so easily.
nah, it's just easier to do at the high levels because the items are worth more.

my poor ice wizard has about 100k and i want to buy her a house. but if i do that, she will have no gold for gear upgrades going into celestia; that won't end well, since i want her to have good block, etc.

because she's on my second account, it's not as easy as putting stuff in the shared bank for her to sell~ she is the highest level wizard on my alt, since all 3 prometheans and 1 legendary are all on my main account and can't transfer stuff to her through the shared bank (which is a pain, because my balance wizard only ever gets ice gear as drops; if tara were on my main account, she'd be set until level 95, lol).

-von (& her wizards)

laura shadowsong, 95 bal
valerian deathwhisper, 95 death
sestiva stormblade, 95 storm
tavia summershield, 63 life
patrick dreamstalker, 46 myth
tara winterbloom, 46 ice
angela nightflame, 34 fire
scarlet skullhammer, 17 death
iridian ironheart, 12 myth
rowan drake, 11 death
savannah drake, 6 life
& cody golddust, the necro noob

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
My two highest level wizards hit the cap fairly frequently these days, but then tend to binge-spend hatching pets.

-Michael

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I max out a lot.
This means I get around 300,000 gold.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I've maxed out on my Pro Wizard 3 times. I generally buy reagents for crafting or furniture when I need to use some gold. I also buy stuff and put it in the shared bank for my other 3 wizards. Gold came in handy when I crafted my Celestial Observatory and Wyrd House. Needed lots of reagents not to mention the purchase price for the recipes. I think it was 175K for the two recipes if I remember correctly. I do a lot of farming so I always have Treasure Cards and Pet Snacks to sell.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2013
go and fight in a world you are not venturing in yet get lots of stuff and sell it at the bazzar the most I have got is proably saving up for proud lion I have royal lioness and proud lion keep going and you will be there in no time

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
I max out on gold (350k) every 3 days, when all my plants are ready for the elder harvest.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i hit the max gold cap again on my balance wizard; i spent a bunch of it the other night when i sniped a bunch of turquoise in the bazaar... it was late and there weren't many people online, so i just yoinked all of them (for my next crafting nightmare, whatever that happens to be).

plus, some nice person offered to hatch their polar bear pet with me; i can't get the bundle, as it's not available in my country yet, and he's so cute that the 47,000 gold i spent to hatch him was sooooo worth it!

if you guys are at least level 48, go and farm halfang in vestrilund. he drops the best loot, and you can sell it for easy gold~ if you're on late enough at night, you may see me there (in which case, come say hi and we can farm together/get better stuff, yay woo).

-von
and the bear named bear.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I can't wait until I get into the higher levels....I'm a level 40 something right now.