Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just unlucky?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 23, 2010
So basically I farmed a few bosses that gives wands that I think are nice, such as

Jade Oni's Amethyst's Blade
Longblade of the Homunculus
Soulsinger's Soulsword
Avalanche's Legendary Cutlass
Ruby Blade of the Forest

Over 200 times.. and none of them has dropped yet. Not a single one.. and I can't find them on the bazaar either. Several years ago the Longblade of the Homunculus was in the bazaar and I am so regretful that I didn't get it then. I've asked around people with these wands and a few of them had them dropped on their first try. Am I just unlucky?

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
I'm pretty sure that all of these wands are no auction, so you couldn't have gotten them at the bazaar anyways. It's all from luck, though. So, yeah. Your just extremely unlucky.

Don't worry though... The wand will creep up on you when your least expecting it. It's just amazing like that, you know? :)

~ Vanessa

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
One time I bought about 20 hydra packs in hopes of getting the mount. I gave up for he day. When I tried again the next day I got it on my 3rd try or something like that. This usually is how it turns out for me. Probably how my luck is set out. You will get it eventually get it some day.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
purrfectgirl on Feb 24, 2014 wrote:
One time I bought about 20 hydra packs in hopes of getting the mount. I gave up for he day. When I tried again the next day I got it on my 3rd try or something like that. This usually is how it turns out for me. Probably how my luck is set out. You will get it eventually get it some day.
sorry, typo

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
natshadowbane on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
So basically I farmed a few bosses that gives wands that I think are nice, such as

Jade Oni's Amethyst's Blade
Longblade of the Homunculus
Soulsinger's Soulsword
Avalanche's Legendary Cutlass
Ruby Blade of the Forest

Over 200 times.. and none of them has dropped yet. Not a single one.. and I can't find them on the bazaar either. Several years ago the Longblade of the Homunculus was in the bazaar and I am so regretful that I didn't get it then. I've asked around people with these wands and a few of them had them dropped on their first try. Am I just unlucky?
this may be tricky but you may be lucky i did luska charmbeak in the waterworks 4 times and got the hat what everybody told you dont give up you can do it

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Randomness is random. It could drop the first time, or it could never drop.

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
I am beginning to believe that 'just unlucky' is rampant throughout the spiral. It is not just a matter of 'unlucky' but a serious decrease in drop rates of desirable items. I run 4 accounts at a time and typically go for the fast kill with stacked feints. This means I see all 4 drops, and the drop rates are dismal throughout the spiral. In fact, so dismal I do not see a reason to quest the new world. You need to sweeten the pot all around the spiral KI.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Molly Thunderbreez... on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
I am beginning to believe that 'just unlucky' is rampant throughout the spiral. It is not just a matter of 'unlucky' but a serious decrease in drop rates of desirable items. I run 4 accounts at a time and typically go for the fast kill with stacked feints. This means I see all 4 drops, and the drop rates are dismal throughout the spiral. In fact, so dismal I do not see a reason to quest the new world. You need to sweeten the pot all around the spiral KI.
this sums it up exactly.

tragically unlucky just seems to be the way now. the drop-rates are awful and, like you, i see no sense to keep going. put simply, the drops we do get (assuming we get any to start with) aren't worth the time and effort.

-von

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I find that when I farm for drops or buy a hoard pack Murphy's law always seems to apply which is why i try to avoid buying packs.

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
Robobot1747 on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
Randomness is random. It could drop the first time, or it could never drop.
i think you will find out it will drop

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Agree, its drop rate, and partially luck, at level 94 I went into the Helephant tower to help a friend. Lo and behold! I finally got that shiny ring! No trade, no auction, no shares, pet loved it.

One suggestion. Change tactic.

If you solo, or go in with someone, try a whole group. If you wear boss down, try taking the time to set up for harder hits (one shot kill if ya can). One run in Hades I seen the Divine Influence amulet drop to the healer. She never threw a trap, blade or hit, only heals.

There is no way to tell who is going to get what when. Try different things, and keep swinging.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
I was once doing the Azteca crafting quest. It was difficult, mainly because I needed a potent trap TC. I gave up for a while and did some main quests and I finally got it. I was not expecting to get the TC, considering that I wasn't farming for the boss. I was just doing my main storyline. So basically, I would just take a rest, farm some bosses once in a while and it will probably turn up when you least expect it.

Colin Legendsteed Level 89
Blaze Storm Level 7 (XD)

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
After helping another wizard farm for items that he needed, I decided that someone named it "farming" for a good reason: it takes awhile; things can go wrong (like sometime I was awarded the item he wanted); it's a bit boring; but definitely worth it because there will always be the day when you need to call for "help" or when you, too, really want someone to help you farm for an item. Farming for gear is very random: in battle and in purchasing.

Farm first. You can always buy a low level minion to help you in battle. Clicking repeatedly on the "buy packs" button is tempting but the very next day might come an item that is unique for the day or week and you may be out of crowns.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
What I have noticed is that there is a tendency for drop rate to be high when a new item/spell is first introduced--probably to increase advertising between peers--then it gets dramatically cut at the next update. Krampus spell, prime example.

I am unaware of things that actually make drops more likely, but there are lots of superstitious players.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
Defender
Jan 13, 2013
one time I was farming clothes for my low level in rattlebones, guess what? I got a fairy. I even liked her name ;) and one day was doing pagoda last boss got the sword threw my hands in the air and spun in my chair

it shows up when you least expect it.